Neeeeed something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSozeDoesExist

Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Ok, so I don't "need", but all +6 month vapers reading a vape post on a vape forum know the deal. I want!! Istick 30w with aspire nautilus - pub covered. Same istick with Kanger nano - on the go cloud blast covered. 2Xrda and mech mod - flavour and sofa clouds sorted.
The question: To all you mod and tank collectors, what next? I'm thinking a +50w pv with an rba. Eg. smok m80 pro plus and Lemo drip. looking for lung hits only and both mod and tank for sub £100. Or should I wait for temperature control to be perfected. Or should I just buy a Cherry Bomber and another cool mech + batts and stay old school. Ahhhhhhh.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I'd stay away from the M80 plus. Busardo did some testing and it is wonky at best with temp control. It did fine in standard wattage mode, but had a tendency to burn (and I mean burn) cotton wicks. Temp control is definitely in its infancy and newer, more accurate temp control mods are coming out all the time.

KeyserSozeDoesExist

Verified Member
May 3, 2015
I'd stay away from the M80 plus. Busardo did some testing and it is wonky at best with temp control. It did fine in standard wattage mode, but had a tendency to burn (and I mean burn) cotton wicks. Temp control is definitely in its infancy and newer, more accurate temp control mods are coming out all the time.

Yeah, I know what ya mean. Like I said and echoing you, maybe worth waiting for temp control to be nailed. Cheers dude.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I am beginning to doubt whether temp control actually even works with the IPV4. I'm using an Atlantis 1 on it with a nickel coil, temp set at 400 degrees and mod set to 30 joules. Last night I got a massive dry hit from it. Had been using the coil for the past week and after that dry hit, even lowering the mod down to 20 joules, every hit just tasted burnt and nasty. Ended up throwing the coil away and putting in a new one.

Contrast this with my Vaporshark rDNA40. I have an Atlantis 2 on it with a nickel coil, temp set at 450 degrees and mod set to the max of 40 watts. I have been using the same coil for over 3 weeks and have never gotten a dry hit. I can see the temp control kick in because I can see the mod drop the wattage and the "temp protection" message pop up on the screen. With the IPV4, there is nothing that appears that temp protection is turning on.....you don't see a warning message, you don't see the joules setting changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread