Status
Not open for further replies.

Noahfence

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
Uk
Hey all,

Haven't posted here in a long time.

I recently purchased some Blue dream by Vgod and it now tastes awful.
Having asked around, apparently they changed their recipe so now I have 240ml of the stuff sat here that I don't really like.

The old version used to burn a little bit, but I liked that! When I wanted a good strong throat hit, even though it's only 3mg, I would go to the Vgod blue dream.

Now it doesn't really taste of much.
I rewicked and have tried in several tanks but it's just not the same.

I was happy to buy it in large volume before, but now that (in my opinion) they have ruined it, I would like to have a go at cloning it.

Can anybody help me out with a recipe?

Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey all,

Haven't posted here in a long time.

I recently purchased some Blue dream by Vgod and it now tastes awful.
Having asked around, apparently they changed their recipe so now I have 240ml of the stuff sat here that I don't really like.

The old version used to burn a little bit, but I liked that! When I wanted a good strong throat hit, even though it's only 3mg, I would go to the Vgod blue dream.

I was happy to buy it in large volume before, but now that (in my opinion) they have ruined it, I would like to have a go at cloning it.

Can anybody help me out with a recipe?

Thanks!
Can you tell us what flavors are in it or what it taste like? I have never even heard of that juice.
:)

eta
Ok, just went and looked and found it. Take a small sample from your bottle and add a little sour to it. I think tfa sells it.
Or if you have the concentrated lemon from the store just add a drop or two to see if that doesn't help. But be sure to do it in a smaller quantity not the whole 236 bottle.
:)

Last edited:

Noahfence

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
Uk
'Sweet blueberries finished with refreshingly tart citrus, deliciously complementary flavors that are perfect for all-day vaping.'

Taken from the Vgod site.

I have used it in both 3mg and 0mg and both still had that harshness, 3 ever so slightly more but that'll be the nic.

Even in 0 I would still use it because it hit the spot.

The new stuff seems very smooth, which I'm sure some will love, but if I wanted smooth I would use a different Vgod flavour or a difference juice altogether.

Has anyone got any experience with citrus concentrates? (Best/worst) That's the one area I haven't got a clue!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Not sure what you want. If you think adding an enhancer to it will return it to that familiar taste, I rather doubt it.
Enhancers can sometimes:
intensify
compliment
accent
tone down
etc etc....
It all depends on what you want/like to do other than make it the same as before.
The old version used to burn a little bit, but I liked that!
For TH you could try a little:
Vinagar
Everclear (alcohol)
Some peppery nic
etc. etc.....
Better yet. you could try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in " DIY TH enhancers ".

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Sounds to me like the vendor changed there NIC supplier for a smoother NIC.
Could try increasing the nicotine content from 3 to 6mg. Using 100mg NIC won't dilute flavor much but should double throat hit if that's what your looking for. MFS NIC has decent throat hit.

Unflavored Nicotine

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Has anyone got any experience with citrus concentrates? (Best/worst) That's the one area I haven't got a clue!
If you are looking for citrus with throat hit; TPA/TFA Lemon Lime might be worth exploring. It has been a flavor I haven't been able to use successfully precisely because it has too much throat hit for me. It has a descent citrus bite with kind of a generic lemon-lime flavor profile and significant throat hit. Like @Sugar_and_Spice suggested; experiment with just a small portion of your vgod stash.

If it is just throat hit you are missing, then I second @BrotherBob 's suggestion of using pure grain alcohol, or any high proof neutral spirit (like vodka). A little will go a long way and shouldn't dilute the overall recipe too much. Again; make small test batches until you find what works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread