Nemesis/chemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
So, if I take money and copy it what do they call that. Or what about bootleg DVD's. or going to the local flea market and buying that $1500 Versace bag for $30. So federal/local enforcements agency are raiding just for kicks....I get it. Come on.

Whole harted agreement, knock offs are bad for innovation, when a person has a new idea and implements a plan and sells it at a loss (usually the first batch of a new product breaks even at best) only to have his or her product copied down to the logos, that's flat wrong. Anyone who buys one of these fakes from a second or third hand and thinks its the real thing will see paying for the craftsmanship as a total waste. A clone design can be done acceptably if it is easily distinguishable and can't have it's issues attributed to the very hard working craftsmen.

Sent from my iPhone
and already breathing better

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
right or wrong i think this is going to discourage builders from investing the time and money on going into business with an original product.
Unless he plans on marketing a Chinese import him/herself there is no way they can compete with cheap labor.

FWIW, I think we have reached a plateau with mech devices now. What more can be done in that field?

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
It would be nice if we have a thread for a certain clone without the clutter of "clones are bad" and the comments related to it. But hey, that's just me. If someone was looking for info about a particular mod, clone or not, I'm sure that someone would want to find the info easier instead of seeing irrelevant information. Please go to this thread >>CLICK HERE<< if you want to argue about clones.

Back to topic:
fasttech.com/p/1448300 Nemesis clone is now back in stock.

Last edited:

rvh414

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
San Antonio
It would be nice if we have a thread for a certain clone without the clutter of "clones are bad" and the comments related to it. But hey, that's just me. If someone was looking for info about a particular mod, clone or not, I'm sure that someone would want to find the info easier instead of seeing irrelevant information.

Back to topic:
fasttech.com/p/1448300 Nemesis clone is now back in stock.

I'm guessing that some haven't had the pleasure of having work stolen/credited. The issue here are not clones but counterfeits. The STEALING on company logos/markings being placed on devices that are not legitimate. You can duplicate anything but going down to the last detail is just plain wrong. That's what's wrong with world today. Everyone seems to have entitlement issues. No morals and no business ethics. Those who insist on counterfeiting others work should focus on designing there own if there so good at it.

IMO Having an image of a device with the same exact logos and stating clone totally contradicts itself. It's a counterfeit. Again, no issues with clones just counterfeits.

Last edited:

Dark passenger

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Alexandria, IN, USA
i really wanted to get the nemesis vaperev just had and could afford it but wouldnt have the money for like 10 days and they sold out SO fast so i went over to fasttech and got the nemesis clone...they at least let you know it is a clone but it does seem pretty nice for the price...i have ordered a couple other devices from fasttech and i really like them a lot so until i can find a real deal mod that i want when i actually have the money on me ill be using their clone...:shrugs:

Dark passenger

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Alexandria, IN, USA
by october i will def buy a real high end mod and prob not have to get another one for awhile

anyone know if the clone has a floating pin? the description just said it had the airflow adjustment and plated contacts which is why i got it until i can get a real one or similar one that isnt a clone/counterfeit

Last edited:

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
The review video shows that it has an adjustable top pin....screw/unscrew to adjust. The real nemesis has different length top and bottom pin screws so you can tune to your battery if the switch is too long or too short. I'm not sure if real parts will work on this one though.

He had the beauty ring on ("kick" ring), which was why he was have problems making full contact. Plus he has the bottom pin screwed out too much, makes the bottom switch too loose. I tighten mine up on my VW nemesis, so the switch has a solid feel to it. You can use the beauty ring without a kick if you buy the longer contact pins from Atmomixani, Vaprev has them in-stock for $6 I think.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
He had the beauty ring on ("kick" ring), which was why he was have problems making full contact. Plus he has the bottom pin screwed out too much, makes the bottom switch too loose. I tighten mine up on my VW nemesis, so the switch has a solid feel to it. You can use the beauty ring without a kick if you buy the longer contact pins from Atmomixani, Vaprev has them in-stock for $6 I think.

I'm really curious to see the clone switch disassembled - wonder if they got it right.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I'm really curious to see the clone switch disassembled - wonder if they got it right.

When I watched the review, everything on it looked spot on. Only thing that might be different is the logos might be off but close. The parts from top to bottom looks look exactly like the nemesis I have. If there is anything positive about all this clone war debates going on, Hcigar is at least doing some justice of making true clones of the mods and devices they are copying. If your going to clone something, this is how your supposed to clone it. Not like some of the different clones out there. If anyone has seen Tobeco's chi you clone, all I can do is...:facepalm:
screen-capture-22.jpg screen-capture-21.jpg screen-capture-20.jpg
I bet all these people wouldn't have complained so much if that's what people ended up with. The fact that the Hcigar Clone performs and looks just as good as the real ones is what's getting all their panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread