Nemesis clone vs authentic - quick comparison....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I picked up a brass authentic Nemesis a week or so ago and my SS fasttech Nemesis clone arrived today. I figured I would post a quick comparison as I have been using both all day...

The brass Nemesis is a work of art IMO. The threads are perfect as are the engravings. It looks great and Vapes great. The pieces fit together perfectly. I have absolutely no complaints. I happily paid about $150US for it and I would buy it again.

The stainless Nemesis clone was a WHOPPING $8.85 delivered. If it was your only mech, you would likely be estatic about the price and performance. It looks good and works great. Absolutely worth the $$$ and I'm sure I will use it a lot when out and about and camping/travelling.

When compared side by side, there are a few obvious differences between the two.... The engravings on the clone aren't as deep or as detailed, the top and bottom edges are flat and not rounded, the threads aren't as smooth, pins are different, the firing button jiggles a bit and the locking ring is a tiny bit too big. None of this effects performance, but is noticeable when comparing the two side by side. The authentic FEELS better, but this is likely due to the weight of the brass vs. stainless.

A few pics are below, but at about 1/15th price, there is no reason to discount this $8 clone. I generally like to own the best, but this clone is worthy and I have already ordered a couple more in different finishes. I prefer the authentic, but why wouldn't I? The clone isn't better in any way, but the authentic is definately not 15x better and arguably not worth the $$$ to many mech users.

Anyways, I though it was interesting to compare the two side by side and am pleasantly suprised at the quality of this $8.85 mod.

6307AB56-FE9A-47FF-AD4C-FDA5070DBB30_zpsy5vmbr3z.jpg

9F4B435D-B191-44E0-A3D4-8DA6CD18E407_zpsp7ezlvf4.jpg

10920303-3CCD-466B-BBDC-5FE7BF01883D_zpstni48ls5.jpg

6D056076-41A8-4AB5-9C4F-06D890E742B8_zps3t4kufob.jpg

F612EF1D-711A-4530-8274-238085AAE92E_zpsrq2chwoq.jpg

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
If the tolerance is not tight you can get the crunchy or wobbly button on a clone (maybe original too?) but there is a fix.

Cut a fingernail clipping sized shim from a thin disposable leftover pie pan and shape it to fit from under the spring groove to the bottom of the black insulator inside the top (threaded) button section 180 degrees across from the rice pin groove. Assemble and vape with no more crunchy button.

I did this recently with two very cheap (price and quality) Nemesis clones and was surprised how big a difference the extra stability made improving the button.

Reactions: BreSha6869

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
Thanks for the detailed comparison! I had two Nemesis clones. Both the devices made me remain not quite satisfied. Their usage was connected with neverending small problems: the button was sticking sometimes and so on. So one of them was later given to a needy person, I still have the other one at home somewhere.

And probably my whole impression of these clones influenced my feelings, but it seemed to me that they were very weak as compared with other mech mods I tried, their vapor was feeble and not impressive at all.

And what about your clone, is it "weaker" in comparison with the original, or it's just me having bad luck with my Nemesis clones?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the detailed comparison! I had two Nemesis clones. Both the devices made me remain not quite satisfied. Their usage was connected with neverending small problems: the button was sticking sometimes and so on. So one of them was later given to a needy person, I still have the other one at home somewhere.

And probably my whole impression of these clones influenced my feelings, but it seemed to me that they were very weak as compared with other mech mods I tried, their vapor was feeble and not impressive at all.

And what about your clone, is it "weaker" in comparison with the original, or it's just me having bad luck with my Nemesis clones?
Quite a few things.... Stickier button, thinner metal, much looser locking ring, inferior top cap, etc.

I still love my authentic Nemesis mods and I like the clone versions for camping, travel, etc. I have 4-5 clones that do get used. My clone Chi Yous and Kings blow them away though...

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

What does "weaker" mean?
Thats a very incorrect generalization

Do a search and youll find when tested, a copper Nemesis (all copper Nems are clones) has lower voltage drop than an authentic Nemmy, and lower than most other authentic mods.
Try cleaning your mod.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
What does "weaker" mean?
Thats a very incorrect generalization

Do a search and youll find when tested, a copper Nemesis (all copper Nems are clones) has lower voltage drop than an authentic Nemmy, and lower than most other authentic mods.
Try cleaning your mod.
Atmomixani does copper Nemmys now. I think it is a fairly recent addition, but you can definately buy an authentic copper Nemesis.

Strangely enough, a FT copper Nemesis clone was in my mailbox today and it is a really good device for $12. Dumb@$$es put the logos on upside down though. :eek:

Kinda funny actually....

3bd50da9e29f53015e93e505a7fca59a_zpsqjpqhjjo.jpg

Reactions: 440BB

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
With the authentic as a target to aim for, I think my better clones are functionally similar and enjoyable with some refinement.
I agree. I have a bunch of authentics, but some of my clones are fantastic.

Here is an example of a rock solid Chi You copper "clone" that for $16 is as good or better than many authentics. I used it camping all weekend and it worked perfectly. Warning: it has by far the heaviest clearcoat I have ever seen. I won't even be bothering to strip it as the amount of effort would be crazy.

$16.61 Chi You Style Mechanical Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread