NEW *AW Battery Importers & Exporters of America* (Shipping Worldwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Long Island, NYC, Miami USA
right back at you brian...lol

Thanks for the bump!

Welcome
Ordered 3 AW IMR 18650's

Thanks.

2 - AW 18650 2900 mAh Protected
2 - AW 18650 1600 mAh IMR

Sending PayPal. :thumb:

please bear with me as 14500 IMR and 18650 IMR were sold out at the factory due to global demand until this week. I have Three shipments arriving this and next week. Two of them loaded with IMR cells for ECF members. One of the two IMR bearing packages is arriving via priority international EMS shipping!

Welcome and glad to see your here

thank you, thank you very much. good to be here.

I can see I am needed here.

You guys really need to use AW cells to be safe, and have the best capacities available in these cells.

I find it interesting an AW 1600 Mah cell will outperform any other cell even those stating 2200-3000mah capacities :evil:.

safer and :) longer lasting

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
You should carry the WF-188... it will charge smallest to largest cells Li-ion, LiFePO4, LiMN

ya i would like to try the wf-188 charger

I will look it up, and order it. I have three chargers I carry, two on the way now. One in stock already the WF139 is my favorite but wont charge LifePo4, it will charge anything else 450mah and up, 2 at a time... I will carry the 188 if thats what you guys want. I will start a thread for chargers in accessories I guess once all three are in.

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
I have in stock the WF 139

On the way in package number three, Via Priority international EMS shipping are also

WF-138 R123 charger for both LiFePO4 and 3.7V r123s

WF-130 10440/14500 charger.

I will also get you guys the WF-188 if it checks out, Its more expensive but seems to take the place of two chargers.

Keep in mind that most incidents involving cells takes place during charging. The more switches on a charger the more room for error.

IE: the WF 139 has no switches, hence no human errors can be made.

I like 3 - 6 layers of safety when dealing with cells. Intelligent, Automatic cutoff chargers, no switches, Protection circuits on BOTH LiCo cells and in the charger for under and over voltage protection.

The only incidents I have ever heard of is when Advanced users dealing with Rechargeable cells, set their Advanced $300 hobby grade chargers on two or more cells by accident, then attempt to charge only one cell.:danger:

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
You should carry the WF-188... it will charge smallest to largest cells Li-ion, LiFePO4, LiMN

ya i would like to try the wf-188 charger

Ok I have done my research. I spoke with the manufacturer of AW cells. Here is his response:
Say, what is your opinon of the WF-188? Its more money but seems to replace two chargers..

You can do a search in CPF to see the review of the WF-188. I myself have decided against it and won't carry them due to the fact that the contacts are bad and can easily dislodge a cell with a slight bump. The copper sliding contact is not good also. Oxidation will increase contact resistance which will have an impact of the ending voltage. You may buy one and see for yourself.

Higher cost too....I could carry this charger with a warning.... but I doubt I will. :danger:

Last edited:

Pyloric Thinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Campbell, CA
I think you made the right choice Wonder. I happened to read some of the problems people were experiencing on CPF. Modding a charger is really not an option for me as do I think it is for most (though some would try I'm sure) With the WF-139 would your 16340 bays be activated? I bought this charger from deals extreme and the top bays were not activated. Thank you.

Also, I understand you are waiting on IMR, but I ordered standard Lithium and have yet to receive a shipping notice. Does this mean those are out of stock as well? I don't mean to pry, but I pm'd and didn't feel I got a clear explanation. Also any thoughts on doing a website in the near future? I think this would help you to keep track of your stock as well as simplifying your ordering process. Just a thought. Thanks!

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
I think you made the right choice Wonder. I happened to read some of the problems people were experiencing on CPF. Modding a charger is really not an option for me as do I think it is for most (though some would try I'm sure) With the WF-139 would your 16340 bays be activated? I bought this charger from deals extreme and the top bays were not activated. Thank you.

Also, I understand you are waiting on IMR, but I ordered standard Lithium and have yet to receive a shipping notice. Does this mean those are out of stock as well? I don't mean to pry, but I pm'd and didn't feel I got a clear explanation. Also any thoughts on doing a website in the near future? I think this would help you to keep track of your stock as well as simplifying your ordering process. Just a thought. Thanks!

There are two slots for charging two 16340/CR123 ONLY, but not only are they not needed, they dont work unless modified. I don't mod my chargers or open them but its easy I hear. Not something i would attempt though. When using the WF 139 every compatible size battery fits in the two side by side channels except 16430/CR123. Solution, two $1.75 charging spacers. one per channel if charging two cells at the same time. Made of High quality alcoa aluminum they offer zero resistance and thats what I use. I have another charger that will charge lifep04 and CR123 without spacers as well but I prefer the WF 139. With spacers it will charge almost every cell I carry. I have these spacers in stock. Alternatively I can provide a link with how to activate the two bays, if your handy with electronics and a soldering iron.

The first package should contain almost every out of stock LiCo cell and your order will ship same day I get them. They left NY for Miami the day before.

About two sizes of cells of both IMR and LiCo were out of stock at the factory until last week. thats why I have three huge shipments arriving this and next week. One package is coming via EMS priority international shipping with the freshly manufactured cells, both IMR and LiCO, to fill demand for IMR and Any orders that are waiting on all or part of the order.:facepalm:

Our stock of these few cell sizes ran out quickly as we became the only people to have these sizes recently. I am also going to increase the amount of cells we have on hand. I would store even more in case of future additional global shortages of any size, but I want the cells I ship out to be fresh.

Did I forget to mention these cells last 1 - 3 years or 1,000 charges whichever comes first.(depending on how you care for them) I replace all LiCO and IMR cells every 16-24 months for max capacity, or earlier if discharged below 3.5 volts more than once or deeply discharged to like 2.0 volts. Think laptop batteries. Lico cells degrade over time so I only sell the freshest AW cells.

I strongly suggest everyone read the battery guide link in my signature, all this info and so much more is in there.
Read the part about cells with links etc, My friend from CPF spent alot of time writing that. If you read that you will know as much as I do, well almost :) the author taught me more than half what I know about cells and flashlights. The other link in post 1 has more info on lithium based rechargeable cells and a variety of them.

Your right I need a website. One with a shopping cart would make my life much easier.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
Ok I have done my research. I spoke with the manufacturer of AW cells. Here is his response:

Say, what is your opinon of the WF-188? Its more money but seems to replace two chargers..
You can do a search in CPF to see the review of the WF-188. I myself have decided against it and won't carry them due to the fact that the contacts are bad and can easily dislodge a cell with a slight bump. The copper sliding contact is not good also. Oxidation will increase contact resistance which will have an impact of the ending voltage. You may buy one and see for yourself

Higher cost too....I could carry this charger with a warning.... but I doubt I will. :danger:

Well IMO this is an untrue statement. I have had this charger in heavy almost constant use for over 6 months and have not ran into any problems of the such. and oxidation causeing resistance would be a very simple fix with a tiny piece of sandpaper. It was just a suggestion, you can do as you will, but rather than take everyones opinions I would suggest you try one yourself and find out first hand... my :2c:

BTW shoot me a PM when you get the IMR 18350's would like to get a bunch... that is the battery I want to power my next mod I produce :)
(sorry for posting in your thread, I guess I prob shouldn't but I do want some of your batts)

Thanks, Brad

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Last edited:

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
can I add another imr 18650 battery to my existing order? I sent an email(including the paypal transaction number), but thougt i'd post here for you too. If ok, I'll send you another 9.50

yes, thank you.

Thanks for posting it in the thread here where it belongs as well. I dont see paypal activity, My father does that then ships.. I just do the thread.

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
Thanks buddy...sent you a PM

That should work fine with protected LiCo cells. I hope you and everyone owns a digital multimeter for 6$ to check your voltages. 3.5 is dead. 4.2 is full as long your cells come off the charger at 4.2 or less your fine.

Use caution with older chargers when charging unprotected IMR cells!

please read this guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread