New AW Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kemosabe sir you forget the biggest bonus AW cells have had in the past over LG, Sony, and Samsung- longevity. My Sony VCT4's lost 20% of their capacity after only 231 and 233 charges. They were never ran lower than 3.61v, charged only at .5a on an xtar sp2 charger, never left to sit for more than 24 hours, etc. VCT5 were similar at 226 and 229. Samsung 25r I haven't personally tested but according to even their own tech sheet they should lose 50% capacity after 250 charges. Shortest lasting AW cell I ever had (with proper charging and handling) was 496 charges. Just trying out the new cells, but according to AW they should last >500 charges, and based upon past history will be shocked if they don't.

I have AW's that still work after years of light use. My LG HG2's and Sony VTC6 aren't exactly giving me what I expected. With those I get about 8 hours at 10W in a pico and it's time to charge.

OTOH, Mooch's graphs show the LG HG2, Sony VCT6, and the Samsung 30Q to be the winners in vape time. Go figure. It's all supposed to be about the combination of MAH and amperage. My old AW's specs don't even begin to compare to the specs of the latest and greatest 18650's.

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
How many hours (approx) will a 18490 battery last at 14 watts? All my mods run on 18650's but there is a 18490 stabwood mod that caught my eye, love the small form factor and it's Aulus 50watt chip but I'm hesitant to purchase it because I'm not sure if it will last me most of the day(16hrs). I vape at only 14-15watts max @1.2ohms so if anyone here could offer me some advice.

For clarity all my 18650 mods last me almost 2 full days of moderate to heavy vaping.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
How many hours (approx) will a 18490 battery last at 14 watts? All my mods run on 18650's but there is a 18490 stabwood mod that caught my eye, love the small form factor and it's Aulus 50watt chip but I'm hesitant to purchase it because I'm not sure if it will last me most of the day(16hrs). I vape at only 14-15watts max @1.2ohms so if anyone here could offer me some advice.

For clarity all my 18650 mods last me almost 2 full days of moderate to heavy vaping.
All things being equal based on Mah of the AW 18490 being about half of most of the current 18650 AW's you should be able to get about half the amount of time. I'm not familiar with that particular chip-set so I cannot be 100% on this assessment. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

CLBSD

Feb 12, 2016
Marshall Virginia
AW batts suck. Never again.

You probably didn't get real AWs. The advantage of AW's has always been that what you see (rating etc..) is what you really get. Of course, in the world of batteries "what you see" being equal to "what you get" is a very imperfect goal. But as far as it is humanly possible I believe that AW get closer to this(for the average joe consumer) than any other battery supplier. Realistically speaking, to get better bin A access from the major suppliers you would have to be placing orders like Tesla auto does...

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I currently only use AW 18350's, I use them down to about 3.7V which is where they start lacking power for my atomisers.

Recently I had a mod fall onto the floor (unknown to me) and the firing button got pressed in. It overdischarged down to 0.5V, luckily it did not cause any damage.

I have an XTAR charger so thought I would try (under safe conditions in a LiPo Guard bag) to revive the battery. It did go back up to 1.5V then stopped. Once off the charger it slowly dropped in voltage again without any load. *Note: XTAR recommends only trying to revive batteries which have at least 2.5V remaining.

So the battery was dead and I disposed of it safely, but that's the only issue I've had with them. A couple of really old ones I disposed of when the red insulating covering started wearing off.

The new 800mAh 18350's are ever so slightly longer than the old 700mAh ones, which is good for me as I notice one atomiser with a shorter connector doesn't work with the shorter batteries once I have adjusted the end pin to touch the battery - the atomiser can't quite make contact.

Edit> I should have stated it was an older 700mAh version that I tried to revive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10x sugar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread