hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I recently was given the opportunity to try three new flavors from aroma. They are Punch Orange. Cranberry Kiss, and Creamsicle. There has been some discussion about aroma offering an orange flavor so I thought I'd share my take on these two orange flavors and the cranberry.

The Punch Orange is my favorite of the three. The flavor reminds me of an orange drink like Sunny Delight or Tang. I really like it quite a bit. The orange flavor is very up front and not subdued at all. It tasted good in a dripper and an aspire mini vivi. The "punch" flavor seemed a little more evident in the clearo. I truly hope that this is put on the menu for ordering.

A close second was the Cranberry Kiss. It is also a very up front flavor. It is sour and tastes like cranberry. The tartness takes a little getting used to but I very much enjoyed this one and would order it if it becomes available.

Third and finally is the creamsicle. To me the orange flavor of the creamsicle is obvious but the cream side was lacking. I'm sure with a little experimenting that this one could be a good flavor but as it is now, I probably wouldn't order it. I sampled it in a dripper and just didn't get that creamy finish that I was expecting.

I don't have the gift that some others do at giving detailed descriptions of flavors but did my best. Take it for what it's worth.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    I too had some fun being a lab rat (I use the term with a grateful smile) for some new Red Tail flavors��. I really like this job!! Thanks Ms Chris, for encouraging me to post. Been biting at the bit!

Here's a couple opinions. I tested all new flavors on a dripper, with a 1.5 coil, right around 3.5 and freshcoiled with Cotton Cello.

What I consistantly find amazing about Aroma's flavors, is their complexity. Even if I taste something that is not my "favorite" (as taste is subjective), I always appreciate the quality and obvious for thought. So here we go:

Blackberry Mint

At first when I looked at the bottle, I thought "well, I'll give it a try, but I'm not head over heals with Blackberries." I eat quite a few in the summer as we have an abundance of them here but it's not my favorite fruit. Then I opened the bottle and took a sniff. Smells like perfectly ripe blackberries. And then there was the treat of vaping it. From start to finish, it's about big flavor! A big ole mouthful of ripe blackberries (perhaps a touch of raspberry?), followed by a cooling mint. Very, very pleasant. TH is not in the P-38 league but it is moderately there. The flavor is good enough to over-ride the need for a huge TH. Kind of reminds me of my initial reaction to Mint, Mango (before even tasting it, I thought that it was too fruity for me and that heavy VG liquids were too blah for me). I really dig this big flavor. Perhaps the blackberries I had been eating were not ripe?? Hmmmm��

Licorice Ice
    The Licorice Ice is really, really tasty!! I've tried another company's version, back in the day before I found Aroma and it was child's play in comparison. It is very smooth yet very big flavor. Spot on for black licorice with only a tiny bit of sweetness. There are "licorice lovers" and "licorice candy lovers." This fits in the "licorice lovers" category. Spot on! Nice taste after exhale as well. Not much of a throat hit. As you might recall, I'm a menthol lover��. Am wondering if a teensy tiny bit more menthol/mint might be helpful? Or would it turn off those that like less menthol/mint?
    I'm really excited about this one!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MsChris

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    oh....my.....

licorice AND menthol? in one juice? from aroma,even? :toast:

did i stroke out or did i really just read that?.....
    YES! Plus it's the RedTail Line! (80/20). Actually thought about you Gutter (our anti-PG friend). while tasting them. It's a keeper, as long as there are enough black licorice junkies out there.

All of the juice flavors I tasted are RedTail possibilities. Might santa send Ms Chris an email on the website and beg her to try this one......at least.

Reactions: MsChris

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    YES! Plus it's the RedTail Line! (80/20). Actually thought about you Gutter (our anti-PG friend). while tasting them.�� It's a keeper, as long as there are enough black licorice junkies out there.

All of the juice flavors I tasted are RedTail possibilities. Might santa send Ms Chris an email on the website and beg her to try this one......at least.

hot dog!!!
    non super sweet licorice is one of my favorite things ever. menthol is also one of my favorite things ever. i've got a sneaking suspicion i will be wearing that stuff out (provided i can get a hold of it :p).

now if we could just get to work on that ashtray juice and some lower nic stuff for the drippers.hint, hint...wink,wink...nudge,nudge...

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    hot dog!!!
    non super sweet licorice is one of my favorite things ever. menthol is also one of my favorite things ever. i've got a sneaking suspicion i will be wearing that stuff out (provided i can get a hold of it :p).

now if we could just get to work on that ashtray juice and some lower nic stuff for the drippers.hint, hint...wink,wink...nudge,nudge...

YES to some lower nicotene options!! With the invention of new efficient atomizers (Kayfuns) and the old standby of dripping/squonking, not to mention the infusion of WTA, many of us are requiring less nicotene. Not saying that higher nicotene juices should go away (if there is a market) but I think there is a market for say 6 mg with WTA. I would also dig not having to cut P-38 down to 12 by using another juice. Plan sinful.

What Nic level are you thinking Gutter?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Guess we best keep our eyes peeled for new flavors being made available.

Speaking of "peeled," I really liked the Orange Punch too. The Creamsicle was a bit more punchy and reminded me of Tang, which I liked. But it was also stronger, and I would bet the average bear would find it had too much kick.��. The Orange Punch tasted more like navel Oranges, which evoked memories of childhood walking thru orange groves (actually hiding in the groves smoking cigs and drinking booze...Ha Ha...but I digress)! Even the wif I got when I opened the bottle was....well...like oranges. Nice throat hit but also a smooth flavorful Vape. I would definitely try it folks if it comes out as a keeper.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    Arizona, Ecuador
    Guess we best keep our eyes peeled for new flavors being made available.

Speaking of "peeled," I really liked the Orange Punch too. The Creamsicle was a bit more punchy and reminded me of Tang, which I liked. But it was also stronger, and I would bet the average bear would find it had too much kick.��. The Orange Punch tasted more like navel Oranges, which evoked memories of childhood walking thru orange groves (actually hiding in the groves smoking cigs and drinking booze...Ha Ha...but I digress)! Even the wif I got when I opened the bottle was....well...like oranges. Nice throat hit but also a smooth flavorful Vape. I would definitely try it folks if it comes out as a keeper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------:lol:

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    YES to some lower nicotene options!! With the invention of new efficient atomizers (Kayfuns) and the old standby of dripping/squonking, not to mention the infusion of WTA, many of us are requiring less nicotene. Not saying that higher nicotene juices should go away (if there is a market) but I think there is a market for say 6 mg with WTA. I would also dig not having to cut P-38 down to 12 by using another juice. Plan sinful��.

I know this is borderline heretical but,I've been dripping the lower resistance,higher wattage thing exclusively for 3 weeks now and have been using 3 and 6 mg and the 6 is almost too much.
    That's running .9 dual coil in the magma between 22 and 30 watts.
    I've gotten accustomed to the speed,flavor and volume of vapor from that setup and like it so much that I may move over to something similar 24/7. even running a dripper, the speed thing offsets a LOT of the pain in the .... factor.

MsChris

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    YES to some lower nicotene options!! With the invention of new efficient atomizers (Kayfuns) and the old standby of dripping/squonking, not to mention the infusion of WTA, many of us are requiring less nicotene. Not saying that higher nicotene juices should go away (if there is a market) but I think there is a market for say 6 mg with WTA. I would also dig not having to cut P-38 down to 12 by using another juice. Plan sinful��.

With all you favorable comments, Robin, we can get some of that licorice into production. It is going to have to take a back seat to the other two new flavors in our production line so it may be a month or so. Now we have three new flavors coming to the store, Punchy Orange, Cranberry Kiss and Licorice Ice. I think that is all we can handle for the coming months.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    With all you favorable comments, Robin, we can get some of that licorice into production. It is going to have to take a back seat to the other two new flavors in our production line so it may be a month or so. Now we have three new flavors coming to the store, Punchy Orange, Cranberry Kiss and Licorice Ice. I think that is all we can handle for the coming months.

Great info Ms Chris!! Then I won't hoard the Licorice Ice and just go ahead and enjoy it cause there's more to come.
    I think our VG friends are gonna be dancing

MsChris

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Since we're talking about new flavors, I wonder if it'd be possible to make a flavor that tastes like fudge stripe cookies?

Jerry tells me the chocolate/fudge flavors are very tricky. All past trials were bummers. Chocolate, real chocolate, cannot be reduced to a vaping liquid.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    ...Chocolate, real chocolate, cannot be reduced to a vaping liquid.
    That right there is one of the sadder truths in life.

The person whut comes up with a chocolate vape that actually tastes, or even smells for that matter, like chocolate will rule the known world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread