need help with triple series mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmitch159

Aug 12, 2016
i have a triple series box mod that i been having for awhile now and its my everyday vape. i went to hit it and heard a snap and something that sounded like a cracking coming from inside the box. after that it started autofiring. i removed the rda and tested the button. it fired just fine without the rda. when i put the rda back on it autofires without hitting the button. can someone please tell me what went wrong

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
i have a triple series box mod that i been having for awhile now and its my everyday vape. i went to hit it and heard a snap and something that sounded like a cracking coming from inside the box. after that it started autofiring. i removed the rda and tested the button. it fired just fine without the rda. when i put the rda back on it autofires without hitting the button. can someone please tell me what went wrong
:danger::danger::danger:
Dont use that MOD ever if it does that!

Reactions: Eskie

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US

Fried Mosfet or PWM Poteniometer. Get the model number of the Mosfets installed, search for replacements and get more with a higher rating, if you know someone or can do it yourself unsolder the older Mosfets and solder in the new ones. If the mod has a PWM like the Raptor chip, these are most times rated for about 120watts, going over that you'll fry them every time. You'll need to buy a new one, any time you throw down the switch and you hear a high pitched whining noise adjust the output up and down until it goes away, the whining is the signal you are over taxing the chip. HTH

bigmitch159

Aug 12, 2016
Fried Mosfet or PWM Poteniometer. Get the model number of the Mosfets installed, search for replacements and get more with a higher rating, if you know someone or can do it yourself unsolder the older Mosfets and solder in the new ones. If the mod has a PWM like the Raptor chip, these are most times rated for about 120watts, going over that you'll fry them every time. You'll need to buy a new one, any time you throw down the switch and you hear a high pitched whining noise adjust the output up and down until it goes away, the whining is the signal you are over taxing the chip. HTH
all it had inside was a triple mosfet with the 15k resister. no pwm. it never whinned or hissed when the button was pressed. so i need to go with a higher mosfet and this should solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread