Need Tank/ battery advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgana47

Oct 14, 2011
las vegas
Hi All, I am looking to change to a tank unit and need advise. I am currently using a protank 3 mini with a Vision Spinner II battery. I've heard really good things about the Kanger Subtank Nano but need to know what battery to use. I love pen batteries but read that you can't use a tank on a pen battery (is this true?) or do I have to move to the "box" model of battery? I want to keep it relatively compact, I tend to chain smoke when I'm home so I don't want the pain of constantly having to drip onto a coil type unit.......and taste is way more important then the amount of smoke I spew into the air. I want to keep it simple because I loved my protank 3 mini and pen batteries but want to upgrade.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @morgana47. Honestly to upgrade the quality of vape you have 2 options. 1. Aspire Nautilus Mini tank to use on the Spinners, or 2. Buy a small box mod and a new tank.

There are two main choices in picking out a mod (the battery part).
One is to get a mod with an internal battery where you recharge with a usb cable plugged into a wall plug or pc. On most of these you can vape while it charges (but you are tethered to a cable while it does).
The other choice is to get a mod with replaceable batteries (usually 18650 size). When it needs recharged you just swap out the battery and put the old/used one in a separate battery charger (like the Nitecore Intellicharger i2-$15). The plus side is you aren't tethered by a cable, BUT you'll have to spend more money to begin for extra batteries (around $7 each online plus a charger).

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

iStick 30 watt and Nautilus Mini

Good luck on your decisions.

Reactions: Susan~S

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
You can use a tank on a eGo style battery; you are doing exactly that with your protank on spinner combo. What you can't do is use a tank with a coil below 1.8ish ohms on a eGo style battery as they do not have the ampacity to withstand the current draw. For your situation-- and assuming you are satisfied with the vape you're getting on your pen types-- let me suggest an iStick30 and an Aspire Nautilus tank as a useful upgrade. It's not quite pen style, but the battery part isn't a lot bigger than a Bic lighter, so it isn't huge either.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
You can use a tank on a eGo style battery; you are doing exactly that with your protank on spinner combo. What you can't do is use a tank with a coil below 1.8ish ohms on a eGo style battery as they do not have the ampacity to withstand the current draw. For your situation-- and assuming you are satisfied with the vape you're getting on your pen types-- let me suggest an iStick30 and an Aspire Nautilus tank as a useful upgrade. It's not quite pen style, but the battery part isn't a lot bigger than a Bic lighter, so it isn't huge either.
Doesn't the istick 30 come with the ego adapter if it does than she can keep using the mini pt3

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeh, Spinners are bad news when you want to up the power.

We've all been there (well, most have).

I remember when the Nautilus came out. It was getting great reviews and then things went bad as people started getting grief from the BDC coils. Then the mini arrived, then the BVC coils and I pounced. They were really disappointing on Spinners so I dusted off the Vamo and off I went at 12-14 watts.
I tried them on MVP version 2, that was rubbish, sold I sold my MVP for a pack of beer.

Then, the iStick arrived. The Vamo went back in the box and I was sold on that combo for a year. I have all sorts of stuff (mods, drippers) but I need an all day set-up that doesn't upset people. I am the boss, but I still can't RDA at 50w!

:)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Doesn't the istick 30 come with the ego adapter if it does than she can keep using the mini pt3
It does, but it's so sad to see those little tanks kept down at 9w or whatever.
I was asked to review all those dual coil Kanger tanks and refused. They needed more power to get going, then they crashed and burned. Sad, such cute little tanks.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
It does, but it's so sad to see those little tanks kept down at 9w or whatever.
I was asked to review all those dual coil Kanger tanks and refused. They needed more power to get going, then they crashed and burned. Sad, such cute little tanks.
I love them! I own 2 and they are just right for my needs!;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I love them! I own 2 and they are just right for my needs!;)
That's great. I wish I could have liked them more.
The Vendor that sent them to me forgave me about 6 months later (for not reviewing them). We're cool now, he sent me 20 flavours of cloud juice the other day.
At the moment, I'm not reviewing that either!! :eek:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
That's great. I wish I could have liked them more.
The Vendor that sent them to me forgave me about 6 months later (for not reviewing them). We're cool now, he sent me 20 flavours of cloud juice the other day.
At the moment, I'm not reviewing that either!! :eek:
I think whatever works to keep going back to smoking stick with it!
I have learned my lesson on juices, so far mint flavors is what I've been sticking too,its hard to screw up a mint!

Reactions: djsvapour

morgana47

Oct 14, 2011
las vegas
Thanks everyone, there's some good advise here.... I just looked up the ego one battery and I'm really liking the look of that because I prefer the pen type to the box type of battery......do you feel the ego one is the best "pen" out there that can handle the new tanks? I have to admit also that the istick didn't look too boxy but I'm only looking at pictures so I can't tell. But.. I thought the Kanger had better reviews then the Aspire but it seems like most of the talk above was geared toward the Aspire tank? I thought I had the ohm/ volt thing figured out an now everyone is using watts which is really messing me up......not to mention I'm used to my tanks being female and my batteries being male and now they flipped those complete around (and now that I think of that, I guess the subtank nano (male connector) wouldn't have fit on the spinner II battery (male) anyway..... ok, I'll definitely look into the istick and the ego one..........but back to the tanks, do you really feel the aspire is better then the kanger?...........and I'm assuming for what I'm looking for, I'll need around a 1.5, 1.8 coil with a 20 watt output on the battery???? remember I'm going for flavor over clouds.

morgana47

Oct 14, 2011
las vegas
I think whatever works to keep going back to smoking stick with it!
I have learned my lesson on juices, so far mint flavors is what I've been sticking too,its hard to screw up a mint!
Agree on the juice, I've been vaping for over 4 years and I have to add cinnamon or menthol to everything, otherwise I can't taste it.

morgana47

Oct 14, 2011
las vegas
I would say with what your looking for and your style of vape you should upgrade to an eleaf basic. Its has an internal 2300mah battery and gs air tank easy one button operation and all for 22$. You'll spend that on a new tank alone so why not go with a full upgrade

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
That's true, I was also looking at the subox nano set up, I've included a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread