Need some RDA and RTA recommendations, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hey everyone.

I'm doing an upgrade so I'm looking to get for a few new RDAs and an RTA to use on a sigelei 150 and SMPL mod. I'm gonna be picking up a Kennedy and Doge v2 clones from fasttech, and was hoping to get a recommendation on a top flavor chasing RDA, as well as an RTA that can handle sub ohm and work on the sigelei, hopefully with big airflow.

Right now I use a Mutation Xv2 clone on a SMPL copper clone, which I love. I don't care much for the flavor RDA to chuck clouds as long as it can take some high watts and/or low ohms. I'd prefer the RTA to perform as close to something like the Mutation Xv2 if possible in terms of airflow, but it can be a bit more restricted.

Thanks in advance!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hey everyone.

I'm doing an upgrade so I'm looking to get for a few new RDAs and an RTA to use on a Sigelei 150 and SMPL mod. I'm gonna be picking up a Kennedy and Doge v2 clones from fasttech, and was hoping to get a recommendation on a top flavor chasing RDA, as well as an RTA that can handle sub ohm and work on the Sigelei, hopefully with big airflow.

Right now I use a Mutation Xv2 clone on a SMPL copper clone, which I love. I don't care much for the flavor RDA to chuck clouds as long as it can take some high watts and/or low ohms. I'd prefer the RTA to perform as close to something like the Mutation Xv2 if possible in terms of airflow, but it can be a bit more restricted.

Thanks in advance!
Since you're ordering from FT anyway , why not kill two birds with one stone and order the Aqua V2 OTM . It's everything you're looking for rolled into one , RDA & RTA , it excels at both . $35.31 OTM Aqua V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: roxynoodle

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the recommendations. How does the Aqua V2 handle sub ohm? My usual build is around .25, and I'm picking up my Sigelei 150w at the post office tomorrow. I'm wondering if it can do .25 or go up to around 100w. I was very interested in the new Youde Goliath but I was told on it's thread that it doesn't have the space for the coils to handle that power. I read on reddit of someone using the Goliath at .27 though so it's kind of confusing.

Thanks for recommending the Derringer. I got a clone in my cart and it makes me feel more comfortable about getting it. The Aqua V2 sounds good. How is it for clouds and with max VG juice?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Based on recommendations and a ton of reading, I'm getting a Squape Reloaded clone for an RTA.

5.2ml capacity, can handle down to a .3ohm build, adjustable airflow via ring instead of a screw, and you can remove the deck without emptying the tank. Pretty much everyone who has one says it's easy to work on and has great flavor.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks for the recommendations. How does the Aqua V2 handle sub ohm? My usual build is around .25, and I'm picking up my Sigelei 150w at the post office tomorrow. I'm wondering if it can do .25 or go up to around 100w. I was very interested in the new Youde Goliath but I was told on it's thread that it doesn't have the space for the coils to handle that power. I read on reddit of someone using the Goliath at .27 though so it's kind of confusing.

Thanks for recommending the Derringer. I got a clone in my cart and it makes me feel more comfortable about getting it. The Aqua V2 sounds good. How is it for clouds and with max VG juice?
You can definitely blow some clouds with the Aqua V2 in RDA mode , you have undercoil airflow and adjustable cyclops slits on the side for plenty of airflow . I run mine with a .3 ohm dual coil setup in RTA mode and the vapor is dense with intense flavor . The OTM version is made from 316 stainless steel and it's dam near perfect in regards to quality . I think it's one of the best atty's available in regards to capability .

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll be picking up a Derringer soon along with a Kennedy and Doge v2 clones. I was wondering though, are there any RTAs than can take somewhere around 100w? Every RTA I see seems to have a limit of 50w and my usual vape is at 60-75 watts.

I was told on another thread the Cthulu RTA can only take 50w but the Smog website actually says it can do 50w+ easily. Anyone have any idea how far it can go? Kind of afraid of buying a tank that won't be able to handle my usual wattage and break.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Its best to consider RTAs to be different from some RDAs :). Something like a Doge has a huge amount of air and isn't using a chimney. Admittedly, I don't super subohm, but I find 50W to be plenty for an RTA. I like my Aqua v2 built to 0.7, lol! The flavor is fantastic to me there and I don't blow through juice too fast :)

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
That makes sense. It seems the Cthulu is the best pick for me since it says 50+ easily. If I can take it to 60 I can find a good vape there no problem. I think now that I have 150 watts to play with it's a bit harder to settle on something, but I've been using it for a while now so it's easier to figure it out.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, really appreciate it.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I been looking at the goliath liking the juice shut off to pull the deck out and those juice channels look massive theres a few reviews out there. I havent had much luck with clones especially the ehpro ones choppiest threads ever and i have an atomic from them where one post hole is so far out of line its like they have a blind guy on qc if there even is a qc department there. Just my 2 cents on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread