Need some help picking a second device

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTLew81

Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Chicago Burbs
hi all,
I currently have an ego Aio. Like it well enough, but looking for a second, more fun device. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

Egrip 2- can use the same coils as my Aio, which is a plus. Like that it's pretty much an all in one, and the form factor looks cool.

Cuboid mini- also uses the same coils. Separate tank, but not a huge issue in my mind.

I've also looked at a Kbox with a Subtank mini. Would obviously use a different coil, which is a bit of a con. I'm about simplicity.

I'm also open to suggestions. I'm looking for a built in battery. Yes, I know....

So, looking at the units above, what would you choose? Thanks.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am not a fan of the AIO for many reasons.

What you should do is get a decent box mod & tank set-up and relegate the AIO to the back up.

(sorry...)

Anyway. The first eGrip was tragic. So are certain others on the market, as they are still using buyers as beta testers for some of this stuff. Some of the Kbox models are also complete junk too.

If you want to avoid have the bother of buying two types of coils, get a mod (anything you like) and use the Joyetech Cubis tank on it.

If you want a built in battery, the Coolfire 4 with the Cubis tank is just asking to be bought.
or an iStick 30w/40w.

There is no "con" in buying different coils.... I buy Eleaf, Kanger and Joyetech.

At the moment, the Cubis coils are the cheapest. I happen to think the SSOCC coils beat the Cubis coils, but that could be personal taste. The Subtanks and the Cubis are not actually direct competitors as the Cubis is no way as power oriented.

Reactions: DampMop

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks. Anything you really like about the Cooolfire 4? Also I see there are different versions of the cool fire. Which version do you suggest? Looks like a good option, topped with a cubis.

For me, I would be tempted by a model with 2 amp charging and probably the TC option.

I'm sorry about my last post; it's just so frustrating sometimes. A lot of mods have come and gone and some of the very worst were made by Joyetech. Some of these systems that are all-in-one have not made good vaping devices. Maybe Joyetech solved the numerous problems with the eGrip and maybe Kanger have fixed the leaking on the NeBox, but essentially a mod with a tank inbuilt just seem so daft to me. How are you supposed to clean it? What happens when something goes wrong with either the mod or the tank?
Maybe I'm old fashioned about this (or battle weary, especially with Joyetech) but i.m.o. keep the tanks and mod separate and ideally use independent batteries.

The MVP #2 was statistically one of the best mods ever made (for returns) and one might guess that lots of other Innokins are just as reliable. It seems a shame to thrown them away when used up.

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
Maybe Joyetech solved the numerous problems with the eGrip and maybe Kanger have fixed the leaking on the NeBox, but essentially a mod with a tank inbuilt just seem so daft to me. How are you supposed to clean it? What happens when something goes wrong with either the mod or the tank?
Maybe I'm old fashioned about this (or battle weary, especially with Joyetech) but i.m.o. keep the tanks and mod separate and ideally use independent batteries.

I was a bit skeptical on the AIO style myself but I've really liked the Plato. The best part about the eGrip II though is that you don't have to use the built in at all. It comes with a screw in piece that just makes it a normal mod that you can put any tank on which is pretty cool or you can use it in the more compact AIO function when desired. If it used an 18650 instead of lipo it would damn near be my perfect mod.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have the egrip v3 but am considering the newer version. However, it seems to me that it would just be a bigger AIO (but with variable wattage ability and an ability to use 510 devices). So I'm going to continue to use both the AIO and my older egrip as my out and about devices.

I also have the cubis tank which uses the same coils. I can use that tank on any of my various mods. It also has an rba head so you can rebuild it.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Sooner or later, if you vape for long enough, you'll realize that getting a mod that you can change the battery is a value in itself. You don't have to take it out, you can simply use it as a built-in, just that when the battery's life is done, you don't need to chuck the mod out... just get another battery for it.

And note that a LOT of the built-in, simply have the same batteries (18650) soldered into them.

But for "fun", sticking to the "mini" kits, will be very limited... but you might want to check the Eleaf Nano, iJust (mini) or Basic.

If you really want to step into the next level, the Eleaf Pico is a great "mini" but full kit.

After using several brands, (for example, I have an old Coolfire IV on my desk that I use with my drippers), some Kanger stuff (their later stuff have not fared well with a lot of users I've read), but I've gone with Eleaf hardware lately (a few of their mods and tanks) and no regrets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread