Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Thought I'd post about a new tank someone on this board was good enough to mention.

When I found out that the company, Beyond Vape, is located in So. California, I decided to drive down and pick one up, and see how it performed.

There is quite a bit of buzz about the new, Nautilus Mini and it's Bottom Vertical Coils... great flavor, great vapor production, etc.

I purchased one a few weeks ago, and really liked it. What I wasn't that thrilled about was, one, looks. Not the cleanest looking tank out there, but hey... no big deal.

What was a bigger deal for me was the tight draw. WHY couldn't Aspire have provided at least ONE hole in it's AFC arsenal that was a decent size... 2mm or larger?

Well, Beyond Vape apparently saw the need, and has now filled it, with their Silo tank:

Silo 2.jpg

The package comes with the Silo tank seen above, a beauty ring, two duo coils and two different size drip tips! Not a bad package, for $35.

One drip tip has a very large opening, for lung hits, and the 2nd drip tip is a small bore tip, for mouth to lung hits.

drip tips.jpg

You'll notice that the tank has the same, oversized white gasket that comes on the Nautilus and Nautilus mini... it also fits together tightly, with no leaks (I've only used it for a few hours, but based on my use of the Nautilus, and the fact that this tank seems to use the same gasket and work the same way, I'm optimistic that it also won't leak)

What sets this apart from the Nautilus, however, beyond appearances, is that it comes with 4 hole openings with the largest being (I believe) 2.1mm. This really improves the amount of vapor you get from the vertical coils, and allows for lung hits!

The tank is glass, with about 3/4 of it covered with stainless steel to protect it from breaking in case of a fall. Very good construction all the way around.

Overall, a nice new option for those of you who love the new Aspire Vertical Coils......

Silo Tank.jpg

Features:
  • • 2 drip tips - One large bore drip tip for a more airy draw and one small bore drip tip for stronger taste due to concentration of vapor
  • • Adjustable airflow - Great range of airflow from tight to extra loose
  • • Unique design with overlapping stainless steel cap over glass
  • • 5 ml juice capacity
  • • Works with Silo coils and Nautilus BDC and BVC coils
  • • 22 mm diameter
  • • Stainless steel cap that covers part of the glass for extra protection when dropped at certain angles
  • • Designed in USA

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm really interested in the lite version but want to know if the airflow is the same as the full sized tank. If so I'm in :)

That was my first question to them as well....

Unfortunately, nope. The smaller tank doesn't have a 2.1mm opening......

By the way, last night the Silo got flooded.... I took the bottom off, and where the atty goes was flooded with juice.

I cleaned the juice out, washed the bottom cap and dried it thoroughly. Put the tank back together, and it's been working fine ever since.

It's now been about three hours or so (with about 6 more hours of my being asleep) and it hasn't flooded again, but I did want to let people know that I had that issue.

Haven't had the Nautilus mini or the original Nautilus flood with one of the Vertical coils, so I don't know if this was a one time minor problem, or if it's going to develop into a recurring issue.

Last edited:

maraud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
This is pretty nice... Certainly has a more attractive look than the nautilus...

And could be the first time, at least that I have seen, that a US company made a clone of a Chinese device! :)

I'd be really interested to know if this is fact the case as I poked around some of the Chinese sites and they offer this device. Do they actually manufacture it here? I agree it is a MUCH better looking version. I wish Aspire would offer a "T" tank for the big one like they do for the Mini... While I love the Nautilus I really can't stand how it looks.

EDIT: Just answered my own question. On Beyond Vapes site it says Designed in USA These are as suspected Chinese clones of the Aspire Nautilus with a "US Designed" twist.

Last edited:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Don't know how I missed that one, thanks.

edit: Just watched, nicely done.

I would rather have it come without the drip tips (or maybe just one) and lower the price, as I use my own tips anyway. I have about 30 metal drip tips from varios tanks laying around that never get used.

Last edited:

maraud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
You'd be wrong on that, it was made by the same people that made the nautilus.

Entirely possible I can't comment as I haven't pinged EIGATE. My point was its nit US made it is a clone/derivative product. Which for the record doesn't mean no good. This thread just had the whole but this because it's not from China feel.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I would rather have it come without the drip tips (or maybe just one) and lower the price, as I use my own tips anyway. I have about 30 metal drip tips from varios tanks laying around that never get used.

For what it's worth, they are nice drip tips... I'm not sure how much the tips add to the overall cost. They both complement the tank!

Also, for what it's worth, if you saw the actual tank, and didn't notice the labeling... you'd SWEAR it was made by Aspire! Very nicely made!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I looked at this earlier today and it seemed nice. However, the description on the website didn't specify that the mini accepted the BVCs as well. Do you know if it does?

I emailed Beyond Vape last week.

The "Silo Lite Tank" can NOT use the Aspire BVC's and does NOT have adjustable air flow. :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread