Never calculated this before, but I used to smoke like 10,000 cigs a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I used to keep a large coffee can on my front porch and another on my balcony, for cig butts. When it would be full, I'd look at the huge number of butts in there and think about what abuse I was doing to myself.....thousands and thousands of those cancer sticks, years and years of that. And yet, I couldn't stop and didn't really want to most of the time. :(:blink:

After almost a week into my 6th month of not smoking, my tracker says I've saved (extended?) a week and almost 4 days of my life....don't know how true that really is after 47 years of smoking, but I'm SO GLAD not to be smoking anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my case, it's not about the money....!

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
295,650 of the things have passed through my lungs in my lifetime, give or take a few I suppose for those long nights when smoking in a club or bar was still cool and I'd burn through them at a couple packs a night.

At $2.25 a pack (a simple average of cost per pack when I started and today's price) I blew $33,260.63 worth of hard earned cash on a product that did nothing good for my health. I have a couple zippo lighters and an ashtray to show for it now, if I quit vaping today I would at least have more to show for my money in the form of cool vape gear.

To put this in prospective, my first home loan was for less than my lifetime smoking expenditure. Kinda makes me a bit ill knowing that.

It is what it is ... rather it is what it was, but no more.

Maurice

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Approaching 35 months 'bakky free...

BTW, that 41K number is a very effective jaw dropper when 'educating' da smokers!
eek.gif

thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread