NEW *AW Battery Importers & Exporters of America* (Shipping Worldwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Long Island, NYC, Miami USA
Couple of questions:

Do have the AW IMR 18650s in stock

Is this charger OK? I have used it for all my standard batts for over a year with no issues but now Im using IMRs...
Tenergy Multi Charger for Li-ion Cylindrical Batteries - eBay (item 290526426348 end time Jan-30-11 16:21:12 PST)

ALL the IMR 18650 cells in the next shipment are now already sold. I have another shipment after that of even more of these cells, you may order now and we will ship it the day it comes in. Expect a slight delay.
I cannot suggest any chargers I dont own personally or carry. Be advised this may be ok for IMR and Lion cells, but do not charge Lion cells with a capacity of less than 600mah or you will have big problems.

I suggest you read the link in my Sig, and purchase a digital multi meter to monitor your cells health.

It looks just like the WF139 We carry and I recommend.

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Please be advised no IMR cells have Protection circuits. Two reasons: safer chemistry IMR don't need them to prevent fire or explosion. Second, a protection circuit Would create to much resistance. The protection circuit (PCB) would Fry.
DO NOT DISCHARGE BELOW 3.5 volts!

I am using a Pila IBCT charger with these IMR cells and I certainly want protected batteries!
I don't understand can you tell me in laymans terms please?

IMR cells do not require under and over voltage protection because if abused or overcharged they wont "vent with flame" like Li-ion cells can. Thus no need for a protection circuit.

Worst case scenario with IMR cells, loss of capacity and/or a little leakage of electrolyte.

And No need to throw IMR cells away if they pass below 3.5 volts. They can go as low as 3.0 volts for a short time once in a while.

Also the 2900mah 18650 P LiCo cells new NNP technology means it also can pass down to 3.0 volts without permanent damage if recharged quickly.

Caution :

- Do not over-discharge/overcharge;
- Recharge empty batteries ( resting voltage below ~3.6V ) as soon as possible. Leaving LiIon batteries in discharged state will incur irreversible damage ( capacity / cycle loss );
- Do not short circuit ( will release tremendous current );
- Do not dispose of in fire.

Your order will be shipping this week

It was delayed by Bad weather here in NY, Chinese new Year, even more Snow, And the factory didn't have any until monday of last week making an order impossible until recently.We ran out before the factory could resupply us.

Sorry for the delay

Your Pila charger is the best money can buy and will work perfectly with these cells. I will try to get these chargers. I own one myself.

Jason

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for telling me that. I am so relieved!
Some broad says she's a distributor wouldn't answer one single question about the Pila charger
except to say you can't use it with those batteries. That isn't true right?
No recommendation not a single question answered.
So I hate to ask you but would you know how, I can use those screw in extenders to use it with cr123's
or the smaller 10440's?
I'm not worried about how long the battery shipment takes but I'm glad they will ship out next week!
No problems about delays all this snow here has ruined everyone's plans I bet!
Thanks

The pila charger will charge an IMR 18650 no problem.

Its the best charger for that.

even with the two screw in posts you will need two charging spacers in that charger for RCR123, I sell them 1.75 each.

I dont think an IMR 10440 will fit. But if it does its ok also.

CAUTION: a LiCo 10440 (330mah) will explode on a pila charger.
Do not use the pila charger with any LiCo cells with a MAH capacity less than 600mah

this is not true for IMR as they can be charged 5 times faster.

this info would be really good to talk about in the thread so others can learn also. (posted)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
ALL the IMR 18650 cells in the next shipment are now already sold. I have another shipment after that of even more of these cells, you may order now and we will ship it the day it comes in. Expect a slight delay.
I suggest you read the link in my Sig, and purchase a digital multi meter to monitor your cells health.

It looks just like the WF139 We carry and I recommend.

Thanks for the response. You got the best prices around but my need is time sensitive but I'll be back when your able get some in stock...thanks again.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
1. I could use about 4 new IMR 18650's myself when do you expect to have these back in stock ?

2. Do you for see AW coming out with a higher mAh IMR anytime soon in the 18650's & the 16340's or is this the highest they will ever be able to achieve in this chemistry with this power cell ?

3. Do you ever see yourself carrying the Readilast power cells, I have been using the 18650's in this power cell and also really like them as much as my AW's ?

Thanks,

MWA

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
1. I could use about 4 new IMR 18650's myself when do you expect to have these back in stock ?

2. Do you for see AW coming out with a higher mAh IMR anytime soon in the 18650's & the 16340's or is this the highest they will ever be able to achieve in this chemistry with this power cell ?

3. Do you ever see yourself carrying the Readilast power cells, I have been using the 18650's in this power cell and also really like them as much as my AW's ?

Thanks,

MWA

1 5-8 business days.

Aw cells have the highest mah capacity of any size cell, in any given chemistry. If another company, especially chinese, claims to have more power, I wouldn't believe it. a 1900 mah Cell from AW has more capacity then an off brand 3000. AW does not overstate capacity unlike everyone else.

2 we come out with New size cells all the time, also new battery chemistries also come out often. Capacities go up everytime technology allows. For example in the last year I now have 3 capacity LiCo 18650 cells come out and carry them all at the same time. Protected LiCo 18650 AW are 2200, 2600, and now NNP cells are 2900 and heat resistant, and can goto a lower voltage. http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-data/pdf2/ACI4000/ACI4000CE17.pdf

3 I gotta research this first. Was not Aware of them, also

im looking for an IMR 10440. However if an IMR 10440 claims to have more than 200mah capacity Id say its not true.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

Thanks,

MWA

Wonderlite, I think you misinterpreted my question about higher mAh, it was specific to the AW IMR, I already now there of the highest quality Batts along with Redilast which are pretty much the same as the AW in my eyes and the only two companies power cells I will use. My question was all about the AW IMR specific and if you have heard of or know if this specific Batt 18650 & 16340 will ever be available in a higher mAh rating in the IMR specific chemistry ?, nothing to do with any other brand but just the AW IMR and whether this chemistry will allow for a higher mAh or it is peaked at there current 1600mAh on the 18650 and 550mAh on the 16340 ?

Thanks

and please let me know what you think of the Redilast when you get a chance and whether you will carry these as well.?

Wonderlite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wonderlite, I think you misinterpreted my question about higher mAh, it was specific to the AW IMR, I already now there of the highest quality Batts along with Redilast which are pretty much the same as the AW in my eyes and the only two companies power cells I will use. My question was all about the AW IMR specific and if you have heard of or know if this specific Batt 18650 & 16340 will ever be available in a higher mAh rating in the IMR specific chemistry ?, nothing to do with any other brand but just the AW IMR and whether this chemistry will allow for a higher mAh or it is peaked at there current 1600mAh on the 18650 and 550mAh on the 16340 ?

Thanks

and please let me know what you think of the Redilast when you get a chance and whether you will carry these as well.?

I dont see why not. One day yes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread