Need recommendation /Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00nther

Jul 25, 2014
Texas
Good day all!

I'm looking for some recommendations on a new juice - in this quest for a new daily I've got a bit of a rant(at the end for those who don't care to read). My previous all-days were Nutz by Cosmic Fog and Lunchbox by Simply Southern. I like desserty, creamy flavors that have a lot of body. Fire away with your recommendations!

Now onto my rant - Both of the juices above are handled by the same parent company "Cosmic Fog". Nutz was discontinued(for whatever reason) unexpectedly and based on a recommendation from CF I tried out Lunchbox and absolutely loved it. Shortly after my first order I re-ordered and got a few bottles that had a really "off" flavor. I thought hey maybe I need to steep or something. Upon re-ordering the same thing happened about half of the bottles had the awful flavor. After reaching out several times I finally got someone on the phone and was advised of a "ingredient change" to satisfy FDA requirements. I completely understand this but what I don't understand is not letting the customers know. I am looking at about 15 bottles that are unusable and can't help but feel extreme frustration. Maybe I can only blame myself for continuously supporting a company that obviously could give a .... less about its customers, maybe its an industry thing. I don't know but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced this. /RANT

BTW thanks to anyone who takes the time to offer up a recommendation.

Reactions: Opinionated

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Nuts & Cream

This juice might be a good replacement for nutz. I got a sample pack from them. I don't recommend the blue razz berry, but the other flavors were all good. They aren't super high-quality, but they also are not super expensive. Pretty good overall of a fair price for testing, and a fair priced adv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don't have juices to recommend but I do recommend you trying your hand at diy. I've been mixing my juices for years now and not only is it much, much cheaper. You also have full control of everything in the juice. It seems a little daunting at first but it really isn't hard and once you get going it can actually be a fun new hobby. Tweaking flavors to get exactly what you want is quite fulfilling when you finally get a new ADV. I just hated looking at all the wasted money on juice bottles that tasted like garbage. When you mix your own you'll have the same bottles but it won't bother you as much because it is much cheaper and you can always add something to one of those bottles and maybe get a juice you like. Good luck, I hope you find something you enjoy.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Good day all!

I'm looking for some recommendations on a new juice - in this quest for a new daily I've got a bit of a rant(at the end for those who don't care to read). My previous all-days were Nutz by Cosmic Fog and Lunchbox by Simply Southern. I like desserty, creamy flavors that have a lot of body. Fire away with your recommendations!

Now onto my rant - Both of the juices above are handled by the same parent company "Cosmic Fog". Nutz was discontinued(for whatever reason) unexpectedly and based on a recommendation from CF I tried out Lunchbox and absolutely loved it. Shortly after my first order I re-ordered and got a few bottles that had a really "off" flavor. I thought hey maybe I need to steep or something. Upon re-ordering the same thing happened about half of the bottles had the awful flavor. After reaching out several times I finally got someone on the phone and was advised of a "ingredient change" to satisfy FDA requirements. I completely understand this but what I don't understand is not letting the customers know. I am looking at about 15 bottles that are unusable and can't help but feel extreme frustration. Maybe I can only blame myself for continuously supporting a company that obviously could give a .... less about its customers, maybe its an industry thing. I don't know but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced this. /RANT

BTW thanks to anyone who takes the time to offer up a recommendation.

This is honestly why I do business with the mom and pops, rather than the large distributors of e juice. The mom and pops tell you exactly what is going on, and have excellent customer service to boot, as a general rule.

I like Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids lovely store for e juice, and they mix to order. You can get dessert flavors that are simple or more complex, tobacco flavors and more.. plus their customer service is excellent.

Look into the various smaller outlets, you will find they are worth your time.

If you want to hear more from Heathers customers, here is our chit chat thread.. everyone there is just your average customer of Heathers with the exception of a couple people in that thread, you can ask us about different flavors, or what we all think of the company. Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylvie

g00nther

Jul 25, 2014
Texas
Nuts & Cream

This juice might be a good replacement for nutz. I got a sample pack from them. I don't recommend the blue razz berry, but the other flavors were all good. They aren't super high-quality, but they also are not super expensive. Pretty good overall of a fair price for testing, and a fair priced adv.

Thank you - will try it out

g00nther

Jul 25, 2014
Texas
This is honestly why I do business with the mom and pops, rather than the large distributors of e juice. The mom and pops tell you exactly what is going on, and have excellent customer service to boot, as a general rule.

I like Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids lovely store for e juice, and they mix to order. You can get dessert flavors that are simple or more complex, tobacco flavors and more.. plus their customer service is excellent.

Look into the various smaller outlets, you will find they are worth your time.

If you want to hear more from Heathers customers, here is our chit chat thread.. everyone there is just your average customer of Heathers with the exception of a couple people in that thread, you can ask us about different flavors, or what we all think of the company. Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Pretty slick - I'll have to look into it
I don't have juices to recommend but I do recommend you trying your hand at diy. I've been mixing my juices for years now and not only is it much, much cheaper. You also have full control of everything in the juice. It seems a little daunting at first but it really isn't hard and once you get going it can actually be a fun new hobby. Tweaking flavors to get exactly what you want is quite fulfilling when you finally get a new ADV. I just hated looking at all the wasted money on juice bottles that tasted like garbage. When you mix your own you'll have the same bottles but it won't bother you as much because it is much cheaper and you can always add something to one of those bottles and maybe get a juice you like. Good luck, I hope you find something you enjoy.

Can you recommend a site where I can purchase the materials?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
there are a ton of places. I get all my flavors now from real flavors but Bull City Flavors is a great shop that carries most any flavor you could want from the more popular recipes you may find here and on google. they even have a user created recipe page where you can order all the flavors to make a specific recipe. one stop diy shop is another good flavor supplier. essential depot is the most recommended for the pg/vg. wizard labs is a highly recommended one stop shop for flavors, vg/pg and nicotine. other nicotine shops would be nude nicotine, nicotine river, rts vapes and I am sure others will chime in with other suggestions. I have used nude nic, got some rts in the freezer and my freedom smokes but the latter I don't recommend due to too many hacks of customer credit card info over the years (thankfully after my purchases).

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Pretty slick - I'll have to look into it

I have price-checked the materials of all the major sites. I used to get my flavors straight from the flavor apprentice because the price savings really add up when you buy bulk and most diy sites either didn't sell large bottles of flavoring or their prices were crazy inflated. Recently I've found Nicotine River which sells both large sizes of flavoring and the nicotine base at a good price. Their nicotine base is great and they sell other flavorings from other companies than TFA. It may be cheaper at some other sites for smaller sizes which you would be looking for being you need to find a flavor that works for you but in bulk the best, least expensive place to get it is Nicotine River. Good luck in your search for that elusive ADV.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Thank you - will try it out
I'm interested to know how their raspberry créme Brulee tastes. If you try that one and it's good, let me know.

Also I purchase my flavorings from bullcity flavors and my nicotine from myfreedomsmokes.com

The only thing about diy is that it's likely to take a little bit of time to find a mix that will become your go to ADV. That's why I recommend seeing if that Nuts and Cream, or something else, can be a cheap ADV until you find a mix that works as your cheap to make ADV.

P.S.- just incase I haven't said it enough, ADV! LOL

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
For getting started with DIY, I'd highly recommend buying smaller quantities of the needed ingredients first...to find out if you even like doing DIY, before buying larger quantities of everything. You can get 120mL sizes and larger of PG, VG, and Nic Base, as well as small 8mL vials of flavorings (from a large variety of brands), and a few syringes with blunt needle tips...ALL from 1 place...Wizard Labs. If you do find out DIY is "working for you", then buy ingredients in larger quantities. You can also make the decision at that time...of whether you want to continue measuring the ingredients by volume (using syringes + blunt needle tips) or measuring them by weight (using a scale). I recommended starting with syringes and blunt needle tips because it's a much smaller investment to buy several of them...than to buy a proper scale for DIY, IF you find out that DIY isn't for you after trying it.

I'd also strongly recommend that you first find 3-5 recipes that you'd like to make, and then buy the flavorings specifically to make those recipes. Many who are new to DIY kind of do things backwards (buying a variety of flavorings just because they like those flavors in foods), and then they come to the ECF asking, "OK, I've got these flavorings (in a list they post). Can anyone tell me what I can make with them?" It's like loading your cart in a grocery store with random things you like...and then asking others to figure out what recipes you can make with it all. ;)

Places I use to buy ingredients in quantity for DIY, and I highly recommend them to others are:

Wizard Labs (for flavorings and nic base)

One Stop DIY Shop (for the well-known brands of flavorings like TFA, CAP, and others, and especially their own proprietary "One Stop Flavors" and "One Stop Blends" that are all-in-1 flavorings that you just add to your own PG, VG, and Nic base).

Heartland Vapes (for their nic base - clear, tasteless, and at a hard-to-beat price by the liter)

Nude Nicotine (for their nic base - they sell several different types, but cost is higher than many)

Bulk Apothecary (for their PG and VG by the gallon jugs - high quality USP products, and when they have a sale they're the lowest total price including S/H to your door)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread