ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate, and post commented on was from back in May

leatoh

Nov 2, 2014
Also chiming in and saying that fine->medium grit steel wool works wonders on the copper version of the mod, and gets you quite the smooth surface/finish. I took a few passes with medium grit steel wool around the inside corner and edge of the bottom button. Also added an ever-so-slight amount of graphite. Works like a charm...can basically press it anywhere and it will fire smooth as silk. (even on the corner).

Also, any neod. magnet upgrade with a [longer] post upgrade will stop that annoying pin travel and solves not only the crunchy button (the magnets will do their best to keep the button perpendicular to the mod)....

I also used the fat daddy vape's magnet and pin upgrades. Did wonders for the button....it really did. And for $15...you can't go wrong.

....It also solves the annoying rice pin problem, as the post can be tightened all the way down snug, the rice pin has nowhere to fall out... Been vaping on my hcigar nemi for 3-4 days after the upgrade and haven't had to adjust the bottom button once.

If the pin is an issue, take a single drop of loctite and put it near the base of the bottom pin threads and let it sit for awhile. Should solve any pin-walking from there on. (only a drop, as this will allow you to get your pin back out)

Happy times!

Last edited:
Same issues fix on mine. The post and inside of the brass ring had pretty deep machining grooves. Sanded completely smooth w dremel tool. Created mirror finish on all surfaces. Complete lube of all surfaces and spring w silicone dielectric grease. To shorten the switch throw, the white / black delrin base ring height needs to be carefully reduced in height. Go slow here cause if you go too low, you'll ruin the switch. Table wobble can be fixed by stretching the spring a little the stiffen the switch or change to magnets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread