need sub ohm vaping advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

towncarblue

Apr 19, 2013
United States
im mainly a MTL vaper. nautilus only for mtl.
my coolfire 4 came with a isub g dtl . i enjoy vaping on it every other day. i vape at 25-30w
{ i dont like my vape too hot/ newbee lungs }
im interested in getting the best sub ohm tank for flavor, i dont care for huge clouds.
i have a innokin mvp 3 pro 60w, coolfire 4 40w , coolfire 4 plus 60w. not looking to buy another mod till one of these break.

so far ive been looking at the uwell crown 2 but i have no idea what wattage it works at ,
what is the best coil for flavor etc..? all the reviews are about clouds
ive been doing some research but alot of stuff is outdated or does not apply to me.
with new and improved tanks coming out every month its hard to keep up.
what is the best setup for dtl flavor vaping ?
also what is a good dripper thats not too expensive ? {been wanting one to try out flavors without having to drain the nautilus all the time }

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
For an inexpensive RDA that would be easy to build on, try the clone Derringer V3. It has a velocity style deck.

Also, if you're willing to build an RDA, why not skip the prebuilt coil heads and Sub-ohm tanks and get an RTA?
Like a Kayfun, Orchid, Goblin Mini, Silverplay Nano.

All of them are great. The Kayfun uses a single coil. The rest are dual coil attys.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
im sorry for not posting it but i am not interested in building my own coils. i know i have technical expertise to do it but im just not intereted in trial and error and taking the time to do it. id rather buy pre built coils. so these questions apply only to pre built coils
Thats your choice and you made it.

What are you going to do if the deeming regulations are allowed to stand and in less than 2 years; 99% of vaping products go bye bye.

I prepped have buildable attys DIY my ejuice.

I did what i could to make those Bureaucrats irrelevant.

towncarblue

Apr 19, 2013
United States
ohhh .. i had no idea that drippers are rebuildables only. ill probably read a few DIY's andtry to make em in a few months. i saw a aspire quad flex and just assumed they were pre-built rda's
im not too worried about federal regulations, companies enjoy money so they will adapt or find loopholes.

also i know that sub ohm tanks are not for mtl. sometimes i like to enjoy a direct to lung vape.

Reactions: MMW

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I think you would find the crowns to require quite a bit of power +40 watts to get something solid out of it. I own the original crown and those coils require a good bit of power to get them going: great flavor, drinks the juice. I have no experience with the crown II. Honestly vaping is such a subjective thing. The thing some love others find unbearable. For example: my crown tank is retired not because it didn't work but because it wasn't what I prefer. The "good" news is, thanks to our "friends" in the FDA there won't be any new tanks coming to market, so you have plenty of time to try tanks (2018). I would ask yourself what you're must haves are and find a sub ohm tank that fits that.

For example: i cannot stand leaking, I don't want to vape higher than 30-35 watts, and though I DL, I chase flavor much more than clouds, so I research tanks that fit those categories, has overwhelming positive consumer reviews, and has high quality coil options.

I also never rush to purchase anything in vape land. I have been researching the Freemax Starr Pure for many weeks because it fits my "must haves". I do the same with mods.

My advice is to read up. There are many many quality tanks out there, the one that is right for you is out there.

I understand not wanting to build, I currently don't build either, but thanks to the FDA I have RBAs for some of my tanks and am also looking at RTAs as well. Better to have and not need I always say.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Honestly unpopular opinion here but if you want something that doesn't require +60w to get a good vape out of, I would go with something like a Kanger Toptank (Like I said, unpopular opinion). I had a subtank mini, and then when the toptank came out, I got that and I love them both. The toptank apparently has a leak issue but I've never experienced that myself. It's great for prebuilt coils and if you ever look into building your own coils, it has an rba. I myself use the toptank with the 0.5 coil for going out and about, it's not massive on the clouds and I can run it at around 30w.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Honestly unpopular opinion here but if you want something that doesn't require +60w to get a good vape out of, I would go with something like a Kanger Toptank (Like I said, unpopular opinion). I had a subtank mini, and then when the toptank came out, I got that and I love them both. The toptank apparently has a leak issue but I've never experienced that myself. It's great for prebuilt coils and if you ever look into building your own coils, it has an rba. I myself use the toptank with the 0.5 coil for going out and about, it's not massive on the clouds and I can run it at around 30w.
Hey nothing unpopular about that suggestion, I bet if we took a poll 70-80% would say they vape or have vaped the classic subtank mini or the toptank. And you are spot on about the coil options, rba option and the wattage range.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Second the top tank mini.

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
my coolfire 4 came with a isub g dtl . i enjoy vaping on it every other day. i vape at 25-30w
im interested in getting the best sub ohm tank for flavor, i dont care for huge clouds.
i have a innokin mvp 3 pro 60w, coolfire 4 40w , coolfire 4 plus 60w. not looking to buy another mod till one of these break.

so far ive been looking at the uwell crown 2 but i have no idea what wattage it works at ,
ive been doing some research but alot of stuff is outdated or does not apply to me.
also what is a good dripper thats not too expensive ? {been wanting one to try out flavors without having to drain the nautilus all the time }
Your choices are pretty limited with building your own coils.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

The Isub apex (upgraded from the g) has a top airflow and with the .5 ohm clapton coils on it I get a cool vape. I leave the top airflow all the way open and vape at 55 watts. I can't go any higher than 60w because it gets too warm. Hope this helps, plus you can use your old coils with it. :thumbs: Just make sure you are in your wattage range for those coils if you want to use those up.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I spent a fair amount of time in my quest to find a Sub Ohm Tank and went through a few RDA/RDTA's and an Atlantis V2 with only disappointments. The vapes were too hot and not what I was looking for until I picked up a Kangertech Pangu and using the SS316L .5Ω coils. Running it in TC even up to 500°F it delivers a smooth cool vape. Just yesterday I actually found a trick to get the Atlantis to deliver a better vape but the Pangu blows it away. I am using an RX200S though which does fire in TC at 200W so not sure how it will perform with a lower power MOD.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I could see sticking with prebuilt coils for the silly sub ohm fix but get a RDA for your serious MTL-ish use.

(Actually, the Kanger Drip Box RDA has prebuilt decks avail. you can rebuild yourself or toss, but the airflow is weird and only works DL. Some RDAs come with coils in them but are barely usable like that and they won't last forever. There are prewound coils avail. also but they still have to be fitted and the ones I've seen are slightly large. You would still get the trial and error stage.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cheallaigh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread