need serious help with finding e-liquids (menthol vaper here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
hello everyone
I've been vaping for around 5 years(mtl/12W+-) and always with the same e-liquid;Fresh menthol 80pg from a french company, with which I'm really satisfied, but as i see all the people around having fun with so many brands and flavors, I'd really like to diversify,
but i can't manage to find other tastes that i like; they all feel 'heavy' and not pleasant(harsh vapor), make me cough a bit and hiccup and also gives me a bit of a head heck.
and i don't like their taste either.

i always buy from reputable companies.

to give an example: i got the 'five pawns' insigna series, and most of them were horrible for me,
the only ones that i could bare were the chocolate mint(but it lacked of mint for my taste)and the orange vanilla which IMO would have benefited from more orange(and freshness).

at first i thought it the vg/pg ratio,but then i got a few 60-70 pg fruit juices and still the same unpleasant experience,so i think i should concentrate on liquids with menthol in them.
that's what i gathered.

i would love to hear what you think about it(maybe persons with similar experience)and what liquids do you suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranC

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
I am simple guy. I use menthol crystals (bought for amazon) for my juice, nothing else.

It may be the flavoring that is bothering you. Try some unflavored menthol form a few companies, in different pg/vg ratios. When you find one you like, then try other flavors with the menthol form that vendor.
guys,i have no issues with menthol,i really like it,but that's what i have been vaping for the last 5 years,and with so many flavors on the market I'd really like diversify a bit and enjoy the variety like the rest of you,
but my issue is that all flavors(i have tested) besides menthol don't give me a pleasant vape.
+it feels a bit useless having so many tanks and mods just for one favor.
i managed to find a satisfying smoking alternative,but now I'd like to expand my vaping experience.

Not hard to DIY it.
I'm really starting to think about it more and more because of my problem finding liquids to my taste,
but that will involve a lot of money thrown out the window(until i nail it):
for example:
let's say i wanted to make an orange vanilla liquid;
i might have to buy many orange bases until i find the one that i like and taste natural,unlike a few juices i tasted that felt chemical.(the five pawns one is great IMO and also their vanilla taste exactly like a vanilla ice cream)
then the same goes for other flavors and for the pg/vg base.(because i suspect not all pg/vg bases are the same and have the same texture)
but as it looks ,that seems inevitable.

Reactions: stols001

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
So, even the same menthol you like gives you the problem with only a flavor other than menthol added to it? If that is the case, I would suspect that it is the flavorings and, you would have to do a lot of trial and error to see if there is a flavoring you can vape.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
So, even the same menthol you like gives you the problem with only a flavor other than menthol added to it? If that is the case, I would suspect that it is the flavorings and, you would have to do a lot of trial and error to see if there is a flavoring you can vape.
i guess there are many menthol variants,
the one i use is perfect for me,
any other flavor/taste isn't pleasant for me.

i might try mixed liquids from that same company i use, where they include that kind of menthol too.

Last edited:

Iv3shf

May 25, 2017
Italy/England
Looking at your post it really sounds you're ready for it and had enough of ready made e-juices.
You'll need to tailor make your own, start with two flavors, might start with menthol (buy the crystals, soak them in PG @10%, hot bath and shake, that's all there is to it!) with peach or orange it's a killer!!;)

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
Looking at your post it really sounds you're ready for it and had enough of ready made e-juices.
You'll need to tailor make your own, start with two flavors, might start with menthol (buy the crystals, soak them in PG @10%, hot bath and shake, that's all there is to it!) with peach or orange it's a killer!!;)
how are menthol crystals better than regular concentrate?
i just looked it up a bit;hope it won't cause trouble in customs.

the thing that holds me a bit with DIY, is that I'll probably have to buy many concentrated flavors just to find the right menthol(like in chewing gums,there are many variants of mints,and i don't like them all)and same for all other flavors;
i guess that some orange or vanilla is of better quality and tastes more natural than others.

but then,it might be still cheaper than keeping on buying pre-made liquids, try 2 ml of it and throw it away.

where can i find the best quality base pg/vg and flavors(naturally extracted?)price doesn't matter.

Iv3shf

May 25, 2017
Italy/England
A fair guess would be 10 times as much! Be carefull with pure crystal, don't sniff them to see how powerful they are, use gloves, handle them as hot peppers.
Shouldn't have any trouble in customs.
Crystals are the base then you add whatever you want and suite it to your taste, stronger weaker, whatever, start with low percentages, like 5 drops on a 10ml bottle.

PG/VG as long as they are USP grade and freshly made are fine (check the batch Nr/Date if possible) there's no better then the other.
Sometime VG might be slightly sweeter depends on manufacturer.

Last edited:

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    Sorry man had to reread your post. I've been vaping flavors with menthol for so long that it seems anything without it just doesn't hit that spot for me. I diy now and have many fruit mixes with menthol. I think what a lot of juices are missisng is that full bottom note that makes vaping satisfying. You might something with cream or cinnamon. Or if you like complex flavors tobacco juices and teas are good. Like you I've tried numerous brands, ended up having to diy.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2017
    Sorry man had to reread your post. I've been vaping flavors with menthol for so long that it seems anything without it just doesn't hit that spot for me. I diy now and have many fruit mixes with menthol. I think what a lot of juices are missisng is that full bottom note that makes vaping satisfying. You might something with cream or cinnamon. Or if you like complex flavors tobacco juices and teas are good. Like you I've tried numerous brands, ended up having to diy.
    yes, i feel the same,everything without mint lacks the freshness and satisfying feeling ,and they also feel harsh a make me feel a bit sick .
    i am hesitant about adding menthol to already made liquids because i think that if at the base ,those liquids doesn't fit me ,i wouldn't like to just cover it up with menthol just to make it bearable, i think it's like taking a food you don't like and is not good for you and cover it up with something you like just to make it pass.
    i guess i have no choice but DIY,(i saw there are freshness boosters and so on)
    the thing now is to find those good and natural aromas;
    because as i said before(for example) ; the orange and vanilla from five pawns are excellent,but I've tasted some orange flavors from other reputed companies that felt chemical/unnatural.

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread