need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUBBER6D9

Apr 22, 2016
Danville p.a
Need some help I recently started hearing a hissing/static sound coming from my mod I know it's the mod I took my tank off the mod is a kooper plus 200w the tank is a tfv4 early in the day I swapped out an clean the tank swapped from a 3 coil atomizer to a quad coil atomizer running it the same way just a little more watts 425° 85w (.14 ohms with new coil) when it's locked or even in sleep mode it hisses or a static sound when I power it off nothing I tool the 2 Sony vtc batteries out not even warm an there not hissing what could it be just started 30 mins ago we ther it's bien fired or not when locked an I hit the fire button it stops then I release the button an immediately it comes back either it will change in pitch or sound like static then 5 to 10 secs later it's constant again what could it be???

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It sounds like it may be auto firing. In other words, it may be firing or powering up automatically without you needing to hit the power button. Could be a short in the mod or a defective switch. Did you buy it recently? Is it still under warranty? I would not leave it unattended with an atty or tank attached to it and batteries installed.

If it is auto firing, getting a refund/ replacement would be your best bet. Contact the vendor that you bought it from.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: BrotherBob

DUBBER6D9

Apr 22, 2016
Danville p.a
Yes it's still under warranty an I swapped the batteries just to see an same thing it's definitely not them now once I lock it an the screen blacks out it stops without actually turning it off an there's no vape coming from my tank witch when I had it on my old mod I would fire it an you could hear it an see vape come out could it be the led screen sounds like dial up Internet like back in the day when u had the annoying sounds just not all the different noises ima see what it does if I have it on in stealth mod

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Another thing to think about is, did you have any juice leaks from your tank that could have gotten down into the mod? Eliquid is sticky and if any gets down inside of your mod it can cause problems such as making the button stick. Even if it is just a few drops here and there, it can add up to enough to cause problems. This has been a common problem that I have seen happen in the past.

If that is the case and it is no longer under warranty, there are things that you could try to clean it up.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes it's still under warranty an I swapped the batteries just to see an same thing it's definitely not them now once I lock it an the screen blacks out it stops without actually turning it off an there's no vape coming from my tank witch when I had it on my old mod I would fire it an you could hear it an see vape come out could it be the led screen sounds like dial up Internet like back in the day when u had the annoying sounds just not all the different noises ima see what it does if I have it on in stealth mod

Ok. Well, it is good that it is still under warranty. Try a few more things if you like but if you are having these issues already, I would get it replaced if I were in your place. Even if the problem resolves. You never know when it will pop back up and you may not have warranty on it. JMHO

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
No sound now that it's in stealth mod with the led screen blacked out so what could it be?

Well, it could be an issue with the LED screen making noise. I am not very familiar with that mod. Still, I would get replacement. Even if it is the screen that is not functioning properly, it is still defective.

DUBBER6D9

Apr 22, 2016
Danville p.a
I haven't spilled any juice but right before I'm about to do the cloud chasing type of vape an blow into the tank an vape comes out as soon as I see the vape I start inhaling an raising my body up to expand my lungs an some watery juice/vape dew gets around it an I wipe it away immediately but the buttons don't stick at all when pressed an depressed they have the solid click sound an now that I'm looking at the warranty card It says I should of had the shop fill out the top portion only have had it for 2 maybe 3 weeks max never dropped it ect.

Reactions: salemgold

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I haven't spilled any juice but right before I'm about to do the cloud chasing type of vape an blow into the tank an vape comes out as soon as I see the vape I start inhaling an raising my body up to expand my lungs an some watery juice/vape dew gets around it an I wipe it away immediately but the buttons don't stick at all when pressed an depressed they have the solid click sound an now that I'm looking at the warranty card It says I should of had the shop fill out the top portion only have had it for 2 maybe 3 weeks max never dropped it ect.

You should not have any problem having the shop that you bought it from replace it. Contact them and I bet that they will get it replaced.

DUBBER6D9

Apr 22, 2016
Danville p.a
An hard to tell if it was auto firing bien I vaped not long after hearing it so it was hot already from me could it be juice down in behind the screen an when power is Goin to the screen it's burning the juice but sounds more like static interference then hissing I'm definitely calling the shop tommorow to get this figures out I mean it vapes flawlessly just the noise is annoying an worries me but when it's blacked out an I hit it no sound would it be fine vaping it till tommorow or the next day as lonf G as I set it to stealth mode with the screen blacked out?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes. It would be fine. Next time it makes that noise, check and be sure that your tank is not heating up. As long as it is not, it will be fine to use. It really sounds like it is the screen. If it was auto firing, the noise from the tank heating up would happen even if it were in stealth mode.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
An would they send it out to be fixed or just give me another one cause I'd hate to wait an have to go back to my aspire pegasus mini 50w where the batteries is drained so many times things useless except to use when working so I don't take my kooper anywhere really to get damaged

No. Tell them that you want a replacement. They do not normally repair vaporizers. They replace them under warranty.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
So called the shop teeing the owner have to wait till Friday cuz he's only Goin to be there till 2 today an I can't get there till 5 so have to go all week pretty much with this in stealth mode

That's not too bad though. If it is functioning properly as far as vaping and just the screen that is malfunctioning. At least they are willing to replace it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread