Need something relatively comparable to Marlboro Menthol (green pack).

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I have been doing a lot of searching on ECF and asking around about this, I have found and gotten a few good suggestions, but I figure I could create a thread to get even more feedback. I am new to ecigs and am trying to get off analogs, I do not have a lot of money so for me even trying various samplers over various vendors is a bit too pricey (a few dollars here and there starts to really add up quickly). The more I can narrow down something as close as possible to a Marlboro Menthol green pack, the better.

I realize there is no e-liquid out there that can directly compare to an analog in taste, but I just need something close enough to subdue the cravings.

I would greatly appreciate anybody's feedback, but of course it would be ideal if somebody who was an ex-smoker of MM green packs could chime in and let me know what they have found that works for them.

Basically what I am looking for is a light/medium menthol (not overpowering, but enough to feel the cooling effect) and a mellow, but full flavored, tobacco base. I do not want anything that is minty or sweet, as that is more of a MM blue pack trait than a MM green pack trait. I was never fond of the minty/sweet the blue packs had and always went back to my green packs.

Here is what I have tried and currently am going to try (samples on order).

Green Smoke Menthol Ice - This is definitely a blue pack type of flavor, minty and sweet with a touch of menthol. It's not horrible and actually fairly tasty, it just doesn't taste at all like my green pack (and GS's cartos are grossly overpriced). Amazing TH though, actually more potent than my analogs (burning sensation wise, not menthol coolness wise).

Liberty Flights Menthol Blend - This is claimed to be a tobacco/menthol blend, however I was unbelievably let down by its flavor and smell. The menthol is pretty much non-existent, it smells like an old sour ashtray, and tastes slightly sweet and almost fruity in a chemical way (not a good mix with a old sour ashtray tobacco flavor IMO). The TH is also extremely weak, and its 100% PG at 18mg nic. I will likely never touch this e-juice again as the smell and taste are quite disgusting and offensive to me now. Perhaps if I let it steep for a long while it will get better.

On order:

Puresmoker Silver Leaf Menthol (SLM) - I currently have this on order, hopefully it will arrive sometime this week. This particular flavor has gotten good reviews in terms of tasting very closely to an analog menthol, the only thing that worries me is that they claim it has a touch of sweetness.

Puresmoker Minthia - I figure I could try a basic menthol non-tobacco to see if that is what I am craving the most, worst case scenario I can mix it to a tobacco base to get the desired results.

Puresmoker Peachy Menthol - I just couldn't resist, obviously not going to be like my MM green pack, but I wanted to try a slightly exotic flavor that didn't have a tobacco base to it to see if I could all-day-vape it. And if the menthol is what I desire most from my analog menthol's, then this could work.

BlueMist Robacco Menthol - So far this one seem the most promising from what I read, just tobacco and menthol, no sweet, no mint (I hope). I have also read a few on ECF claim it to be similar to a MM green pack, so it's worth a try. I ordered this with the standard flavoring and the enhanced flavoring to see which one I like better. BM has some amazing prices though, so I hope this is the one that works because it's so stinking cheap!

Other potential menthol tobacco flavoring I am considering would be from BWB and Vaporbomb, but at this point I have ordered enough and really shouldn't order anymore unless I am more certain.

So please chime in and share any information you can about this topic, as I really do want to get off my analogs because not only is it infinitely better for my health, but it will also save me some money as well (as long as I don't go nuts buying new PV's and tons of different flavorings :D).

Oh and for the record I am currently vaping with a Joye 510 setup, standard batts (autos, kinda wished I had gotten manual instead), a standard atty with a cart modified for the ADM (works amazing well!). I'm sure I will move onto something better eventually, but as I pointed out before I am on a severely tight budget so this has to work for the time being.

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions! :)

Titan Vapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
NC
youtu.be
Thanks swedishfish, I will check those out.

And kind of funny about the Newport beach one, you think it would be imitating a Newport, but the picture on TV shows a pack of MM green, lol. Seems like a good sign though, I will research further.

It is more of a cross between the two, we have to be careful how we market as to not upset the big dogs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread