Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I suggest you get on Google and search for vape shops in your area and go visit a few. Most will allow you to sample their juices and you can explore flavors to see what you like and what you can tolerate. My second suggestion is to do a search here for threads that discuss vendors that provide sample packs. This is a fairly inexpensive way to try several different juices from various vendors without having to invest a lot of money on larger bottles.

You did not provide enough information about your juices, nic level, pg/vg, what else you have tried, for me to be more specific in my suggestions to you. Keep trying different juices. You will find something you will like.

To be safe, if you are having an allergic reaction with burning and swelling of your throat, you need to contact your doctor immediately. And stop vaping those juices.

You can also go to the Health section of the forums and there is a lot of information there. This may help you narrow down what the problem is. Good luck to you.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I noticed that I'm sensitive to Bud's blend,but 10forty and American blend both light green don't seem to bother me.
Anyway,any clues of what e-liquids may work better for me.I still haven't made a big dent in my bottles.

I had to stop using some other brands for I was just too sensitive to them,especially after I turned 50.After 50,I made a promise to myself I would quit real cigs when I turned 50,but I kept smoking both e-cigs and real ones back and forth.
My lungs,stomach would be on fire in mornings from real cigs,but I was at least a pack a day smoker,,acid reflux.I like pipe tobacco but after 8pm my throat and belly would be tore up.
Fruit of the desert does help,you can buy at Wally world,it made from Aloe Vere plant,but do check with your doctor.I think it was used by Indians that lived in deserts.It does help with more than just acid reflux,you might get some spring fever.:blush:

A fair number of people have unpleasant reactions to PG. A very few people have reactions to VG. If you happen to have some of either (or both) you might try vaping just a couple of drops of the unflavoured base liquid to see what happens. I believe that most of Mom and Pop's flavours are cut at a 50/50 ratio so it may be that you just need to cut the ratio more to one or the other--or you may need to go to "100%" one of them. Personally, I find that PG tends to dry out my mouth and throat and promote dehydration, but that 100% VG seems to "gimme the runes."

Also, the nicotine can have a strong effect. It is being absorbed into the body in a different manner and so can "behave" differently. I don't know what your nic level is, but you may try cutting it down a bit to see if that helps. I don't think it's very likely, but it's possible...

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I'm using 18mg and I was just getting ready to order some 10mg to lower nicotene level.I use 18mg in all my carts right now.I started with Halo's strongest strength until I discovered it was way too high,went to 18mg,then I cut it down I think to about 10-14mg.
I need to go down to maybe 10mg.Most of the green light liquid from Mom and Pops or clear doesn't bother me,but I still haven't put a big dent on all bottles.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I suggest you get on Google and search for vape shops in your area and go visit a few. Most will allow you to sample their juices and you can explore flavors to see what you like and what you can tolerate. My second suggestion is to do a search here for threads that discuss vendors that provide sample packs. This is a fairly inexpensive way to try several different juices from various vendors without having to invest a lot of money on larger bottles.

You did not provide enough information about your juices, nic level, pg/vg, what else you have tried, for me to be more specific in my suggestions to you. Keep trying different juices. You will find something you will like.

To be safe, if you are having an allergic reaction with burning and swelling of your throat, you need to contact your doctor immediately. And stop vaping those juices.

You can also go to the Health section of the forums and there is a lot of information there. This may help you narrow down what the problem is. Good luck to you.

Very nice THANKS:toast: How about contact the vendor to see if they can help you with any issues you may be having :)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I noticed that I'm sensitive to Bud's blend,but 10forty and American blend both light green don't seem to bother me.
Anyway,any clues of what e-liquids may work better for me.I still haven't made a big dent in my bottles.

Hi Robert what reactions are you having if they are bad then don't vape them it could be licorice even in small amounts that is doing it as both flavors you mention contain small amounts so don't vape them we also sell sample packs and i will make sure anything you order doe's not have that Ingredient but based on you post licorice could very well be the problem. I hope that helps some:) very few flavors we carry have licorice in them

Thanks Robert

email scuba - she can help - comments at momandpopvaporshop.com

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I used to really like Halo Tribecca,Torque and occasionally Freedom,but after 50 I started getting reactions.I'm glutten sensitive,have a case of acid reflux,it's been treated.
Please keep in mind,Halo worked good,had a good taste,so in no way am I saying
Halo is not a good product.Due to my age and body chemistry,there are many items food,high in sugars I just stay away from.I'm not diabetic,but I use sugar with respect.It's a treat for me,maybe after a big meal,holidays,or a soda pop once a week,Root beer or Diet Dr. Pepper works very well,Diet Dr Pepper does have a jolt to it.Caffiene??
When I dropped to equal amounts of (18+8)mg/2= 26/2mg=13mg it got much better but the darker oils may have.
I can't send messages,but my pop-up blockers/tracking cookies are set to highest levels,plus I just don't have time to mess with every setting in all the forums I use,but it's raining very good today,so I may adjust settings on forum.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I'm using 18mg and I was just getting ready to order some 10mg to lower nicotene level.I use 18mg in all my carts right now.I started with Halo's strongest strength until I discovered it was way too high,went to 18mg,then I cut it down I think to about 10-14mg.
I need to go down to maybe 10mg.Most of the green light liquid from Mom and Pops or clear doesn't bother me,but I still haven't put a big dent on all bottles.

It sounds like you've "played" with your nicotine level enough to know if that was issue.

I'd like to try the same blend,but one using VG and the other is it PG?

That would be an obvious step. Also, P0P brings up a good point about the licorice--licorice is an irritant for a lot of people--so you might want to see if you can get a sample with everything the same except for the licorice. It seems especially likely since I believe the vast majority of Mom and Pop's flavours are mixed to the same VG/PG ratio, so if some of their juices work and others don't it's more likely to be a flavour-specific ingredient than a base ingredient.

Part of my problem may be just slowing down and using a lower amount of nicotene.Going up may be easier than going down.
I may need to give a few threads a good reading.

Yes. Be sure you have some time, though, because there are a LOT of threads about VG, PG and the comparisons and contrasts and benefits and drawbacks of each. There seem to be a fair number of chemists on ECF and an even greater number of scientists who can critically read and interpret scientific studies. I'm inclined to believe there is more analysis of PG and VG here than there is on food and food additive forums...

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
Even though I used Ego 510's off and on for several years,I did gave some good 3-6 months,the APV's do work rather well and it's a whole different learning curve.
Where are there some good videos on cart care,my cart wasn't tasting so good so I put a drop or two of distilled water when it was empty,out came two small black pieces,I think they were equal in size but I spit them out.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I'm going to order some Dragon breath in 10 and 18mg.I may try two small bottles in pure VG or PG,just in case.
I do like to big tanks but the subs I like also.
I looked at the Bandit Tank.
Is the Bandit more advanced than the sub tanks?

In a sense, yes. The Sub tanks are simply containers that wrap around a cartomizer and increase their capacity, whereas the Bandit tanks are more of an "expanded capacity" clearomizer with replaceable head units (the coil and wick). The construction of the Sub tanks is simpler, and if you are used to cartomizers the Sub tanks are just kind of "slip on and continue," so in that (those?) sense(s) the Bandit is more advanced.

On the other hand, approaching either as a "new user," the Sub tanks can be messy and inconvenient to change out the cartomizer once it goes bad, whereas the head unit on the Bandit is merely a "pop out and replace" operation. Also, it can be much easier to refill the Bandit tanks since a syringe is not needed. So from a useability standpoint it could be argued that the Bandits are less "advanced."

Regarding technology and manufacture: Bandit more advanced.
Regarding refill and head replacement: Sub more "advanced"
Which is better? That depends on personal opinion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread