Need new 18650 mod at low price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I love my KBOX. It's all I need. But I keep getting that darned 510-connector short and can't keep it running more than a few hours. I've tried everything, and am now running on my backup MVP2!

I want a better quality mod. Must use 18650 batts, have at least 40 watts power, and be better build quality than the KBOX. My budget is "CHEAP". I'd love to have one at the KBOX price, but maybe that won't happen.

Recommends?

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I like both of those options. Can anyone chime in with thoughts on either of them?
Thanks!
-Johntodd
ipv2: yihi chip, does kanthal up to 75w, titanium and nickel 50J, battery cover slides out, you can find them anywhere from 45 to 60
sigelei: in house chip, does kanthal up to 75w, nickel up to 75w as well i believe, not 100% sure but i assume it is since the manual or specs doesn't even specify it, not sure if titanium works, magnet battery cover on both sides, comes with silicone sleeve, its averaging around 70

both are good devices imo, sigelei probably has the better build quality

Reactions: Johntodd

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Considered it. I'd like longer batt life, but I also hear the KBOX isn't the most efficient user of electricity. I change batts every day, and twice a lot of time. But I vape all day long since I work at home. I can go for 4 hours without a vape and be fine.

Anywho, I'd have to buy 2 more batts and that may be a budget killer. Are there any duals out there in the Sig75 price range?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
ipv2: yihi chip, does kanthal up to 75w, titanium and nickel 50J, battery cover slides out, you can find them anywhere from 45 to 60
sigelei: in house chip, does kanthal up to 75w, nickel up to 75w as well i believe, not 100% sure but i assume it is since the manual or specs doesn't even specify it, not sure if titanium works, magnet battery cover on both sides, comes with silicone sleeve, its averaging around 70

both are good devices imo, sigelei probably has the better build quality
Actually Sigelei uses YiHi chips in their mods, but has the displays redone.
The IPV mini D2 uses the SX-130H, I'm suspecting the Sig75 uses this chip as well. Both companies are sister companies under Asmodus, so you can assume that their products are always going to be related in some way.
I'd go with the Sigelei 75w if you want to run a single 18650 mod. I've had both P4Y and Sig mods (Sig100, IPV Mini 30w, Sig50w Vr2) and have had better luck with Sigelei. I feel like it's the more well made of the two brands, as my IPV mini required a complete rework of the internal wiring to get the chip to read correctly.
If you want a dual 18650 mod, why not get an IPV4? They could be found for around $70-80 online if not cheaper.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Actually Sigelei uses YiHi chips in their mods, but has the displays redone.
The IPV mini D2 uses the SX-130H, I'm suspecting the Sig75 uses this chip as well. Both companies are sister companies under Asmodus, so you can assume that their products are always going to be related in some way.
I'd go with the Sigelei 75w if you want to run a single 18650 mod. I've had both P4Y and Sig mods (Sig100, IPV Mini 30w, Sig50w Vr2) and have had better luck with Sigelei. I feel like it's the more well made of the two brands, as my IPV mini required a complete rework of the internal wiring to get the chip to read correctly.
If you want a dual 18650 mod, why not get an IPV4? They could be found for around $70-80 online if not cheaper.
I wouldnt assume sigelei uses yihi chips if it doesnt even specify that they do, i think they are using their own chips... Doesnt make sense p4u can support three different wires and sigeleis only two if they are indeed using the same chips, this just points to p4u usinf yihi and sigelei using inhouse developed

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I wouldnt assume sigelei uses yihi chips if it doesnt even specify that they do, i think they are using their own chips... Doesnt make sense p4u can support three different wires and sigeleis only two if they are indeed using the same chips, this just points to p4u usinf yihi and sigelei using inhouse developed
Do the research.
Sigelei 30w Mini: YiHi sx130 (same as IPV 30w mini)
Sigelei 50w Vr2: YiHi sx330 50w
Sigelei 100w: YiHi sx330 v3
Sigelei 100w+: YiHi sx330 v3c
Sigelei 150w: YiHi sx330 v3s (same as the IPV3)
It's been known that Sigelei uses YiHi chips and claims they're in house. Look at the spec sheets for Sigelei & YiHi. You'll see.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Do the research.
Sigelei 30w Mini: YiHi sx130 (same as IPV 30w mini)
Sigelei 50w Vr2: YiHi sx330 50w
Sigelei 100w: YiHi sx330 v3
Sigelei 100w+: YiHi sx330 v3c
Sigelei 150w: YiHi sx330 v3s (same as the IPV3)
It's been known that Sigelei uses YiHi chips and claims they're in house. Look at the spec sheets for Sigelei & YiHi. You'll see.
Ur using what they have been using in the past to say "hey since they did it in the past they are doing it now too"

What im saying is u either show me some proof that current sigelei 75 tc and 150 tc are yihi chips or we can assume they are not ! Ill say one thing tho, the interface for sigelei 75tc and 150tc looks very similar to snow wolf 200 watt and looks nothing like what ipv4s, ipv3 li v2, sx mini m class are showing, and on top of that, sigelei 75 tc and 150tc doesnt even list their chips anymore on spec pages

josdanarm

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
I've been under the assumption sigelei produces the chips themselves. I could very easily b wrong though. I do however know the 150 is not accurate and understand for cheaper mods some variance is to b expected. I prefer my ipv3 li over the segelei but that is my opinion and by no means am I an authority in the matter. I chose it over the snow wolf just because of the pulse frequency modulation past the 150 mark. I get a smidge spastic over repetitive noises lol

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
OK, I've noticed that I vape at 25 watts more or less all the time.

What are your opinions of the Sigelei Mini 30?

Sigelei Mini 30W - Black Box Mod

I'm particulary concerned with that 510 connector. Don't want no stinkin' rubber thing down there to break from me changing heads on it. Unless I can easily repair it and it STAY repaired.

Thanks!
-Johntodd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread