Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks everyone, there's some good advise here.... I just looked up the ego one battery and I'm really liking the look of that because I prefer the pen type to the box type of battery......do you feel the ego one is the best "pen" out there that can handle the new tanks? I have to admit also that the istick didn't look too boxy but I'm only looking at pictures so I can't tell. But.. I thought the Kanger had better reviews then the Aspire but it seems like most of the talk above was geared toward the Aspire tank? I thought I had the ohm/ volt thing figured out an now everyone is using watts which is really messing me up......not to mention I'm used to my tanks being female and my batteries being male and now they flipped those complete around (and now that I think of that, I guess the subtank nano (male connector) wouldn't have fit on the spinner II battery (male) anyway..... ok, I'll definitely look into the istick and the ego one..........but back to the tanks, do you really feel the aspire is better then the kanger?...........and I'm assuming for what I'm looking for, I'll need around a 1.5, 1.8 coil with a 20 watt output on the battery???? remember I'm going for flavor over clouds.
If you can find a local vape shop you should go and see what they have. The size of the 30w iStick (and other single battery mods) will surprise you. It won't be as tall as the eGo style, and it really is tiny. The Nautilus is a better tank than what you've been using (opinion) and it comes with 1.6 or 1.8 BVC (bottom vertical coils). If you fo go the route of the small mod, highly suggest you get a 30 watt size minimum. The Eleaf iSticks are about the most user friendly made.

Kanger is a good name in vape....but... I wouldn't buy a mod unless it has the spring loaded 510 pin, as the "floating or fixed" 510 pins have had some issues. Also... I would suggest the Subbox over the Nano as the Subbox comes with a Subtank Mini with an rba where you can learn to build your own coils (it's easy and CHEAP to do) if you desire.

Reactions: djsvapour

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You should also realize the local vape stores will be more expensive than buying online (4 day US delivery is the norm for cross country to me). Another issue is they will try their best to sell you what they have in stock over what you're really wanting. Online you have a multitude of choices and in the forum you'll have many people who have experience with many different vape devices and no reason to sway your decision.

Reactions: Metal Storm

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
ITaste MVP 20W is not capable of Subohm coils less than 1 ohm and I think it is like the other ones that don't have a replaceable battery but is very light. I got this 75W Mini box and 1.5 ohm coil in the TFV4 for low wattage vaping. I would recommend something like this SMOK box and tank because the large version tank has more capacity and it fills from the top. I believe it is also compatible with my old MVP 20W (with the brand new low wattage 1.5 Smok coil no stores have except online). I do have leaking using lighter 50VG/50PG mix and the high VG flavor may not be what you are looking for. MVP 20W is smaller and lighter than the heavy stainless Xcube mini. There is a cheaper top fill I do not like and TFV4 large and small, and the uwell crown tank. I would suggest some unit that has wattage control and a replaceable battery and I like the SMOK box because it is not skinny and round and is near impossible to knock over. I like the giant trigger along the side a lot

Attachments

• 0207160005-02.jpg
    0207160005-02.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 4
  • 0207160005-03.jpg
    0207160005-03.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 4

morgana47

Oct 14, 2011
las vegas
That's true, I was also looking at the subox nano set up, I've included a pic
subox nano.jpg

I don't own any Kanger box mods. The kbox was poor and the new ones, do some of them have a fixed 510 pin?... that would be not good.
No it looks like it's spring loaded and I was wrong it's actually called the top box now because they switch the battery 270 watts and the tank actually opens and Phil from the top they also put temperature temperature control on this newer model and it comes in both the mini and the smaller Nano

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
No it looks like it's spring loaded and I was wrong it's actually called the top box now because they switch the battery 70 watts and the tank actually opens and Phil from the top they also put temperature temperature control on this newer model and it comes in both the mini and the smaller Nano

Superb news. It IS spring loaded. Right... where do I buy one?

(Fasttech, Chinese New Year sale...) it'll be here in

(goes off the check)..... (has a vape).....

about a month... :eek: That's no good. :mad:

Todd Larson

Feb 6, 2016
Toledo, OH
Hi All, I am looking to change to a tank unit and need advise. I am currently using a protank 3 mini with a Vision Spinner II battery. I've heard really good things about the Kanger Subtank Nano but need to know what battery to use. I love pen batteries but read that you can't use a tank on a pen battery (is this true?) or do I have to move to the "box" model of battery? I want to keep it relatively compact, I tend to chain smoke when I'm home so I don't want the pain of constantly having to drip onto a coil type unit.......and taste is way more important then the amount of smoke I spew into the air. I want to keep it simple because I loved my protank 3 mini and pen batteries but want to upgrade.

you wanna use a High Amp Battery. You can use a Nautilus mini Tank or K1 Tank on vape pens. box model battery be great for you may be a eleaf istick 40W, Try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread