Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2clouds

Jul 23, 2017
I recently got a new vape, the Kangertech kbox mini c, it was working great for the first few weeks but after changing my coil i get really harsh burning in my throat. It tastes fine, I'm at 45 Watts and don't know the ohms of the coil and checking it would require me to completly take off my tank, i did ask the person at the shop if this was the right coil for my vape tho. The coil says it goes up to 60w and my vape only goes to 50 anyways. After hitting a few times the burning goes away so do i just need to blow into a few times to warm it up? Lower the watts? Or could it be a bad coil? I did prime it before putting it in and wasn't having an issue with it before changing the coil. Any help would be appreciated, this is my first time useing a vaping forum and my first post so sorry if i'm useing the wrong section or etiquette.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Kbox range tanks (in the newest kits) are 'Toptanks' and use SSOCC coils.
I doubt any of those coils can really do 60w, not unless you get really lucky.
They have been known to burn out quick on a fresh Subvod battery and that is only 35 watts.
There are lots of threads across all the forums and reddit about the optimum watts.
Good luck. :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
First of all, why did you replace the first coil?

Second, you say "I did prime it before putting it in and wasn't having an issue with it before changing the coil." Did you prime the second coil before using it?

If the old coil was ok, take the new one out and put the old one back in. Prime it, fill the tank, close the tank and then let the tank sit, right-side up, for about 20 minutes.

Then take some un-powered draws on the device with the airflow closed.

Then start at 17-20 watts and take a few draws. Then slowly move up in wattage until it tastes right. You should end up somewhere below 45 watts for that device. The OCC coils are NOT good to 60. Even 45 is pushing it, and that's with runny juice, wide open airflow and perfect technique.

Reactions: djsvapour

New2clouds

Jul 23, 2017
First of all, why did you replace the first coil?

Second, you say "I did prime it before putting it in and wasn't having an issue with it before changing the coil." Did you prime the second coil before using it?

If the old coil was ok, take the new one out and put the old one back in. Prime it, fill the tank, close the tank and then let the tank sit, right-side up, for about 20 minutes.

Then take some un-powered draws on the device with the airflow closed.

Then start at 17-20 watts and take a few draws. Then slowly move up in wattage until it tastes right. You should end up somewhere below 45 watts for that device. The OCC coils are NOT good to 60. Even 45 is pushing it, and that's with runny juice, wide open airflow and perfect technique.
I replaced the first coil because it was burnt out, when i said i didn't have an issue with it i meant burning my throat.

Second yes i did prime the first coil before useing it. When i primed my current one i dripped juice in until the cotten stopped soaking it up. I put it in, filled the tank and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Although after that i started useing it as normal so that may have been my issue. From now on i'll start taking unpowered hits and slowly climb the watts, thanks for the advice. As of now i found a semi solution of taking short hits and then taking full ones, that seems to stop burning my throat. I'll probably lower the wattage to around 30-35 and hopefully that will completely solve me issue.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I had that problem when I started took me six coils to get it right so don't feel bad. It really sounds like you are getting dry hits I think lowering your wattage to 30-35.

For priming my coil I pop the fresh one in close the air flow and suck a few times then let it sit for about 10 minutes, and it works just fine. At any rate, welcome to the forum.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently got a new vape, the Kangertech kbox mini c, it was working great for the first few weeks but after changing my coil i get really harsh burning in my throat. It tastes fine, I'm at 45 Watts and don't know the ohms of the coil and checking it would require me to completly take off my tank, i did ask the person at the shop if this was the right coil for my vape tho. The coil says it goes up to 60w and my vape only goes to 50 anyways. After hitting a few times the burning goes away so do i just need to blow into a few times to warm it up? Lower the watts? Or could it be a bad coil? I did prime it before putting it in and wasn't having an issue with it before changing the coil. Any help would be appreciated, this is my first time useing a vaping forum and my first post so sorry if i'm useing the wrong section or etiquette.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could look through these and you might catch the problem. So many variables it's hard to put a finger on them. Higher ohm coils can be more forgiving.
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are lots of variables, the first being that you really are runing that tank higher than maybe you should be. Also, you talk about a 'burning" sensation in your throat, that could be too high wattage and too high nic, depending on how your using it. If I chain vape on a DL device I will get a burning sensation in my throat if my nicotine is too high, fairly quickly. So you could def start with wattage while reading B Bob's list of threads, which are usually extremely helpful. :)

Good luck solving your problem and getting back to your regular vaping experience!

Anna

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I replaced the first coil because it was burnt out, when i said i didn't have an issue with it i meant burning my throat.

Second yes i did prime the first coil before useing it. When i primed my current one i dripped juice in until the cotten stopped soaking it up. I put it in, filled the tank and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Although after that i started useing it as normal so that may have been my issue. From now on i'll start taking unpowered hits and slowly climb the watts, thanks for the advice. As of now i found a semi solution of taking short hits and then taking full ones, that seems to stop burning my throat. I'll probably lower the wattage to around 30-35 and hopefully that will completely solve me issue.
How'd that work out for you? You shouldn't need more then 50w on any small coils so your set unless you want a TFV8 or something bigger, even the baby TFV8's will be fine aroud 45w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread