new and renewed mini 14500s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
I like the RM2 best on it.. though I have a regular cyclone with drip tip coming.

I see what you did there, putting several O-rings on the milled out bottom......smart! On the other hand I'd probably have the urge to polish and shine the :censored: out of it and make it stand out!

Reactions: Debadoo

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Maybe this will sound strange, but the REO OG mini was, for me, sort of like your first love that you *never really get over*.......can't get over. :lol:

It's my favorite mod of ALL TIME.

to be honest, I would not have quit smoking without the OG mini, in many ways it changed my life. I owned all the other reos (grand, 2.0, 2.1, VV Grand) as well as all the other popular non-REO mods.........and could not help but kept going back to the OG Mini every time. Really can't explain it.

If i was a film maker, I"d make a humorous "short" film, a Rom Com, where the girl can't get rid of the mini no matter what she does, maybe like the movie What About Bob, where the shrink can't get rid of the patient who keeps coming back and back and back.

If I were Andy Warhol, I would NOT have done the Cambell's Soup Can......I would have done a lithograph of a REO MINI.

Yeah, its crazy, I'm like "ga-ga" for the tiny mini. It''s iconic for me, like the Morton salt Girl. !!!!!

I don't own one at the moment, but maybe I will again.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Maybe this will sound strange, but the REO OG mini was, for me, sort of like your first love that you *never really get over*.......can't get over. :lol:

It's my favorite mod of ALL TIME.

to be honest, I would not have quit smoking without the OG mini, in many ways it changed my life. I owned all the other reos (grand, 2.0, 2.1, VV Grand) as well as all the other popular non-REO mods.........and could not help but kept going back to the OG Mini every time. Really can't explain it.

If i was a film maker, I"d make a humorous "short" film, a Rom Com, where the girl can't get rid of the mini no matter what she does, maybe like the movie What About Bob, where the shrink can't get rid of the patient who keeps coming back and back and back.

If I were Andy Warhol, I would NOT have done the Cambell's Soup Can......I would have done a lithograph of a REO MINI.

Yeah, its crazy, I'm like "ga-ga" for the tiny mini. It''s iconic for me, like the Morton Salt Girl. !!!!!

I don't own one at the moment, but maybe I will again.

Nicely written!

Now ya know there's only one cure for that ailment... reosmods.com and order a handfull of random minis ASAP!

Haha

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Man, that IS tiny. I haven't seen one. If you get a chance, I'd love to see it right next to the Grand, too! Super-cute...I don't THINK I'm getting one, but it is certainly cool...who knows.
:D

edit - nevermind. posted before catching up, lol.

View attachment 467744 One for now... too many to follow later.

I hold it with 2 fingers on the side for the grip.

View attachment 467743

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
A super bright light should of beamed the box when u opened it with a loud "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh" haha

... like Marcellus Wallace's soul

pulpfiction.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Mine came today as well. Next to an 18650 & 14500 battery. My first REO, figured it had to sport a new Chalic 3. Not sure if I should go with the black delrin button or stick with the SS? Smaller then my iStick 30 and Egrip OLED, but larger in flavor.

My sincere thanks to SuperX, for exposing me to all the pluses of BF sqonking, and of course to ROB, who is still proving we can make superior products right here in the USA!

All I can say so far is AWESOME!!!

View attachment 467807

Thank you bro. Yes, those new minis are bad ayuss little mods. I saw one once and they are tiny. I thought my first REO - a mini 2.0 was small but those 14500 models are super stealth.
Congrats on your mod and welcome :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
When I got the pristine 2011 Mini back in March I quickly became quite attached to it, bought a new Hornet for it and have been happy with the combo. But I learned something last night after the new Mini 1.0 came. I had put a Chalice II on it first, a good match up about on par with the Hornet on the other Mini. Later last night I changed to a Chalice III V1 on the Mini 1.0 and found THE atty for the Mini 14500's IMO. It's been doing an amazing job rocking Wakonda all night/morning on the same batt. For my use anyway the CIII paired up with the Mini is way better in every way than either the Hornet or CII on them is. (Edit out... a CIII can't be used on the 2011 Mini, I knew that, forgot.) These two Mini's won't just be for my wee hours walks and night errands anymore.

Anyway, if you've got a Chalice III and a Mini, give the combo a try. Or if you buy a Mini consider also getting a Chalice III for it. You might just be pleasantly surprised and decide to keep them together as well. :)

mini10s.jpg

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Polished brass mini. Very shiny. Quite the little jewel! Packs a little punch too! Hard to photograph because they take on the image of their surroundings. LOL

da5c7962e0b11f38e9819b13b14fa0db.jpg

90ff0af90a8b42ebba89b5df84bef22b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

It is really fun to take pics with more than one polished! The reflection factor can make pictures quite interesting!

Yours is a beauty no matter what image it reflects!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
It really does karen! Had to put it on the floor to get the least amount of reflection to try and show the brass. Still didnt get it. LOL The polished brass is really brilliant.

It has a nice solid feel as well.

Job well done Rob! [emoji4]

Mommabird62

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
It really does karen! Had to put it on the floor to get the least amount of reflection to try and show the brass. Still didnt get it. LOL The polished brass is really brilliant.

It has a nice solid feel as well.

Job well done Rob! [emoji4]

Mommabird62

For one pic taken a few years ago, I stood in front of them and caught the reflection of my shirt!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
For one pic taken a few years ago, I stood in front of them and caught the reflection of my shirt!

Kewl! I tried taking a pic of it in my hand but was getting the reflection of my iphone. LOL

Mommabird62

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
When I got the pristine 2011 Mini back in March I quickly became quite attached to it, bought a new Hornet for it and have been happy with the combo. But I learned something last night after the new Mini 1.0 came. I had put a Chalice II on it first, a good match up about on par with the Hornet on the other Mini. Later last night I changed to a Chalice III V1 on the Mini 1.0 and found THE atty for the Mini 14500's IMO. It's been doing an amazing job rocking Wakonda all night/morning on the same batt. For my use anyway the CIII paired up with the Mini is way better in every way than either the Hornet or CII on them is. So it will stay on it I think and I'll probably move another CIII to the 2011 Mini sometime today as well. Will put the Hornet and CII on Mini 2.1's instead. These two Mini's won't just be for my wee hours walks and night errands anymore.

Anyway, if you've got a Chalice III and a Mini, give the combo a try. Or if you buy a Mini consider also getting a Chalice III for it. You might just be pleasantly surprised and decide to keep them together as well. :)

Totally agree, when I began my homework for buying the Reo Mini (when Rob announced another run of 14500's), I knew I wanted to buy a single RDA/RBA for it. Lurking in the Catfish thread, there are a lot of choices for the larger 18560 Grand type mods. But a lot less ideal size choices for a 14500. I spent a lot of time on the web getting dimensions for the tiny 14mm type atomizers along with drawing out the dimensions of the 14500 mini on paper, as I had never seen one in person. Getting opinions from owners of both Mini's and atomizers. I wanted an atty that had AFC, and not overhang or look to big on a mini. I excluded other small ones, only because they lacked the AFC option, but would be fine for many that end up liking the airflow, or don't mind drilling a larger one if needed. Ones like the RM2, Hornet as you mentioned, ERA, non-AFC version of the Cyclone (AFC verizon adds too much width). Some of these like the RM2 were a lot less expensive.

While I had no plans to spend so much for an atty, almost as much as the mod, choices when narrowed down, were slim. Granted we all know most of the vapor/flavor is produced from the atty, so it's purchase is as, or more important then the battery device. I could see and hear by the written and video reviews that as far as machining, the Chalice was in a class by itself. Since I'm more about flavor, then clouds I figured I could justify the purchase if I could just pick the single best one, and hopefully be satisfied and not end up wanting to keep buying and trying attys. I believe the homework paid off, the Chalice 3, is a metal work of art, and while I don't have much atty wise, to compare it to, I could not be happier with the vape! If you can afford one, they come highly recommended and FIT the 14500 perfectly.

Now when I get into the 18650 BF mods, the fun will start again, and the homework harder, a lot more choices, some of these vapors buy and try 22mm atties daily. A great hobby if you have the time and money! Time for a VAPE!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've found heaven after messing around with the rm2!! Haha

I've had 2 in storage for years un used and I built one for the mini as its the only small atty at 5 the time. At 1.2ohm it was not bad using a 2mm coil.

Then I played around with the other one. This time building a .9ohm coil using a 2.5mm rod from the coil master with 28 gage wire.

Wow!! Seriously??? Wow! Must of hit the sweet spot or close cause I can't stop vaping it!!

Might even sell off everything else it's thst good!

Would be extremely happy if it came in stainless steel.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hard to photograph because they take on the image of their surroundings. LOL
that's fantastic!! A chameleon mini!!! Love the 2nd pic especially, a new look all the time just by setting it next to something kewl. :)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
In regards to those accused, or accidentally become what is known in Reo Land as "BUTTON MASHERS":

This idea was someone else's, in an older Reo thread, just tried it and thought I'd re-share it. Pushing the Reo button to hard, too far down, is not great for the fire pin, nor the battery spring over time. My Chalice RBA is so quite it's almost impossible to here the atty firing, so I was concerned myself about constant over pressing of the button, which is easier as well if like me you use a button cover. If you place an O-Ring below the button cover, it forms a limiter on how far down you can press. Since I could not find the original post, I did not know what size O-Ring to use. Went through all my tank rings, flashlight rings, and then remembered the extra ring I bought with the 3ml bottle. Fits perfectly over the pin switch, but more importantly allows my atty to fire at just the point where it bottoms out on the ring, no longer potentially driving both pin and battery down any further. Added bonus, you don't have to give button pressing pressure a second thought, we all have different finger pressure, now just PRESS as you please with no worry of damage to the device parts.

Over geeky, perhaps, but it took me 30 seconds to install, and if a bit OCD like me, it looks better installed, then stock, as I did not like the look of the large gap between the button cap and base of mod, this fills it a bit, I understand the fire pin needs travel and the cap can only be drilled out so deep. I just find its an added look thing if that matters to anyone. So that's my 1,000 words, should have just posted this picture instead:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread