Status
Not open for further replies.

StudMuffin

Nov 30, 2014
florida

StudMuffin

Nov 30, 2014
florida
StudMuffin what info is on the batt? Any way you can take a pic of the battery in question?

aw imr 18650 2200mah 7.4wh
this is the only info on the battery im starting to think it is a fake which is really horrible since it was supplied to me buy a vape shop i thought they would be more responsible than that it does not look like the authentic aw batteries ive seen online

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was wondering if anyone could offer some help below i am providing a link to an AW battery that i got in one of the first kits i purchased there is not much info printed on them so im not sure of how many amps it is i did not originally buy the kit off of this site i got it at my local vape shop but they had the best picture i could find

$52.72 X6-V2 / Pray 18650 Mod VV/VW APV Starter Kit - 2.5ml / 2.4ohm / 3-6V / 3-15W / mobile power bank function at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I think you can get better kits at the same site at a lower price:
$39.74 Vamo V6 Variable Wattage VW APV Mod w/ CE4 Clearomizers - 1.6ml / 2.4ohm / 3W-20W / US plug battery charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
1959403-7.jpg

20 watt vw vamo with 2 eGo threaded clearos, 2 batts, a needle bottle (handy little thing) and a charger. All for 40 bucks

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I was wondering if anyone could offer some help below i am providing a link to an AW battery that i got in one of the first kits i purchased there is not much info printed on them so im not sure of how many amps it is i did not originally buy the kit off of this site i got it at my local vape shop but they had the best picture i could find

$52.72 X6-V2 / Pray 18650 Mod VV/VW APV Starter Kit - 2.5ml / 2.4ohm / 3-6V / 3-15W / mobile power bank function at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

FT was called out for selling fake aw 18350s a few months ago. It's a bummer that they're still selling fake AWs, especially seeing how they sell authentic samsung, sony, and other cells. Ruins their credibility. Which is justified yet unjustified at the same time lol.

Reactions: Baditude

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
FT was called out for selling fake aw 18350s a few months ago. It's a bummer that they're still selling fake AWs, especially seeing how they sell authentic samsung, sony, and other cells. Ruins their credibility. Which is justified yet unjustified at the same time lol.
This is not the first time they have had a fake battery included in the sale of a starter kit, some of the Hana DNA30 clones came with fake eFest batteries in them. Personally I don't believe this is the fault of FT themselves as they don't even sell any AW batteries individually. Since they get stuff from all over the place I am assuming that the fake batteries were included from whoever they bought the devices from as I have never had an issue with purchasing just batteries by themselves from FT.

Reactions: Baditude

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
This is not the first time they have had a fake battery included in the sale of a starter kit, some of the Hana DNA30 clones came with fake eFest batteries in them. Personally I don't believe this is the fault of FT themselves as they don't even sell any AW batteries individually. Since they get stuff from all over the place I am assuming that the fake batteries were included from whoever they bought the devices from as I have never had an issue with purchasing just batteries by themselves from FT.

Very true. I'm sure the sets are pre packaged and FT just resells them.

But in the case of the fake aw 18350s, they were in their own. Not even in a case iirc. They got blasted in the discussions section. Then poof they were gone. But seeing how huge their site is, I'm sure there are other fakies out there that surface from time to time. Plainly due to the nature of how they conduct business. I support them for certain things, but I don't recommend them to inexperienced vapers. Gotta be scrupulous.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
So what's a realistic safe range of resistance using one of these 18350's? I picked up a pair from Lighthound after I fell in love with the switch on a Smok magneto mod that extends out to run an 18650, or collapses down to use an 18350. Great for stealth vapes and trips to the grocery store that's ~ 10 minutes away. At .5 Ohms, it would be pulling 8.4 A from the battery, should be good to go, right?

Thanks for the info on this thread, by the way. Love seeing this sort of testing being done by people in the community who know what they're doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread