Nemesis Hot Negative Screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Sounds to me like a short somewhere... the current is obviously moving (and creating the heat), just not where you want it to if it's not firing. Shorts are dangerous; be careful. I'd use something else until you figure it out.
The subtank mini's 510 pin is almost flush with the threading and non adjustable, so it may not be making contact with nemesis' pin? Only thing I can think of.
If this is the case, it could cause the effect you describe.

Alyssa Ridenour

Apr 27, 2015
Sounds to me like a short somewhere... the current is obviously moving (and creating the heat), just not where you want it to if it's not firing. Shorts are dangerous; be careful. I'd use something else until you figure it out.

If this is the case, it could cause the effect you describe.
I thought it was too which is why I replaced the atomizer but I don't know what else would be creating the short. It seems like it has something to do with the negative pin because that's what gets hot first but I don't know at this point

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I thought it was too which is why I replaced the atomizer but I don't know what else would be creating the short. It seems like it has something to do with the negative pin because that's what gets hot first but I don't know at this point
What kind of rig is this atomizer attached to? When you say 'negative pin', are you referring to the negative end of the batter? 'Cause the negative (body & threading) and positive (center post) on an atty are right next to each other.

If it's getting hot at the negative end of the battery, it's prolly not the atty. Where's your switch? That would be another prime area for a short to occur.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The most often cause of this in a nemesis is a dirty button and threads.

You have to take the button apart, clean the shaft, both pieces, rice pin and the groove it sits in. Basically all the surfaces that touch, and then clean the threads.

Also the pins are silver coated and will oxidize quite easily under heavy load and should be kept shiny.

Taking the button in and out all the time for battery swaps its amazing how dirty parts of it becomes.

Reactions: Izan

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Derp. Just read the post title... hey, I'm old and my eyes aren't so good... :p

Looks like the Nemesis is a bottom switch? If so, and it's heating up near the negative end of the battery, I'd strip that switch apart and clean it. There's your short (probably). If the heat is right under the atty, it's most likely the threading and the center pin both making contact with the positive end at the same time... which would cause a heat built up when you hit the switch with no actual vapor (since the current is going elsewhere).

Let us know if you figure it out. I'm curious now.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Sounds like you need to disassemble & thoroughly clean the button/switch & the base/switch to body threads.
Heat is a warning sign, hot is never good, it is never a good idea to continue using a mechanical that gets hot anywhere other than the atty on top after extended use.

Have you inspected the battery wrap.
Oh, hell yeah... didn't even think of the battery wrap. If the outer casing of your battery is worn or torn or anything, it can short out if the innards of the battery touch the sidewall of the battery chamber. Check that battery for any damage or wear, pronto.

Alyssa Ridenour

Apr 27, 2015
I have the nemesis with a bottom button that you push up to fire. By negative pin I ment the screw that is attached to the bottom switch that connects to the battery, Im sorry for the confusion I'm not clear on the terminology. I have cleaned the switch as well as every other part of the mod and I got the new atomizer yesterday so I know that's not the problem. I have two batteries that I use back and forth and I've also used my friends batteries and both mine and his work in his vape so I doubt that's a problem. There are only so many parts to the mod so I'm not sure what else is left that could be wrong. Thank you for your replies!

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Sounds like it's the switch. Somewhere in the chain of parts that make up the switch, metal is touching metal where it shouldn't be. Don't use this thing until you figure it out... shorts are dangerous. See if there's a brick-and-mortar vape store near you that sells mods; usually the staff at such places will help you out & have a good chance of knowing what to look for. Either that, or someone who knows his or her way around electricity. I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, so you may need to seek some hands- & eyes-on help.

If you can't correct it, replace it. I know it sucks, but it's just too risky otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread