Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Right. I thought that rather lengthy post of mine addressed that, especially in the last paragraph. I may have taken too long to make my point.
Perhaps I have misunderstood, but in the last paragraph you talked about 2 brands made by 1 manufacturers, I was pointing out that we are not talking about 2 brands, its one brand,sold by 2 different retailers.

Kind of like I can by the DVD of the Spongebob movie at Walmart, or at Kmart, its the same DVD either place.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I just ordered five of the High Drain Panasonic CGR18650CH 10A 18650 Rechargeable Battery Cell IMR
CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell

and then noticed they had a link to same one with nipple top. "Same Panasonic battery with raised button top upgrade you can buy here"
New! Panasonic CGR18650CH With Top Button, 2250mAh IMR High Drain 18650 Battery Cell-Made in Japan

I'm not going to bother changing order as I have a bunch of different sized rare earth magnets from my BDL days before switching to AW IMR. The BDLs I had were flat topped. Some of my REOs did fine with the flat top and others "preferred" the magnet. I may not need magnets but will use them if needed.

I'm looking forward to these batteries. Our remaining eight 18650 AW IMRs are getting "long in the tooth" so I ordered three of those last month for DH to carry out of town. (Most of the AW IMR 18650 are over a year old. We usually change them out when they get down to 3.8v and always a rest before charging and after charging.) Some of the old AW IMRs I'm only getting a couple of hours satisfaction in Grand and Woodvils. So it is time for replacements even though they are seeing a little less use now that we have VV Woodvils although we usually have one Grand or Woodvil going, each, even when using the VV Woodvils.

I like doing slower charge (lower amp) on all our Lithium cells but site states, "Charging Lithium based cells:

Highly recommended 18650 charger for this high drain cell is here

This 18650 charger will charge CGR18650CH Hybrid IMR at higher current rate (1A) which is an ideal (and much faster) charging environment for IMR, and hybrid IMR cells.

Hybrid High Dicharge IMR batteries are able to accept charge at much higher current rate than regular Li-ion cells."
Fast 18650 li-ion battery charger -dual channel-1A per channel

but I'm going to stick with my X-tar six bay, for now, to keep things simple. (I already have too many chargers to manage.)

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Ordered late this afternoon and have shipping notice. Should see them Monday.:)

I just ordered five of the High Drain Panasonic CGR18650CH 10A 18650 Rechargeable Battery Cell IMR
CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell

and then noticed they had a link to same one with nipple top. "Same Panasonic battery with raised button top upgrade you can buy here"
New! Panasonic CGR18650CH With Top Button, 2250mAh IMR High Drain 18650 Battery Cell-Made in Japan

I'm not going to bother changing order as I have a bunch of different sized rare earth magnets from my BDL days before switching to AW IMR. The BDLs I had were flat topped. Some of my REOs did fine with the flat top and others "preferred" the magnet. I may not need magnets but will use them if needed.

I'm looking forward to these batteries. Our remaining eight 18650 AW IMRs are getting "long in the tooth" so I ordered three of those last month for DH to carry out of town. (Most of the AW IMR 18650 are over a year old. We usually change them out when they get down to 3.8v and always a rest before charging and after charging.) Some of the old AW IMRs I'm only getting a couple of hours satisfaction in Grand and Woodvils. So it is time for replacements even though they are seeing a little less use now that we have VV Woodvils although we usually have one Grand or Woodvil going, each, even when using the VV Woodvils.

I like doing slower charge (lower amp) on all our Lithium cells but site states, "Charging Lithium based cells:

Highly recommended 18650 charger for this high drain cell is here

This 18650 charger will charge CGR18650CH Hybrid IMR at higher current rate (1A) which is an ideal (and much faster) charging environment for IMR, and hybrid IMR cells.

Hybrid High Dicharge IMR batteries are able to accept charge at much higher current rate than regular Li-ion cells."
Fast 18650 li-ion battery charger -dual channel-1A per channel

but I'm going to stick with my X-tar six bay, for now, to keep things simple. (I already have too many chargers to manage.)

Feisty Alice

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Ordered late this afternoon and have shipping notice. Should see them Monday.:)

Alice,

Your wp6 is just fine, if you want to charge 6 cells. If you have wp6 second version that is much better, because Xtar did have some problems with wp6 first version.

There is much more happening (behind the scene) during li-ion battery charging than we think.

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Noticed that there is a 1 and 2 setting on my Xtar WP2-II - 1 is 500mA, and 2 is 1000mA (or 1A)...so can I charge the Panny batteries at this rate? How about AW's?

1000mA is just fine.

2000mA for Panasonic cgr19650ch would be even better.

500mA setting is for smaller size batteries li-ion. It is not recommended to charge 16340 or 14500 at 1000mA

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Thanks Strontium- I will begin charging the larger 18650's at 1A.
What about the 18350's AW IMR's? They are 700mAh...I'm thinking I should still stay at .5A on them but wanted to make sure.

As long as you are 100% sure that you have IMR or high drain battery, you can charge it at 1A (1000mA).

I do not know if your AW 18350 is IMR (AW is hiding datasheet because that battery cell is made by unknown Chinese manufacturer), but if it is then 1A is OK.

Panasonic cgr18650ch can be charged with 2000mA-2500mA w/o problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread