Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's all I vape from sun up to sun down. It's extremely addictive.

It smells like you have a winner! It really does smell fantastic! I can't wait to see how it is after a couple of weeks!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bloodonbass

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
It smells like you have a winner! It really does smell fantastic! I can't wait to see how it is after a couple of weeks!
I don't wait for it to steep. I bust right into it, but I make 200 ml at a time. On a fresh coil soaked in it, it's earth shaking.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Just curious what the vg/pg and nic base percentages you use? Also the percentages from your recipe, can those just be entered into an eliquid calculator?
Ejuice me up is what I recommend. 100mg vg nic., set the vg to 85.5% and pg sets itself. Check no pg/vg for TA Rustica.

Reactions: BlueSnake

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Bloodonbass I have the same TA you do. Can you mix it with PG instead of PGA?

Hey Kuvanos. You could, but it would be a mother trying to get it to break down and dilute properly. Are you thinking of going in a higher percentage range on the PG? I have a recipe for Tobacco Blend that I use every once in a while with the TA Rustica cut with PGA at 50/50, then make a Maltol Blend with 90% PGA & 10% Ethyl Maltol, then Mix 99% Maltol Blend with 1% TA Rustica. It's like the Tobacco Blend that TFA use to sell with a nice honeyed note to it.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I always use PG and dilute Rustica to 10 percent solution. Just warm things up a little before mixing. It does separate back out with little specks gathering at the top but I just microwave 3 or 4 seconds before mixing. I'm told that PGA will hold the Rustica in solution better but I've never had a problem using it this way.

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
I always use PG and dilute Rustica to 10 percent solution. Just warm things up a little before mixing. It does separate back out with little specks gathering at the top but I just microwave 3 or 4 seconds before mixing. I'm told that PGA will hold the Rustica in solution better but I've never had a problem using it this way.

Hey JD1, you ever consider trying to dilute it with VG? Just running the thought through my head if it would break down enough??? Not sure if VG would be volatile enough to get it to a good working dilution.

Reactions: JD1

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Hey JD1, you ever consider trying to dilute it with VG? Just running the thought through my head if it would break down enough??? Not sure if VG would be volatile enough to get it to a good working dilution.

bb, I have done straight PG and VG 10% abs solutions. Also pre-steeping of 90/10 tab/abs blends. Prefer shake and vape and micro def effective achieving solution and dealing with separation as @JD1 states.

Good luck. :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've never tried VG but, like Mac said, warming really thins things down for mixing, so I would think it should work about the same. Doesn't have to be hot either. If both Rustica and PG is warm to the touch, they will mix, so not surprised that Mac reports same for VG.
It does separate back out some, but when you mix, just remove lid and nuke about 4 seconds, shake and measure out your percent.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Okay, my friends. I've now had a chance to spend some time with Blood's juice, in both my preferred 3mg and in 9mg, which is how he's vaping it. A few caveats. I tried to taste on a similar setup to how I vaped the original, but a few things have changed with my stock. I originally was on kanthal, this was on nic-chrome. I used to vape on cotton, now it's rayon. So the ohms and wattage were about the same, but there were differences in the wick and wire.

The good news is that this is a pretty tasty recipe. Maybe just a touch heavy on the buttered rum, as that's the dominant note to my taste buds. Just for my own use, if I ever mix this, I'd lower that component, and maybe bring up the TA. But it's good as is too.

The bad news is, by my taste buds, this is not Boba's, nor is it really all that close. While the flavor is good, it lacks that unique density of flavor that Boba's packed. I don't get any of the stone fruit notes or graham notes that most people associated with Boba's. The tobacco base for it may be right or close to right, but the accents just aren't there.

It may appeal to people who liked Boba's, as it hits on some of those same sensibilities. But if you're expecting a version of a long-lost love, I think you'll be left disappointed. I'll happily vape what Blood sent me, and I thank him for putting up and giving me a chance to decide for myself.

Also, if I find this changes much in a week or two, I'll report back.

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Okay, my friends. I've now had a chance to spend some time with Blood's juice, in both my preferred 3mg and in 9mg, which is how he's vaping it. A few caveats. I tried to taste on a similar setup to how I vaped the original, but a few things have changed with my stock. I originally was on kanthal, this was on nic-chrome. I used to vape on cotton, now it's rayon. So the ohms and wattage were about the same, but there were differences in the wick and wire.

The good news is that this is a pretty tasty recipe. Maybe just a touch heavy on the buttered rum, as that's the dominant note to my taste buds. Just for my own use, if I ever mix this, I'd lower that component, and maybe bring up the TA. But it's good as is too.

The bad news is, by my taste buds, this is not Boba's, nor is it really all that close. While the flavor is good, it lacks that unique density of flavor that Boba's packed. I don't get any of the stone fruit notes or graham notes that most people associated with Boba's. The tobacco base for it may be right or close to right, but the accents just aren't there.

It may appeal to people who liked Boba's, as it hits on some of those same sensibilities. But if you're expecting a version of a long-lost love, I think you'll be left disappointed. I'll happily vape what Blood sent me, and I thank him for putting up and giving me a chance to decide for myself.

Also, if I find this changes much in a week or two, I'll report back.

Not sure if I put the date on the 9mg bottle or not, but I mixed it on 2/15/17. This will give you an exact point in time in case there's any changes in flavor and you want to see how long it took to reach that point of change.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Just the base is a winner for me. Percents are different though.

Rustica 4% (10% soultion) !!!!!!!!!!
TFA Turkish 2%

And nothing else. :vapor:

Flav sensitive but love intensity…that would blow me away.

(I'll try to mix some soon! LOL)

Good luck. :)

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
I haven't, no. I've been super busy working on my Jeep all weekend... Water pump blow out!

When I gave it a whiff last night it's taken on almost a kind of Windex smell to it, that is not very appetizing. I'm letting it cap off breathe some more today.

I'm wondering where the Windex aroma is coming from? I haven't ever really noticed that coming from my mixes with this recipe. Might be time to dissect this recipe a touch. I personally love it, and it's been my favorite for a few months now. A friend of mine asked me to hit it with about 3% banana nut bread(tfa) and that turned out pretty awesome as well. Still scratching my head on the windex thing.

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Not exactly sure how this will play out, but tried an alternate version last night by replacing the flavor west butter rum with flavor west cinnamon roll just to see what that might look like. I'll report back on this one as it's smells great, but the over all flavor could take a few days steep time to hit the points I'm going after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread