Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
firstly HELLO :D :p
I know i've been away for a while....life and stuff....and well I had finally found my vape happiness, but unfortunately it is on a slow death...battery not holding charge like it should and a few times now i've noticed it fluxed...battery would be half drained, take a puff or two and it would say no charge then a second later be back at the half way mark....

I don't really need a lot of watts, i'm a tootle puffer, i stay at about 9w with a 2ohm coil, so i don't think a tc mod would really benefit me...
looking for just something with 2,200+ mAH, palm sized, 510 doesn't need to be spring loaded connection, regulated, and around $50 please....

I have loved my istick 30w literally to death :D
I am so far behind times on vape gear now it's not funny, when istick came out was about the time i stopped searching....now to see what else is available and good battery but small sized.

Thank you for any and all suggestions

Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
There are a ton of options out there for $50, have you considered buying one does not have a built in battery?, and also many have TC, even if your not interested you can always use power mode, and if and when you want to try it out it is there. just because it has 100w give or take also don't mean you have to vape at that. there are many mods and kits you can find under $50 that will cover mod/tank/battery, for example a eleaf pico with a melo 3 tank is about $35 and add a battery for $5-7, I would consider going the replaceable battery route, that way you could always have a charged back up, and your mod won't be unusable after the internals battery dies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have loved my istick 30w literally to death

eleaf pico
If you're happy with your topper and only need a new mod, I'ld go with the Pico. Rocky Mountain Vapor has them for $30. After 30% off with code 'turkey', that's just $21 with free shipping.

The Pico is wonderfully small.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I forgot about that one, $21 can't be beat, I was gonna get one from there but have way to many mods and mechs to last 4 or 5 people a lifetime. lol. when I buy a lot of times it is with the thought (oh I could give this to a beginner) but I am driving myself in debt with giving away stuff anyway. My hope is that it will help them with a healthy (ier) option. I have to stop that mentality because the only ones that will stay off the cigs are the ones that really wan't to anyway.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
thank you both :)
i'll check out the pico...
i had seen the Presa TC75W and it looks really interesting but it's going to be another learning curve and i guess you are right, a replaceable battery does make more sense....
don't really need a kit, i love my eternity drippers but not apposed to a kit if the price is right, always worth trying something new but like my et's they are easy and can get premade coils from FT for dirt cheap to last me a year :D

hahaha yeah i've given away a lot of mods to new vapers, then again i was given a few myself when i first started out and money was tight...2 kids ;) my mods get knocked around and dropped a lot. Used to work in a gas station so i gave away a lot to my customers because they realized that cig-a-likes just weren't cutting it.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
The coolfire 4 is alright, i still have mine. Its been dropped numerous times an still works. It has a 2000mah internal battery If you dont wanna mess with replacable an is nice an simple with no tc.
I used with a nautilus mini at 10w and the battery easily lasted me a day.
I have a new one thats only been used once. Pm me ill happily part with that an the nautilus mini tank :)

Reactions: Shadav

96TL

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2017
firstly HELLO :D :p
I know i've been away for a while....life and stuff....and well I had finally found my vape happiness, but unfortunately it is on a slow death...battery not holding charge like it should and a few times now i've noticed it fluxed...battery would be half drained, take a puff or two and it would say no charge then a second later be back at the half way mark....

I don't really need a lot of watts, i'm a tootle puffer, i stay at about 9w with a 2ohm coil, so i don't think a tc mod would really benefit me...
looking for just something with 2,200+ mAH, palm sized, 510 doesn't need to be spring loaded connection, regulated, and around $50 please....

I have loved my istick 30w literally to death :D
I am so far behind times on vape gear now it's not funny, when istick came out was about the time i stopped searching....now to see what else is available and good battery but small sized.

Thank you for any and all suggestions

Check out the new Smok V8 Stick. I'm thinking of picking one up myself. Pretty slick!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
If your looking for an internal battery $50 you can get the full kit (tank and mod) of the Aspire Nautilus 2..with the Zelos 50w mod. ... 1.8 ohm coils and there are many other coils to use as well... just a thought.. Here is a link from Vape NW I've bought many things from them all have been good experiences.
Aspire Zelos 50W Mod/Kit + Nautilus 2 Tank

Here is a review.. there are many more on YouTube.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
For a new MOD purchase I recommend getting as powerful as you can for the money so you have room to upgrade later without needing to buy another MOD. Just because I have a 200W MOD in my hand doesn't mean I need to vape at 200W and with a Nautilus Mini at 10.5 watts it last a real long time. But when I want to switch to a Sub Ohm TC tank it is just a few clicks and I am vaping. The RX series are pretty affordable these days and then you have the Smok Alien or others. Happy Shopping~!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Remember if you do get a high wattage device 200w..well, your budget of 50$ is blown. (2 sets are needed) So four 18650 batteries are avg. 12$ a piece..=48$..
RX requires 6 batteries.. you don't need a big 200w device with 2 ohm coils... a single 18650 mod will work fine for you and be travel friendly.
Here is a smaller one $34 with an internal battery..
External 18650 the Pico... same site is for $26 not including battery..

.Council of Vapor MegaVolt Mini 80W $34.99

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Remember if you do get a high wattage device 200w..well, your budget of 50$ is blown. (2 sets are needed) So four 18650 batteries are avg. 12$ a piece..=48$..
RX requires 6 batteries.. you don't need a big 200w device with 2 ohm coils... a single 18650 mod will work fine for you and be travel friendly.
Here is a smaller one $34 with an internal battery..
External 18650 the Pico... same site is for $26 not including battery..

.Council of Vapor MegaVolt Mini 80W $34.99
thanks :) I've got some batteries (somewhere, lost in the move) already but it probably wouldn't hurt to buy new ones (crap and a charger as it's still lost in the move)

Unless someone shows me something else lmfao i think i've narrowed it down to 3 mods that seem good and great prices

saw this and instantly loved the design: Wismec Presa 100W TC Box Mod, on sale for $33+shipping
Wismec Presa 100W TC Box Mod-33.31 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

but then was kinda interested in the eleaf pico and found a good deal on: Eleaf Pico Dual with MELO III Mini on sale for $36.50+shipping and from my understanding it is TC and it's 200w
Eleaf iStick Pico Dual TC 200W with Melo III Mini Kit

but then again :wub: ORANGE :pervy: eVic VTC Dual TC Mod on sale for $39 free shipping, single mode is 75w or dual mode is 150w, i like the idea that you can do either or and well it's :wub: orange ;):D
Joyetech eVic VTC Dual 75W / 150W OLED Box Mod with Upgradeable Firmware - Cvapor.com

i don't mind if it's over $50 including new batteries but would like the mod itself to be under $50 lmfao at those prices i'm probably gonna get 2 of the 3 :lol:

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Stay away from wismec anything.
mind explaining why?

X2

I've seen nothing but good review on the rx2/3, 200s, rx75 and rx mini, and the predator looks like a alien clone that we will soon see how it performs.. Did you have a bad experience with them?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I had some issues with the 510 pin in the RXs (I have two). If you use a topper with a 510 connection longer then 4mm, it will depress the pin too far and the mod "loses" the topper, saying it has no coil installed. Aside from that, I love them all to pieces (and it doesn't happen often, or only with certain attys. The 510 can be replaced with a quality part from FDV if you want; there's room.) They're a three-battery piece but, given the config, they're actually smaller and lighter than many two-battery mods I own, viz the Siggie 150 and the Smok Koopor.

"I have loved my istick 30w literally to death."

Me 2.

For very small money just get what stands above, eleaf pico mega. That is a reliable machine usually causing no big problems, easy to handle and providing good taste at around 25 - 35 watts.

Although bought me 2 power machines alien 220 watts with 0.15 coil heads, the 2 pico mega are still in daily use.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Totally inappropriate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread