Need some suggestions about my setup and gurgling...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by DarkDezyre, Jun 17, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Hi all, just joined and from what i saw, i`m gonna love this place ;)

Started vaping about 2 months ago, switched from 2 packs of Marlboro a day to just vaping and no cigs and it`s great... been using Eleaf Istick Power mod with Aspire Cleito tank and it`s great. but, needed another rig for work and to try other liquids...

Bought:
    Smok Alien kit - Alien 220 mod and TFV8 Baby tank
    Amigo Riptide Top Fill tank ( bought this because of the metal casing over the glass, afraid of breaking glass while working... )

so i put the baby tank aside and assembled riptide first without any juice or such just to see how it`s put together for future and all that. then took apart and put all together along with the mod.

here are my questions and problems:
    - when i tried to prime the amigo coil, it didn`t soak up at all through the small holes on sides, so i just added 2-3 drops from the top straight onto cotton. are those sides not supposed to soak up e-juice on this coil? it soaked up through sides later when i filled the tank and closed the filling gap.

- all was set up and i let it stand for 15-20 minutes before trying out, and when i tried to vape, i got quite a bit of juice in my mouth. ( i had tightened everything when assembling, so i doubt there are leaks! )
    took the tank off the mod and blew out all leaked juice in sink. put tank back on mod and fired it up, now, with 2/3 of airway open i get a decent vape, but, with half open ( my prefered set ) i can hear a bit of gurgling or such. no juice in mouth, just the sound, is that ok, or can i fix it?

thanks for help in advance ;)

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Is it gurgling without firing? or does it only gurgle when fired?

cheers
    I

3. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    It vapes normally, no problem, just slight gurgle

4. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Could be a bad seal so the vacuum isn't perfect, could be your liquid is too thin for that coil and is wicking too fast, could be that your wattage is set too low.

What coils are you using?... the coil's seals might be the problem.

Izan likes this.
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Does it gurgle if you draw without firing?

Could the "gurgle" just be the juice being vaporized?

That tank may need more airflow to counter the spurting/gurgling.
    Is your draw technique similar to the video at 17 seconds?

Cheers
    I

6. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    i`m using amigo coil .3omh 15-100W and i have my alien mod set to 50W

7. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    just gurgles a bit when i inhale... could be that it is louder... i haven`t heard the gurgling on my other setup.
    but as the guy in vid said, this is a louder tank. and yeah, i vape similarly to the video guy... about 2-5 sec inhale length.
    maybe i just got used to aspire and this is a different manufacturer...

Izan likes this.
  8. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    A bit of gurgle isn't that bad, but not really "normal", it means that too much liquid is on the coil and just wicking too much.

But if it's getting into your mouth and the tank actually leaks, then it's a problem...

If the coil is new, if you vape for a little while it might correct itself, if it doesn't you might need to take the tank apart and check all the seals to ensure that they are on right.

Tonee N likes this.
  9. Oomee

Oomee Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    UK
    A bit of a shot in the dark, assembling a tank without juice... could be a damaged o ring, juice is the lube of your tank etc.

10. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    ok, thanks a lot... actually, vaping more has lessened the gurgling, but it`s not yet totally gone...

any thoughts on my other question about the the side openings on the coil?

11. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Maybe you should run it higher than 50w.
    What convinced you to buy it? Seems an unusual choice.

12. DarkDezyre

DarkDezyre Full Member

Jun 17, 2017
    i work as a carpenter, and been afraid of breaking the glass tank i used... so, i looked at what was available, this looked nice, with the metal covering. and i don`t like those that fully cover the tank so that i can`t see how much juice i have left.

djsvapour likes this.
  13. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Fair enough. :thumb:
    In all seriousness though, some designs of coils will require more power than the lower end of the recommended watt range. Often there's some experimentation needed to find the best power.
    It certainly wouldn't work down on 15w for example (are they really suggesting this? :eek: ) .. it would barely vape and almost certainly be liable to flooding.

14. Smoke_too_much

Smoke_too_much Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2016
    Hi Dark & welcome
    It is normal to drip the juice into the end of the coil after screwing it into the base and before assembling the tank. I usually drip until I see the cotton in those side holes become saturated, then I assembly and fill the tank. Then wait 10 to 20 minutes before trying it on a low power setting.

Some coils will wick more juice than others and sitting for any length of time usually ends up with excess juice. With a flooded coil you can always blow through it forcibly while hitting the fire button. It's a good temporary fix as long as it doesn't keep flooding while you're vaping with it.

As Imafallenangel said make sure the seals are effective either end of the coil and that a certain amount of gurgling is not unusual. Try a higher power setting as that often reduces the gurgle.

Tonee N likes this.
  15. Oomee

Oomee Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    UK
    I have a tank with side airholes (bellus), it only gurgles after filling but will persist to gurgle if left.
    I just blow it out, a little kitchen roll at the air-intake and a quick sharp blow through driptip gets rid of the juice.

16. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    The information below can help with tank problems.
    Might like to read:
    Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
    Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
    Always wondered what causes crackling/popping during vaping

Tonee N likes this.
  17. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    Being a new vaper, I suspect you are vaping like you smoked - that means drawing too hard for the airflow setting of your mod. Either restrict air flow or, draw lightly and slowly to avoid bulling more juice than it can vaporize into the coil at once.

Tonee N likes this.