Nemesis/chemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I already got in on the "group buy".... anybody know if the FT is same (hcigar)?
I got a VR and a new VW... but I'm down with Neme's bottom features; all my gear could be like that imo.

I'm guessing since Hcigar are the only ones that is currently offering it, it has to be from Hcigar. Just like when people kept requesting the Hcigar Chi you clone and they finally added it. I'm guessing thier Trident, SS private 2, and immortalizer is from Hcigar also. :mad: I want the SS Private 2 more than I want the Chemesis!

Hock A Lugie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
nor cali
I for one used to hate clones until I dropped one of my real mods. Now I dont care if they are here because I can drop one and not even care about it. And as far as the Nemi is concerned I want the real deal but cant get it because its always sold out. When its available I will buy the VW and VR and use the clone as a daily driver/beater mod and bring out the Bently on SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
It gets even worse: VaporThiefJoe is now featuring a new Nemesis clone on Fasttechtheft which actually copies the graphics and the "by Atmomixani" logo. He's not just featuring it, he actually gloats about the theft. I'm not going to link it, for obvious reasons.

I'm sure apologists will figure out some twisted sophistry to justify this outright theft.

In the end, the only reason this happens is because the original mod makers don't have the financial muscle to pursue legal action. So I guess if someone isn't packing a .45, it's OK to mug them.

For the record: there are Chinese (and other) mod makers who produce cheap products that are not rip-offs of the work of others. If cheaper mods keep less affluent people off analogs, then all power to them. I also believe that, while unethical, unbranded clones do not detract from the earnings of those whose designs are being copied, and may actually increase them, much like music sales have increased since the advent of illegal music downloads.

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
It gets even worse: VaporThiefJoe is now featuring a new Nemesis clone on Fasttechtheft which actually copies the graphics and the "by Atmomixani" logo. He's not just featuring it, he actually gloats about the theft. I'm not going to link it, for obvious reasons.

I'm sure apologists will figure out some twisted sophistry to justify this outright theft.

In the end, the only reason this happens is because the original mod makers don't have the financial muscle to pursue legal action. So I guess if someone isn't packing a .45, it's OK to mug them.

For the record: there are Chinese (and other) mod makers who produce cheap products that are not rip-offs of the work of others. If cheaper mods keep less affluent people off analogs, then all power to them. I also believe that, while unethical, unbranded clones do not detract from the earnings of those whose designs are being copied, and may actually increase them, much like music sales have increased since the advent of illegal music downloads.

Nothing new, guess what this entire thread is about, ERM the nemesis clone :rolleyes:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Extremely cheap labor, abundant natural resources, favorable exchange rates to most of the world, etc.
lol yea the artificially low exchange rates keep china pumping, should the gov over their quit stalling inflation. china would grind to a halt.

like the clone, sad they stole the logo.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread