Need recommendation for not so sweet recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some flavors or recipes you are gravitating to?

Perhaps reducing the overall flavor percentage would help?

FA Nonna Cake comes to mind as a not sweet flavor as does TFA Anise.

Not Particularly. I've been vaping mainly fruit flavors in most case. I wouldn't mind trying out other flavor notes.

I'll check out the TFA Anise.

Unflavored.
Light sweetness from VG.

Never thought about just vaping just VG. Doesn't it get tiring (boring)?

Reactions: IDJoel

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I always have my unflavored base 25/75 7mg set up, along with another flavored setup to vape on.
    Seems to help, when the flavored gets to be too much for all day vaping.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I'm like @puffon. I keep a 180mL bottle of unflavored base, in my default ratio (40P/60V/5mg), mixed at all times. I probably vape on it 70-80% of the time. It is super quick to mix, doesn't require any aging, is the most inexpensive recipe I will ever make, and it is handy for mixing quick single flavor testers as needed.

It certainly doesn't "wow" me; but it is satisfying and gets the job done, and I haven't tired of it yet (more than a year of vaping). It works as well as flavored when I am not paying attention to what I am vaping. It doesn't seem to lend itself toward vapor's tongue (for me anyway). As an added bonus, since I have started vaping the unflavored, I have been able to reduce the total amount of flavoring I use in my flavored recipes, on average, by nearly half! By this reduction, plus not vaping flavored nearly as much in general; my flavor purchases have dropped dramatically.

If you haven't tried it; I strongly encourage you to do so. I admit that it is not for everyone; but for those who do like it, it meets a whole passel of needs!:D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I don't care for strong sweets or strong tobaccos or anything that I call Cloying and in your face. I'm with IDJoel. I keep 200ml to 300ml of unflavored around and use it to cut flavors that I don't like at standard percentages. That way I can create the mix that works from my DIY mixes on the fly. If I want a stronger vape I can always choose not to cut it.

I just squirt a little of the standard mix in a tank and fill the rest with unflavored. Sometimes, if it's something that I vape daily I create a separate bottle of the cut down mix once I have decided what the right ratio is.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Been trying lot of the popular mixes and it's getting overwhelmed with the sweet taste all day long.

anybody recommend any recipes mild sweetness or at least subtle sweetness?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

If some of the recipes you're mixing are calling for sweetener, try substituting Marshmallow in it's place @ the same %. That should help a bit. As others have suggested, you could try reducing the flavoring in the mix. A 10% reduction would likely be a good starting point. YMMV... Good luck & let us know how it works out for you. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread