Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @HiveVape and welcome to the forum!

Don't know but here's a bump for an answer. Hopefully, someone who knows that mod will be along shortly.

Happy vaping!

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Let me preface this by saying that if you are not a "Mr. Fix-it" kinda guy, just toss it and buy something better. You can cause bigger problems and lithium batteries are dangerous. When things go wrong the word "supernova" is an apt descriptor. But, if you are experienced with simple electronics and soldering...

It looks like that top "brass" plate is pressed into the top of the mod. If it isn't glued or epoxy'd in, it might pop off pretty easily. Chinese folks love hot glue guns, so there is a chance it will come off without too much effort. There's something kinda wonky looking about the negative connections on that thing. I see a button on the battery door... weird. You can try taking a THIN flat screwdriver and try to pry the top plate off. The wiring should be pretty simple inside. I'm just not sure what you are going to see on the negative side connections. You can find a replacement switch at a thousand different places.

Reactions: Denvap0r

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't know, I've never seen one. Just guessing, I'll say there's probably a pair of screws holding the (looks like brass in the photos) top plate on the box. These should be visible and accessible through the battery door with a flashlight and a long tool. Remove the screws and the top plate should lift out, fall off or be pushable from underneath. You'll probably find the switch, battery springs and positive current path-- however this is arranged-- mounted to the back of the top plate. If the mod is a true mechanical, the "switch" won't be an actual switch, just a spring loaded actuator that pushes a piece of conductor into the positive current path somehow. Maybe your spring is broken, or perhaps juice leaking down the 510 has gummed up the actuator somehow.

Be very careful. A stuck button on a mech is seriously not funny. Depending on your atomizer resistance, it might result in a thermal runaway and a venting battery, or worse. I don't see any vent holes in the case (shudder), a situation you may wish to remedy while you have it in pieces. I would also caution you to be sure you're putting the batteries in the right way every time. Reversing one (in the absence of individual battery fuses) would also be highly unamusing. No offense, but that thing doesn't look very safe to me. You might be better off junking it and getting a Hammond box with dual parallel MOSFETS.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Let me preface this by saying that if you are not a "Mr. Fix-it" kinda guy, just toss it and buy something better. You can cause bigger problems and lithium batteries are dangerous. When things go wrong the word "supernova" is an apt descriptor. But, if you are experienced with simple electronics and soldering...

It looks like that top "brass" plate is pressed into the top of the mod. If it isn't glued or epoxy'd in, it might pop off pretty easily. Chinese folks love hot glue guns, so there is a chance it will come off without too much effort. There's something kinda wonky looking about the negative connections on that thing. I see a button on the battery door... weird. You can try taking a THIN flat screwdriver and try to pry the top plate off. The wiring should be pretty simple inside. I'm just not sure what you are going to see on the negative side connections. You can find a replacement switch at a thousand different places.
I think, Hans, the "button" on the battery door is a neodymium magnet to hold it closed. And glued top plate seems also unlikely as rhe glue would insulate the plate from the battery box. Pressed is possible, but screws from beneath seem more likely to me.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Yeah. I see it now that I have a couple of cups of coffee in me. Sorry for the bad advice. At first glance it looked like a plastic box. It's reminiscent of a cherry bomber though. Yikes. Looks like the battery adjustment is done with the screws in the door rather than springs. And I've seen that switch on ebay. They are like 2.99 for a 25 pack or something. I'd say get rid of the mod and get something safer. If you want more info on the problems you are going to have with it in the future, there is a post about the cherry bomber here. Cherry Bomber box mod - may have auto-on issue | E-Cigarette Forum It's not the same mod, but it's very similar in it's design.

Last edited:
Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread