New 2 this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ordinarily I would have recommended IBTanked, but they seem to be having business issues at the moment. IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks: A Review

Assuming that you are a new vaper and looking into cartotanks, I feel obligated to tell you that cartomizers and cartotanks are losing favor to the latest generation of clearomizer tanks and rebuildable atomizers. Most vape shops and online vendors are discontinuing their supplies, and one of the three major cartomizer manufacturers just shut their doors forever (Ikenvape). It's an end to an era.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.

Reactions: Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
It entirely depends on your needs.
Which you don't really know yet.
Get your toes wet with an EVOD kit
they are relatively inexpensive and gives you 2 complete sets and the hardware you'll need for a month or 2 at least. They run around 40 dollars. You won't be chasing clouds with these but you will def. have a good chance of quitting or at least cutting down on cigs substantially. Cheers.
Kanger E-vod starter kit

violetdream

Dec 22, 2012
Michigan
Haven't been here in a while, and was looking for a "pyrex" tank, I have been using the F16 tanks for a while.

I noticed a lot of tank shops don't have anything like they used to (ibtanked for example).

I have a bunch of cartos, and just bought my second provari. What a bummer carto tanks are being phased out....guess I should learn to do rebuildable, but I'm content with the system I used for several years.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I noticed a lot of tank shops don't have anything like they used to (ibtanked for example).

I have a bunch of cartos, and just bought my second provari. What a bummer carto tanks are being phased out....guess I should learn to do rebuildable, but I'm content with the system I used for several years.
Carto's and cartotanks are being phased out by most vape shops and online shops. There are better juice delivery systems available now. Today's higher end clearomizer coils are not that much different from a carto.

Cartotanks used to be my go to setup for over two years. I started dabbling with rebuildables and got the hang of it just when my last five cartos were all duds. I made a choice right then and there that I was finished with cartomizers.

Just from a cost saving perspective: You can buy a year's worth of wire and cotton for under $10. How many cartos will that buy you (if you can even find any to buy)? I get 3 - 4 months use out of my coils, I simply dry burn them clean with each wick change. I do have to change my wick about every 3 - 4 days, but its only a 3 minute process to change the wick.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Carto's and cartotanks are being phased out by most vape shops and online shops. There are better juice delivery systems available now. Today's higher end clearomizer coils are not that much different from a carto.

Cartotanks used to be my go to setup for over two years. I started dabbling with rebuildables and got the hang of it just when my last five cartos were all duds. I made a choice right then and there that I was finished with cartomizers.

Just from a cost saving perspective: You can buy a year's worth of wire and cotton for under $10. How many cartos will that buy you (if you can even find any to buy)? I get 3 - 4 months use out of my coils, I simply dry burn them clean with each wick change. I do have to change my wick about every 3 - 4 days, but its only a 3 minute process to change the wick.
Baditude,
have you written a blog on this yet? I was absolutely bummed at Ikenvapes going going gone. I did jump on the IBTanked wagon but admittedly for the cost, seeing the "custom color" wipe away day by day and finally disappear with water cleaning, I knew I'd stick with my Phineacs, and similar. So I have tried a couple of Kanger subOhm, and even the aspire, I despise going the route of buying 5 packs of little heads! Dont know why? I've bought cases of 5per box carts? It truly seems to me the juice in a fiber filled cart is more flavorful than the juice on a 1/4 inch wad of cotton for rebuildable.
im ONLY into vaping for 1)Nic Hit 2)Flavor. those are in reverse. take my flavor away im miserable. My Fav B&M is subOhm primarily ----I'll go to taste new liquid from the vapekitchen. Heres my results= I'll load a cart prime it with the new flavor, they'll offer me a few drips in a taster rebuild....I'll try both. They're totally different!
I'll look for what I may need to learn, I'll be dragged kicking and screaming...into the rebuildables (certainly before the
Nautulus, Kanga, pre boxed heads).
The concept of "dripping" all day is a nightmare!
Carto Tanks set me to last. Fill em, and your set, no leaks, no carrying fluids, just good to go.
Im going to miss Carto Tanks more than words can say...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude,
have you written a blog on this yet?
I've written nearly 20 blogs thus far. Baditude's Blogs

One is devoted to coil rebuilding,

Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

Another is devoted to juice delivery devices,

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.

I wouldn't fret too much about today's clearomizers. As long as you are using one of the latest technology, the coil heads remind me a lot of cartomizers. I personally use a Uwell Crown clearomizer tank with my Wismec RX200 as my daily vape. I also use a rebuildable dripper on a mechanical mod, and go back and forth between the two. I like both for different reasons.

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
I've written nearly 20 blogs thus far. Baditude's Blogs

One is devoted to coil rebuilding,

Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

Another is devoted to juice delivery devices,

I wouldn't fret too much about today's clearomizers. As long as you are using one of the latest technology, the coil heads remind me a lot of cartomizers. I personally use a Uwell Crown clearomizer tank with my Wismec RX200 as my daily vape. I also use a rebuildable dripper on a mechanical mod, and go back and forth between the two. I like both for different reasons.

I remember taking a peek at the latter of the two some time ago. i hope you respect its "personal choice"- I just havent had the flavor be anything other than "completely different" using the same eliquid tasted from cartomizer primed with it; RBA with cotton dripped with it; cartomizers wicking and firing it. Thats my palate. I despise fear hype, which is what Im seeing. "the FDA is going to change everything" so bye bye. thats what my last source of Smok Cartos told me as I cleared out half of his remaining stock. I'll read the First RBA blog tonight, thanks.
Ive obviously followed Zens products as a ProVari fan...the main reason I havent bought (even his carto tank) is the number of broken glass posts I see. I havent been ab;e to break any Phiniacs to date- through numerous drops.
ALOHA.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I managed to break my only Phiniac cartotank. :grr:

All juice attachments are going to express flavor differently. That's why when sampling flavors at a vape shop, your own personal drip atomizer is the best way to sample them. Flavors will be different in a clearo, a cartotank, a rebuildable dripper, or rebuildable tank.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Ordinarily I would have recommended IBTanked, but they seem to be having business issues at the moment. IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks: A Review

Assuming that you are a new vaper and looking into cartotanks, I feel obligated to tell you that cartomizers and cartotanks are losing favor to the latest generation of clearomizer tanks and rebuildable atomizers. Most vape shops and online vendors are discontinuing their supplies, and one of the three major cartomizer manufacturers just shut their doors forever (Ikenvape). It's an end to an era.

Learn something new everyday, didnt know about "Drip Atomizers", thought they were just RDAs.

And OP your profile pic is making my neck hurt :)

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
I managed to break my only Phiniac cartotank. :grr:

Well Im dieing to hear how the heck you managed that!? Unless perhaps it was one of the tanks that had glass figures raised on the outside. good news and bad? Bad first- still cant believe someone broke a Phiniac
tank--Good news is twofold- first check out Chris' insanity below, 2nd-Phiniac does specifically cater to making replacements for House Of Hybrids= albeit for the price, I just wish Zen was using their quality from the get go. Phiniac's former website had a reviewer put a tank on a deck and stand on it- but Chris' pitcher on the mound with concrete rebound is better!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If you liked carto tanks look hard at the Nautilus tank, I find it very close to draw and flavor of a carto tank, My next suggestion would be a Kayfun, I find the flavor better than any carto tank I've used!
It's not that hard to build coils, but if you don't want to go to fasttech and search for coils, they sell pre-built coils in bulk for next to nothing. All you have to do is screw them down and wick them.

Reactions: Ipster

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
If you liked carto tanks look hard at the Nautilus tank, I find it very close to draw and flavor of a carto tank, My next suggestion would be a Kayfun, I find the flavor better than any carto tank I've used!
It's not that hard to build coils, but if you don't want to go to fasttech and search for coils, they sell pre-built coils in bulk for next to nothing. All you have to do is screw them down and wick them.
thanks
I have tried the Nautilus. imo the "draw" has more to o with the right Catro and liquid than the tank itself. I just want something that isnt going to break right away after shelling out another Ben franklin. so Kayfun (ofcourse busardo cant hype them enough, Nautilus are priced economically)...but I am fond of heavier darker sweeter liquids-I was heart broke when Iken closed, but certainly support the choices that family made. There's just not an equal out there.
Boges-forget it. Not with my liquids-they'd need changed daily.
I did find that Phiniac has replacement glass for HOH which is encouraging. I just dont know why so many break his glass on first drop.
ultimately as the world changes and I wont be able to find cartomizers any longer I guess I'll be forced into RBAs.
As a tootle puffer and when going to something unknown- I'll read baditudes blog and others, then visit my fav B&M and make a choice. Its going to need to be before I run out of my incoming last stock of cartomizers...
(albeit several B&Ms still sell them individually if you're in a pinch- they're unknown brands and usually fall apart being put on or taken off the PV- bottom threaded piece disconnects from SS tube portion...atleast the ones sold in all the volcano kiosks do anyway_)
thanks for sugestions you know these choices are as individual as the choices of cig brands we(many of us) used to choose.
Cheers...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Get your toes wet with an EVOD kit
they are relatively inexpensive and gives you 2 complete sets and the hardware you'll need for a month or 2 at least. They run around 40 dollars.

Vapor Engine was clearancing all their Evod Double Starter Kits out...dropping the price about every week for awhile. They finally got down to $5.25 per kit! (2) 650mAh batts, (2) Evod tanks, (5) coils, USB charger + wall charger, and manual...all in a boxed kit! I have, ummm, just a few :) of them stashed away. They're mostly for friends, past co-workers, etc. that I've helped and am still helping to switch to vaping. Was a hard-to-pass-up deal IMO! Think the last sale markdown ended last night...or is still going yet until midnight tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread