New and Having a Real Hard Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varrot

Nov 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been using blu magnificent menthol for a couple of months now. They started getting real expensive, so I thought I would switch to real vaping. I at first bought a V2 series 3 vaporizer. This was a bad idea because so many juices won't work at all in it. I just now got a iStick 30w with a nautilus mini and also a KangerTech sub ohm.

My problem is that so far I can't find any kind of e-liquid I like. I have tried V2 Menthol; Just juice Blueberry, Strawberry, and Classic; Johnson Creek Classic, Wisconsin Frost, French Vanilla, Tundra, and Tennessee Cured; and Ecto Menthol Smooth.

Out of all of these I think the Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured and French Vanilla are my favorite. The V2 and Ecto menthol are just too strong for me. It kills my lungs.

I am now waiting for some Mt Baker Vapor. I ordered Blu Ice, Extreme Ice (which I am guessing I shouldn't have as it will probably be too strong), Hawk Sauce, and I built my own using coffee, menthol, and chocolate mint. I should get those in a few days.

I have searched and it doesn't seem anyone can find something similar to Blu Magnificent Menthol, but if you all have suggestions for something I might give a try that would be great. I am just trying to find something that isn't so terribly strong on the menthol side. It's hard for me to describe the taste of the Blu, but it's not the real crisp and harsh menthol like the others.

I can do my best to try and provide you with more information if that will help you make a recommendation.

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: empteeteacup

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been using blu magnificent menthol for a couple of months now. They started getting real expensive, so I thought I would switch to real vaping. I at first bought a V2 series 3 vaporizer. This was a bad idea because so many juices won't work at all in it. I just now got a iStick 30w with a nautilus mini and also a KangerTech sub ohm.

My problem is that so far I can't find any kind of e-liquid I like. I have tried V2 Menthol; Just Juice Blueberry, Strawberry, and Classic; Johnson Creek Classic, Wisconsin Frost, French Vanilla, Tundra, and Tennessee Cured; and Ecto Menthol Smooth.

Out of all of these I think the Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured and French Vanilla are my favorite. The V2 and Ecto menthol are just too strong for me. It kills my lungs.

I am now waiting for some Mt Baker Vapor. I ordered Blu Ice, Extreme Ice (which I am guessing I shouldn't have as it will probably be too strong), Hawk Sauce, and I built my own using coffee, menthol, and chocolate mint. I should get those in a few days.

I have searched and it doesn't seem anyone can find something similar to Blu Magnificent Menthol, but if you all have suggestions for something I might give a try that would be great. I am just trying to find something that isn't so terribly strong on the menthol side. It's hard for me to describe the taste of the Blu, but it's not the real crisp and harsh menthol like the others.

I can do my best to try and provide you with more information if that will help you make a recommendation.

Thanks for reading!

So sorry you're having a rough time. I haven't tried many menthol juices, but I really love Seduce Juice's Impearmint. It's pear and mint and it is very mild, but it's definitely like a crisp, very mild menthol. It's reasonably priced too at about $15 for a 30 ml. bottle. Another good one is EC Blend's Dragon's Breath, It's dragon fruit, cream and a mint mixture. It's very mild and good. It's really cheap too at $8.99 for 30 ml. They've also got samples for $2.50 for 5 ml.

Good luck!

Reactions: Varrot

Varrot

Nov 29, 2015
So sorry you're having a rough time. I haven't tried many menthol juices, but I really love Seduce Juice's Impearmint. It's pear and mint and it is very mild, but it's definitely like a crisp, very mild menthol. It's reasonably priced too at about $15 for a 30 ml. bottle. Another good one is EC Blend's Dragon's Breath, It's dragon fruit, cream and a mint mixture. It's very mild and good. It's really cheap too at $8.99 for 30 ml. They've also got samples for $2.50 for 5 ml.

Good luck!
Thank you for responding. And the more I keep reading and looking the more I think I need to try something like the Dragon's Breath. Maybe trying the straight menthol is a little much right away. I will save the menthol ones I do have for someday when I start mixing my own. Then maybe I can experiment and add a little of the menthol, but not too much.

Thanks again for the help folks!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, same for me. I have about 15 flavors that I will buy again. I keep a lot of notes.

Look for sampler packs. Give a good steeping and evaluate each for a score. Eventually, I got to buy 1-2 flavors that I liked, but I also got 1-2 that I had not tried.

Like I said, "after 2 years, I have only found about 15."

Varrot

Nov 29, 2015
Yes, same for me. I have about 15 flavors that I will buy again. I keep a lot of notes.

Look for sampler packs. Give a good steeping and evaluate each for a score. Eventually, I got to buy 1-2 flavors that I liked, but I also got 1-2 that I had not tried.

Like I said, "after 2 years, I have only found about 15."
Good call. I think I will make an Excel sheet to keep track of them. And maybe the ones I have now will get better after steeping them for awhile. I know steeping can take a few weeks, so hopefully I can find something I like for the time being while I get some new bottles and give them the proper time.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Best menthol I ever tried was from Dulcis. Strong menthol taste with a finishing touch of mild sweetness. Not sure they're in business any more though. Janty's was good but now they've gone and made all their juices all PG or all VG so not sure about them either.

Stay away from Dekang and Hangsen for menthol, it all tastes like chewing gum....

Electrician613

Dec 16, 2015
I for one have not tried any menthol juices or cigarette flavored juices for that metter. I rarely smoked menthol cigarettes so I assumed I wouldn't like it. I've got a few shops around me and the one I keep going back to is cloud 9 vape Co. They seem to have the best variety for me. I tend to lean more towards the fruity or candy flavors. One brand that I really enjoy is unicornicopia. Pegasauce and Majestic melon is really good in that brand. They also carry candybrand. It seems like they have taken any candy you could buy in a gas station they made a flavor for it. From sour skittles to lemon heads to sweet tarts. I tried a few that I thought would be good but ended up being way to strong. Hope this might help.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Hello everyone,

My problem is that so far I can't find any kind of e-liquid I like. I have tried V2 Menthol; Just Juice Blueberry, Strawberry, and Classic; Johnson Creek Classic, Wisconsin Frost, French Vanilla, Tundra, and Tennessee Cured; and Ecto Menthol Smooth.

Thanks for reading!

Best Flavored E Liquids, Caramel, Chocolate E Juice Vapor Refills
Cool Berry | Menthol Berries - Raspberry Strawberry and Blueberry Flavored E-Liquid 100% Made in the USA only at Mountain Oak Vapors

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Id advise trying to find some flavors that suit you with the nautilus and the istick.

Going from Blu &co to a Kanger Sub ohm sounds like way too big a leap..?

actually it's scary!Im worried it will be way too harsh on your throat ?

And dont worry, all of us have at first wasted tons of money on trying to find flavors & brands we like and we all have at least a shoebox full of bottles purchased and then never used (coz we ended up hating them...) ;)

There's a def learning curve but youll eventually find a few brands and flavors to your liking...and your tastes may change too....I started with tobacco only for the first month or two... then switched to expresso only then to vanilla(did awhole year with just one brand of vanilla!) then... switched to fruits...now Im open to all fruit & bakery flavors....and have about 5 "regulars"

...but I wasted alot of $$$$ and spent alot of time searching and trying out dif juices.The best way to go is to buy samples and/or if you can find a really GOOD local B&M with a cool salesperson who'll be able to learn your tastes, advise you and let you try out a whole bunch of juices....that's what finally did it for me :) !!!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah, don't be trying to put cheap PG heavy liquids in a sub ohm tank with sub ohm coils....

Keep those for your ego / blu and Nautilus mini.

And don't try to put VG heavy liquids in a blu / ego or even Nautilus mini if they are 70VG...

Nautilus will handle 50VG/50PG well but anything with more VG I'd go for the sub ohm tank and replace the fat bore drip tip with a narrower one perhaps...

for the sub ohm tanks you really have to pick the right liquids for them and half your nicotine levels too...

I use cheap liquids for my ego / evod and Nautilus. Premium liquids up to 50/50 for my Nautilus mini and then anything higher VG for my sub ohm tank and coil. I assume you understand the reasoning behind this, if you don't just ask.

Nautilus, most people's sweet spot is around 15 watts going lower or higher for a cooler or warmer vape.

Heavy VG liquids in sub tank if you're starting like most of us at .5ohms, then between 25 watts and 30 watts...

Varrot

Nov 29, 2015
I appreciate all the feedback! Meant to respond much earlier but was out of town and then had to go back to college ugh haha

The sub ohm was definitely too much to handle at first. Now that's it's been over a month I have been using my Nautilus mini as my main tank but I switch to the kanger sub every 3-4 trips I make to vape. That way i am slowly getting used to it.

I am still trying out lots of flavors but I do really like Johnsons creeks plantanna and Mt bakers ecto cooler and blu ice. So I have been definitely making progress. I also found this nice and big smoke shop right down the street from me and they have tons of different vapor flavors. The cool thing is they will let you try any flavor they have! So going to be going there when they are less busy at night and try a bunch!

Thanks again for all your help! I will be creating a new thread here soon on making my own coils and using a regulated mod, the istick 30w. Have more research to before asking a bunch of questions.

Varrot

Nov 29, 2015
Yeah, don't be trying to put cheap PG heavy liquids in a sub ohm tank with sub ohm coils....

Keep those for your ego / blu and Nautilus mini.

And don't try to put VG heavy liquids in a blu / ego or even Nautilus mini if they are 70VG...

Nautilus will handle 50VG/50PG well but anything with more VG I'd go for the sub ohm tank and replace the fat bore drip tip with a narrower one perhaps...

for the sub ohm tanks you really have to pick the right liquids for them and half your nicotine levels too...

I use cheap liquids for my ego / evod and Nautilus. Premium liquids up to 50/50 for my Nautilus mini and then anything higher VG for my sub ohm tank and coil. I assume you understand the reasoning behind this, if you don't just ask.

Nautilus, most people's sweet spot is around 15 watts going lower or higher for a cooler or warmer vape.

Heavy VG liquids in sub tank if you're starting like most of us at .5ohms, then between 25 watts and 30 watts...
Just curious, when you are taking about the drip tip are you talking about the mouthpiece? Because I think that's my biggest issue with the subtank. That mouthpiece is so big and I get a lot of heat coming through it! Wish it was smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread