Need identifying if a Fake SONY VTC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadrbns

Nov 24, 2014
Michigan
hello guys! first post on ECF but have been reading this forum for about 6 months. gotta say i love the content. anyways, i want to get opinion on a SONY VTC4 i bought today from a local B&M store that looks fake to me.. the only thing thats a giveaway to me atleast is the QR code is alot more bold on this than my other two? did i get jipped?
IMG_1091.jpg IMG_1092.jpg IMG_1093.jpg IMG_1094.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have 2 each of VTC3, VTC4 and VTC5. All of the text on these batteries that is in line, is lined up straight. Looking at your second picture I see the text on yours is not straight.

The second line of text on yours says; 'G 1452544WI24N' as best as I can tell.

My VTC4's say; 'T C4A1XVJ10X'.

My VTC5's say; 'T C5A1XWG09X'. Under that it says; 'SONY 31'.

My VTC3's say; 'T C3A2XTH05K'.

Unless Sony has changed the way they mark their batteries, I suspect your batteries are fakes.

Last edited:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
It's very hard to identify fakes.

I have 3 VTC4s that I bought from VaporKings. All the reviews said they are authentic. A few days after buying them, they were out of stock and aren't even listed now. They look authentic but I don't know for sure. I'm tempted to tear the shrink wrap off to see what's under it but I don't have any to rewrap them.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Real Sony will not have a detectable /obvious seam in the wrap, the wrap on the real ones is usually thinner than the fakes & has a better fit & finish, the black ring around the positive end is uniform & centered, the bottom metal is smoother & more silver / shinier than the fakes if that makes sense.

Problem is the fake makers are getting better at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: largemarjj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread