Need to buy Kanthal Wire and Wicks!! Best place to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
personally i prefer as many others to stay with A1 it is a better quality wire. some people have success using D but it gives me problems.
the difference is it has a slightly higher alum content making it a bit stiffer and shorter time from warmup to glowing. which in my case was too fast to work properly before reaching overheating stage.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
I just got 100ft A-1 32g for $8.50 free shipping , I got it from ebay but it came from a site called tankecigs.com. The price is really good , especially with the free shipping and it got to me in 3 days , but the weird thing is , there is nothing on the site that uses kanthal or ceramic wick which he also sells. Kinda strange , its really the only item that is a good buy but 'm not complaining.

RayPaganJr

Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Pembroke Pines, Fl, USA
I just posted this in another place on this forum, but this is probably the best place for a response. I purchased a Kayfun 3.1 and would like to know what would be the best wire and wick setup, also where to get same. I thought this would have been included in the purchase, but I was wrong. I don't think their manual addresses or recommends anything as far as the wire and wick other than to use silica. Just need to know what would work best for me and need to know size, gauge, etc. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread