Needed some VG so I picked this up is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Hey all, I needed to lower my nic bases so I got some glycerin from walmart.
Humco 99.5% (Anhydrous) I know there is a debate about this but my bottle says Pure Natural Vegetable Based on the bottle in small red letters.
Is this perfectly safe to use for vaping? I needed something fast and I was at walmart at the time. I found it in the pharmacy section next to the peroxide and rubbing alcohol.
Hope someone responds soon cause I need to vape... like now!!!
HBPc3IB.jpg

Reactions: Cheechako

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
thanks everyone! I was reading and reading and there were such mixed info about it that I just didn't know what to do. I picked up 2 bottles of it since I wanted to up my vg anyway and lower my nic and I didn't have time to wait for shipping. Now I feel a bit better about using it.
Zoi, thanks for that info. I did read that but I guess I got the context of it wrong. nice to know :) now to figure out my flavor percentages for a higher vg content.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
thanks everyone! I was reading and reading and there were such mixed info about it that I just didn't know what to do. I picked up 2 bottles of it since I wanted to up my vg anyway and lower my nic and I didn't have time to wait for shipping. Now I feel a bit better about using it.
Zoi, thanks for that info. I did read that but I guess I got the context of it wrong. nice to know :) now to figure out my flavor percentages for a higher vg content.

Something I have Noticed.

Since VG is Sweet as compared to PG, High VG Mixes do not need as much Sweetener.

But since VG doesn't carry Flavor as well as PG, I tend to put a Tad More (maybe 1%) Flavoring.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Something I have Noticed.

Since VG is Sweet as compared to PG, High VG Mixes do not need as much Sweetener.

But since VG doesn't carry Flavor as well as PG, I tend to put a Tad More (maybe 1%) Flavoring.
Thanks so much, I noticed some of my flavors are a bit on the strong side or at least I think it is I couldnt quite tell if the harshness was from my nic, pg or too much flavor. So thats the reason I am going with higher vg and lowering my nic. I will test one of my fav recipes with my new batch of nic base and see if it is still good. If not I will bump everything up 1% as suggested :)

Reactions: zoiDman

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Not true. USP can also be found on food grade glycerin as well and that shouldn't be vaped. You should only Vape pharmaceutical grade glycerin.
What do you think USP means, if not "pharmaceutical grade"? Or, put another way, what do you propose we should look for on the label to indicate pharmaceutical grade, besides "USP"?

(Hint: USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia.)

United States Pharmacopeia (USP)

The USP provides assurance [...] that the quality and purity of the raw materials utilized are of pharmaceutical grade.
source: Pharmaceutical Grade-Supplement Facts

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I vaped a pint of food grade palm oil VG from Now Foods, Just finished it up as a matter of fact. Worked fine and I only had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes and grew a third eye. Seems fine to me.
I do now have USP grade though. Seems the same to me so far as vaping it goes.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
What do you think USP means, if not "pharmaceutical grade"? Or, put another way, what do you propose we should look for on the label to indicate pharmaceutical grade, besides "USP"?

(Hint: USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia.)

source: Pharmaceutical Grade-Supplement Facts

Purity of PG, VG and PEG - The Short Version | E-Cigarette Forum

Might wanna read this...it is found in the sticky section up top of this DIY forum. (Hint) Just because it says USP doesn't necessarily mean it is for inhalation.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Reactions: bwh79

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I was wrong. I was reading to much into the part of the sticky that said "It is possible that a USP product can either be pharma grade or food grade. The USP designation only refers to a general production regime and does not cover the exact contaminants as long as the minimum standard is met". My apologies to any alarm I may have caused if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread