Actual pics of the chemesis
201395162416172702.jpg

20139516243391810.jpg

fr0st

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
SGV, CA
I never knew we had so much cry babies on this forum. It will NOT lower the value of the real Nemesis. PERIOD. This isn't the FIRST time in human history that we are making fake things, let alone the e cigarette/vaping industry.

It's up to you what your priorities are. All this .....ing is going to do what? Oh.....Nothing! The clone will still come out, and people will buy it, The real one from Atmomixani? People will still buy that and it will still sell out in 10 minutes when new batches come out.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I think all these new clones coming out should at least make some kind of marking on them so people can determine the real thing and what's a copy. I'm all in for clones but this doesn't help the ones trying to buy the real thing and get duped by a shady seller.

I own a VW Nemesis and to be honest, this doesn't bother me at all. This just means everyone will get a chance to have a Nemesis, fake or real mod. I don't see Atmomixani lowering their price. I see people that still think they could sell their "used" mod for equal or more of the price of a new nemesis to go away. That's one of the things I hate the most about the vaping community. People go on and on about resale value of a mod. Nothing used should ever sell for the same or more than buying it new. Only mods that should demand that are limited editions or if it's something not being made anymore.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I think all these new clones coming out should at least make some kind of marking on them so people can determine the real thing and what's a copy. I'm all in for clones but this doesn't help the ones trying to buy the real thing and get duped by a shady seller.

I own a VW Nemesis and to be honest, this doesn't bother me at all. This just means everyone will get a chance to have a Nemesis, fake or real mod. I don't see Atmomixani lowering their price. I see people that still think they could sell their "used" mod for equal or more of the price of a new nemesis to go away. That's one of the things I hate the most about the vaping community. People go on and on about resale value of a mod. Nothing used should ever sell for the same or more than buying it new. Only mods that should demand that are limited editions or if it's something not being made anymore.

yep hard to tell; but i usually see pics of the real item on clone pages... if you've checked the co op threads, lots of comments on that with previous clones. so this is probably the real item.

cloners have been known to post pics that people put up and take right off the internet ... lol.

as far as resale, good topic; its a factor of the industry... especially internet sales of durable goods. I have bought and sold just about every high end apv i could get my hands on. How else, if you have the scratch, can you find out what these things are all about? lol.

"they are worth as much as someone will pay for it"... horse trading and all that. Can you see someone NOT buying a mod they want to try but are not sure? Resale value will factor in... it helps the builder move product too.

I do wonder how Caravela builder feels about flippers getting so much for his product that he sold for a fraction of street value though.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
yep hard to tell; but i usually see pics of the real item on clone pages... if you've checked the co op threads, lots of comments on that with previous clones. so this is probably the real item.

cloners have been known to post pics that people put up and take right off the internet ... lol.

as far as resale, good topic; its a factor of the industry... especially internet sales of durable goods. I have bought and sold just about every high end apv i could get my hands on. How else, if you have the scratch, can you find out what these things are all about? lol.

"they are worth as much as someone will pay for it"... horse trading and all that. Can you see someone NOT buying a mod they want to try but are not sure? Resale value will factor in... it helps the builder move product too.

I do wonder how Caravela builder feels about flippers getting so much for his product that he sold for a fraction of street value though.

I agree with your points, but I don't see how any mod maker can benefit from a sale of a used product. If anything, modders would want you to buy from them, not from people that already bought their products.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I agree with your points, but I don't see how any mod maker can benefit from a sale of a used product. If anything, molders would want you to buy from them, not from people that already bought their products.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

i take my username from my old obsession; ukulele's.... over the last 20 years, the same thing has happened to wooden instruments. The good builders establish a name, and if its good, it gets passed around or kept in the family, but word gets out and his brand is well known.
Chinese imports really hurt at first (after the junk phase), but the good ones adapted.

not disagreeing; i actually think this will discourage builders who put all their sweat-equity into the product, and startup costs etc. but its "the only game in town" right now, and serious modders will adapt; they have to.

on our end, the user, at least the clone gets the real thing's name out there... thats about it, plus the desire for someone to try the real deal... but for the buyer, i always used to tell newbs " buy quality" because you can always resell if you have to. it doesn't hurt as much if you find out you don't like it, and you get to try out what everyone is talking about.

edit: i actually do NOT like the real name etc etched on the clones... i mean that sucks for the resale market... you don't know if its the real thing. but hell, if you have a good rep, you're good. its on the buying side that you just don't know.

Last edited:

fr0st

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
SGV, CA
I just bought a clone, now I can just frame my real Atmomixani Nemesis and admire true craftsmanship and originality. I just don't want to be sad for an entire week when I drop my Nemesis, That why I got a Chemesis.

Bingo! I don't plan to ever take the Eric's edition out on the streets once i get that masterpiece. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread