Need opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
I've been vaping 2 years so much has changed and so many products out there I just needed some insight if you don't mind. My mom had cancer almost 2 years ago we both are survivors (thank god) she had mouth n throat cancer even tho she is cancer free now she still smokes. Her cancer and my sons asthma along with my health pushed me to stop smoking which was a success. I've begged my mom and stepdad to stop and try vaping because they smoke 2 to 3 packs a day. Anyways today my mom told me to find them both a setup they could learn and use. My mom is 67 she don't have a lot of patience so I was thinking maybe the istick 50 because you don't have to mess with the battery and maybe the triton or crown because its top fill it would be easier on her. She draws a small s/s check so trying to keep it in budget for her because I had to quiet my job due to my health and my husband becoming disabled. She wouldn't let me do a video of her to submit on sponsoring a smoker because the surgery on her cancer messed her speach up with all they had to cut out. Anyways any tips would be so greatly appreciated by anyone....,this is my mom and I on my 40th bday in may she is my bf and my god sent angel
_20151117_214741.JPG

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Congrats on the two years and good luck to your mom. The first item to successfully quitting is the choice to do so. She has tat covered so I believe she will become a winner with vaping.

First, I haven't had a smoke in two years and can honestly say that I have bought or at least tried a huge range of equipment. For me I find it s treat to build coils and rework my attys.

However my daily take to work set up has to be as simple as possible due to the time I am alloyed to vape at work. So, my daily driver was / is an MVP 3 30 watt with a nautilus - until recently changing over to the triton and two days ago the triton 2. The MVP is big in your hand, however it has an extremely large battery - great for care free vaping. The triton 2 is simply too easy to use, multiply coil choices, good air flow, easy to fill. However I still really like the triton 1 which I see on sale everywhere. I'll Probably buy another one.

I'm a mtl vaper, just like I smoked. Never smoked more than one cigarette at a time so I'm not into sub ohm stuff.

My opinion on eleaf stuff is to steer clear. This is based on my single purchase of the I stick 20. So ymmv.

Good luck to both of you.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Welcome, @Vapen_moma. I think it's great that your Mom and SD are about to become new vapers!
I think your reasons behind choosing the iStick 50W are good...It's a solid lil mod...easy to use and with enough mahs to last a heavy smokers...what ..maybe 2 days without a recharge??
...I also like the Crown for its top fill and ease of use.
The one issue I have is ..do you have a back up mod in mind for when the iStick needs charging??
...Yes..it is a vape-while-charging...but imo...in Real Life, charging and vaping doesn't always work out very good.
Innokin has a new starter set up out called the Endura. The battery is no different than any other ego type pen battery except that it IS 1000mah ....I can guess that you're thinking this isn't enough power, but hear me out,please. It's the T18 tank on this that really shines. I think you will agree that there's nothing in a starter kit with this kind of features.
The Tank uses a 1.5 ohm tank..that reminds me alot of the iClear30s's ...The flavor's s'possed to be pretty decent.
AND ..it's got an easy-swap coil like it's Big Sister the iSub G ...so you can SWAP the coil without having to dump all your juice..without getting your fingers covered with juice.
It is also Top Fill!
Together with the 1000 mah batt it's about 14W .....that's not bad considering my old ego 1300 and clearo only put out about 7W. You get an extra coil with the kit ...and a USB charging cable (not a big deal to find a wall adapter for it)....comes in 4 colors ..see below...so your Mom could get a nice blue or pink and your SD might prefer the stainless or black. Also comes with a plastic vape stand!
...all for around $30.
I'm so impressed with it, I plan on buying one just to have a grab-n-go no-hassle device for running errands and such.
My thoughts too, is that a no-fuss little starter kit like this will get them used to all the bells and whistles on the Crown ...so they won't get too overwhelmed. They really should have a back up mod ...since their battery going dead is often cited by new vapers as a reason for going back to smoking...
I've only been vaping since the New Year..but since it's been 2 years going for you (Congratz on that,btw;) ) ..you might not remember that first hit on a mod...and why most new vapers don't start right off on a sub-ohm...It's cuz they wanna hit it hard like they do the analogs..and end up about choking cuz they're not used to alot of vapor ...and even 18mg ...or more like 24 or 36mg starting off could taste pretty harsh throat hit wise ..so it's important to start them off right ...But there is a learning curve involved...as far as your Mom might need a different vaping inhale technique than your SD...one may do well on a mouth to lung..another direct lung ...
Your SD ..or your Mom! ...may just jump right in on the iStick 50W ..ya never know.......the thing is to not give up.
Best of Luck to you!
You might already know that there are alot of cool contests out there on our Forum..and alot of cool devices and juice to be won!;)
Endura.jpg

Last edited:

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
Congrats on the two years and good luck to your mom. The first item to successfully quitting is the choice to do so. She has tat covered so I believe she will become a winner with vaping.

First, I haven't had a smoke in two years and can honestly say that I have bought or at least tried a huge range of equipment. For me I find it s treat to build coils and rework my attys.

However my daily take to work set up has to be as simple as possible due to the time I am alloyed to vape at work. So, my daily driver was / is an MVP 3 30 watt with a nautilus - until recently changing over to the triton and two days ago the triton 2. The MVP is big in your hand, however it has an extremely large battery - great for care free vaping. The triton 2 is simply too easy to use, multiply coil choices, good air flow, easy to fill. However I still really like the triton 1 which I see on sale everywhere. I'll Probably buy another one.

I'm a mtl vaper, just like I smoked. Never smoked more than one cigarette at a time so I'm not into sub ohm stuff.

My opinion on eleaf stuff is to steer clear. This is based on my single purchase of the I stick 20. So ymmv.

Good luck to both of you.
Thank you for the advice much appreciated

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
Welcome, @Vapen_moma. I think it's great that your Mom and SD are about to become new vapers!
I think your reasons behind choosing the iStick 50W are good...It's a solid lil mod...easy to use and with enough mahs to last a heavy smokers...what ..maybe 2 days without a recharge??
The one issue I have is ..do you have a back up mod in mind for when the iStick needs charging??
...Yes..it is a vape-while-charging...but imo...in Real Life, charging and vaping doesn't always work out very good.
Innokin has a new starter set up out called the Endura. The battery is no different than any other ego type pen battery except that it IS 1000mah ....I can guess that you're thinking this isn't enough power, but hear me out,please. It's the T18 tank on this that really shines. I think you will agree that there's nothing in a starter kit with this kind of features.
The Tank uses a 1.5 ohm tank..that reminds me alot of the iClear30s's ...The flavor's s'possed to be pretty decent.
AND ..it's got an easy-swap coil like it's Big Sister the iSub G ...so you can SWAP the coil without having to dump all your juice..without getting your fingers covered with juice.
It is also Top Fill!
Together with the 1000 mah batt it's about 14W .....that's not bad considering my old ego 1300 and clearo only put out about 7W. You get an extra coil with the kit ...and a USB charging cable (not a big deal to find a wall adapter for it)....comes in 4 colors ..see below...so your Mom could get a nice blue or pink and your SD might prefer the stainless or black. Also comes with a plastic vape stand!
...all for around $30.
I'm so impressed with it, I plan on buying one just to have a grab-n-go no-hassle device for running errands and such.
My thoughts too, is that a no-fuss little starter kit like this will get them used to all the bells and whistles on the Crown ...so they won't get too overwhelmed. They really should have a back up mod ...since their battery going dead is often cited by new vapers as a reason for going back to smoking...
I've only been vaping since the New Year..but since it's been 2 years going for you (Congratz on that,btw;) ) ..you might not remember that first hit on a mod...and why most new vapers don't start right off on a sub-ohm...It's cuz they wanna hit it hard like they do the analogs..and end up about choking cuz they're not used to alot of vapor ...and even 18mg ...or more like 24 or 36mg starting off could taste pretty harsh throat hit wise ..so it's important to start them off right ...But there is a learning curve involved...as far as your Mom might need a different vaping inhale technique than your SD...one may do well on a mouth to lung..another direct lung ...
Your SD ..or your Mom! ...may just jump right in on the iStick 50W ..ya never know.......the thing is to not give up.
Best of Luck to you!
You might already know that there are alot of cool contests out there on our Forum..and alot of cool devices and juice to be won!;)
View attachment 507562
Thank you very much. Ooh I like these setups I will definitely look at them ..yeah I know they will need a backup I did. I thought I'd try get them one for Christmas as a surprise since they are buying their first setup. S/s don't go far so I'm helping as much as possible... I haven't entered but a couple on here but I will look at them ... I do enter several on IG but haven't won anything that would be suitable for them ... I've got an ego but I know my mom she will get frustrated so definitely gonna check out the ones in the pic you posted. Again thank you so much :)

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Another tank to think about that would go nicely with the iStick would be the GS Air. They're relatively inexpensive, and you can find them many places under $10.

There's a thread devoted to them here: Eleaf GS Air Fan. It's an enormous thread, but I suspect you could get a general sense of popular opinion from the first few pages.

If you haven't decided on where to buy them, you can always compare prices using vapecrawler.com.

Best of luck to you and your mother.
GS%20Air_06.jpg

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
Another tank to think about that would go nicely with the iStick would be the GS Air. They're relatively inexpensive, and you can find them many places under $10.

There's a thread devoted to them here: Eleaf GS Air Fan. It's an enormous thread, but I suspect you could get a general sense of popular opinion from the first few pages.

If you haven't decided on where to buy them, you can always compare prices using vapecrawler.com.

Best of luck to you and your mother.
GS%20Air_06.jpg
Thank you so much. I didn't think about this tank I've got the gs16 on my istick mini I'm so glad you mentioned this

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
It is also Top Fill!
...all for around $30.
Best of Luck to you!
View attachment 507562
Thank you so much for suggesting these I paused because I was unsure due to not seeing reviews I'm glad I did because a few days later several reviews came out. So I ordered 2 now my mom and stepdad will be vaping on these tomorrow yaaaayyy they just came in so excited to get them started thank you again love :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread