Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks Walter and SteamStack! Now I can kick back and enjoy my new REO!
Glad you got it workin great and are enjoying it!! Things like that happen. But everyone is here to help. Being tenacious is a huge help!! good for you!

Karen, that's gorgeous!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
REOS MINI 14500 OWNERS:
Haka Meter. 3 modes, Voltage/Ohms/Watts 14mm, 510/Ego.

This looks like an interesting tool for manual mods, since other then device and vapor feedback, knowing when your battery is running low, is IMPORTANT, as you don't want to run them down too low. That number is remaining battery VOLTAGE. Under load (when firing your atty), is perhaps the best indicator, and while sitting NO load, is also a decent indicator, but will show a slightly higher voltage. Doing this with a multi-meter is inconvenient at best. I thought this device might be quick and easy, just screw it on top of your mod's 510 connection. I'm mostly interested in getting a quick idea voltage wise how much battery life I have left before swapping out batteries. The lowest voltage you should swap batteries out is sometimes debated, many battery specs say lowest is 2.5 volts, most don't like to let their batteries get below 3.0 volts, and most notice their vapor diminish after getting lower then approx. 3.5 - 3.6. This might be a good quick way to know whenever you are curious or in doubt.

I've seen clear and colored versions of 510 battery voltage readers (Eleaf etc.), most ONLY read voltage, cost approx. $15, and come in a 22mm size, these may be fine for most mods, but NOT on the tiny Reo Mini 14500 (would certainly hit button cover).

What separates this brand, is it's 14mm diameter, and should fit fine on a 14500 Mini, and has the three measurements, voltage, ohms, wattage. Double checking ohms while using isn't a bad thing either, as atty post screws do loosen themselves up at times too.

I just bought two of these in black. They make a silver version too. I've seen them as cheap as $10/each. Some sites list the ohms range as "unlimited", this site shows down to a .7 ohm limit. Not many reviews, but from the little I could find, it is not ideal for low ohm vapors, and did not work on really low ohm builds. Not an issue for me, and the wattage and voltage ranges would still be fine. Some of you may have seen this, just sharing it for those who have not.

Haka Meter Voltage/Ohms/Watts Tester - Black

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I Just got the polished brass, and the black one. I have not taken any pic's yet, but I will later. I have seen the pictures of them, but until you hold one, you just don't realize how small these things are. I have a Bic lighter that is taller than these are. I had to read back some to make sure the Chalice III and the cyclone would work on these, good to see that they do, they are all I have. I don't have my batteries yet so all I can do is look at them. I tried to get a polish brass of another devise about 3 months ago, and failed the F5 battle. I now am a happy vaper, this little black one just might be the one I take to work with me, I think it will be perfect. :)

KAS

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Congrats Kas,
The anodized black goes with everything. Got a red metallic door today to dress it up a bit.

image.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Congrats Kas,
The anodized black goes with everything. Got a red metallic door today to dress it up a bit.

View attachment 469922

Looks good, I should have my batteries tomorrow, can't wait to try these. Here is some proof that I have them. :)

KAS

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
HA! I was just trying to find some items, to show size comparison with, and now my REO line up as of right now. :)

KAS
Very respectable collection for a brandy new reo owner!!!

The quarters gone, and now there are 4 woodies! Are you a MAGICIAN? :)
He may have used a replicator.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I don't think anyones mentioned it.. but what's the weight of that brass mini??

Full Juice, Battery, Cyclone and Drip tip - 249g

Mod, door and brass button - 207g
Door - 26g

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Full Juice, Battery, Cyclone and Drip tip - 249 grams = 8.78 ounces

Mod, door and brass button - 207 grams = 7.30 ounces

Door - 26g grams = .91 ounces

Anodized aluminum Mini 14500, AW 14500 battery, 3ml juice bottle full, Chalice 3, on top.
WEIGHT: 123.5 grams = 4.35 ounces

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
REOS MINI 14500 OWNERS:
Haka Meter. 3 modes, Voltage/Ohms/Watts 14mm, 510/Ego.

This looks like an interesting tool for manual mods, since other then device and vapor feedback, knowing when your battery is running low, is IMPORTANT, as you don't want to run them down too low. That number is remaining battery VOLTAGE. Under load (when firing your atty), is perhaps the best indicator, and while sitting NO load, is also a decent indicator, but will show a slightly higher voltage. Doing this with a multi-meter is inconvenient at best. I thought this device might be quick and easy, just screw it on top of your mod's 510 connection. I'm mostly interested in getting a quick idea voltage wise how much battery life I have left before swapping out batteries. The lowest voltage you should swap batteries out is sometimes debated, many battery specs say lowest is 2.5 volts, most don't like to let their batteries get below 3.0 volts, and most notice their vapor diminish after getting lower then approx. 3.5 - 3.6. This might be a good quick way to know whenever you are curious or in doubt.

I've seen clear and colored versions of 510 battery voltage readers (Eleaf etc.), most ONLY read voltage, cost approx. $15, and come in a 22mm size, these may be fine for most mods, but NOT on the tiny Reo Mini 14500 (would certainly hit button cover).

What separates this brand, is it's 14mm diameter, and should fit fine on a 14500 Mini, and has the three measurements, voltage, ohms, wattage. Double checking ohms while using isn't a bad thing either, as atty post screws do loosen themselves up at times too.

I just bought two of these in black. They make a silver version too. I've seen them as cheap as $10/each. Some sites list the ohms range as "unlimited", this site shows down to a .7 ohm limit. Not many reviews, but from the little I could find, it is not ideal for low ohm vapors, and did not work on really low ohm builds. Not an issue for me, and the wattage and voltage ranges would still be fine. Some of you may have seen this, just sharing it for those who have not.

Haka Meter Voltage/Ohms/Watts Tester - Black
I got one yesterday. On all my mods with fully charged batteries, it read one Volt
Lower than actual. Like 3.3 volts. All charged batteries, on my mech, and on both my APVs which showed 4.2 volts on the units. Not good.

Edit: also, you have to hold down the button for it to cycle through modes, and it's kinda slow to do that. I melted a coil yesterday trying to use it lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread