Need recommendations for squonking + ss mesh setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
For my next purchase I've decided to get a squonker and atty for ss mesh. I'm pretty much in the dark here about what to get. I'd like both a regulated mod and a mechanical mod eventually that isn't going to break the bank, something more on the compact size. An atty with both flavorful MTL and airier settings would be nice as well, or perhaps, one of each. What do you guys think, I appreciate any input.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I would think you can wick just about any Dripper, or Bottom fed atty with stainless...... My only question is the affectivness of wicking with stainless, in a dripper you don't drip on. I would think you'd need some cotton or something on/in the deck to hold enough juice, create a pool, for the stainless to wick from. Also to prevent massive leakage

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
For my next purchase I've decided to get a squonker and atty for ss mesh. I'm pretty much in the dark here about what to get. I'd like both a regulated mod and a mechanical mod eventually that isn't going to break the bank, something more on the compact size. An atty with both flavorful MTL and airier settings would be nice as well, or perhaps, one of each. What do you guys think, I appreciate any input.

Origen V2 atty.
Works great with mesh, deep juice wells, bottom feed pins are available. Nice adjustable airflow.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
That looks perfect, thank you.

EDIT: Any reason to go for the V2 instead of the V3? I see the bottom feed pin works with both.

Honestly I've only owned the V2, (clone) and still use it often.

From the looks of it, the V3 has bigger airflow, deeper juice well ( no inner well walls) and nifty "cooling fins".

The basic design is the same.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I would think you can wick just about any Dripper, or Bottom fed atty with stainless...... My only question is the affectivness of wicking with stainless, in a dripper you don't drip on. I would think you'd need some cotton or something on/in the deck to hold enough juice, create a pool, for the stainless to wick from. Also to prevent massive leakage

Well I, burned my cotton, in the Hobo3 yesterday. Soo, I rolled up some stainless mess and stuck it in the coil instead of cotton. Dam this works pretty good, but I am getting the occasional hot hit. I think today I will build a coil for the stainless wick. Coil I have is offset, need a more centered coil.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
93, how's it holding up and does it discolor your juice?

I only left it in for a day. But it was clean over that time. No dicoloration. I removed the mesh, mainly because I wanted the coil on the side next to the air hole. But I couldn't figure out how to get the mesh in with it it hitting the pos post, and grounding. I don't really have a lot of building experience with mesh. It can be done. It seems to vape cleaner than cotton does. I will say I got more hot or dryish hits with the mesh. But it was a first time build in a new device, so IDK for sure.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I only left it in for a day. But it was clean over that time. No dicoloration. I removed the mesh, mainly because I wanted the coil on the side next to the air hole. But I couldn't figure out how to get the mesh in with it it hitting the pos post, and grounding. I don't really have a lot of building experience with mesh. It can be done. It seems to vape cleaner than cotton does. I will say I got more hot or dryish hits with the mesh. But it was a first time build in a new device, so IDK for sure.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've been looking to get into the Origen and I haven't seen much about the genny with squonkers.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Finally got everything I needed and got it set up yesterday with the help of a friend. Using 26g kanthal around 1.2 ohms, with 200 mesh rolled into a straw, single coil on Origen v3 (1 hole plugged). It's wicking great but I feel like I'm not getting the best flavor I could be. Using it on the smokeless owl/terminator (mech). Any recommendations for my next build on increasing flavor? Think I'll go with duals for sure but beyond that I'm not sure what to shoot for.

KuPB6Ig.jpg

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Finally got everything I needed and got it set up yesterday with the help of a friend. Using 26g kanthal around 1.2 ohms, with 200 mesh rolled into a straw, single coil on Origen v3 (1 hole plugged). It's wicking great but I feel like I'm not getting the best flavor I could be. Using it on the smokeless owl/terminator (mech). Any recommendations for my next build on increasing flavor? Think I'll go with duals for sure but beyond that I'm not sure what to shoot for.

KuPB6Ig.jpg

I would suggest the same OHM and/or at least using smaller wire.... I know a hotter faster coil works better in my Geni tanks with stainless. You know if say I like 28 1.3ohm with cotton, I need to run 29-30awg and 1.3ohm with the stainless for like vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread