New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
A few months back I started a thread about a new calculator that was available. Since that post I have received a lot of good input and have made several updates and added new features. I encourage you to download and try out the latest version. All feedback is welcome.

Download links:
Juice Calculator

A summary of its features:
Define and save ingredients
  • PG/VG percentage levels
  • Nicotine level (pre-mix ingredients)
  • Drops/ml and grams/ml
  • Cost of ingredient
  • Notes associated with ingredient

Define and save recipes
  • Nicotine, PG and VG level
  • Selection of defined ingredients to add
  • Notes associated with the recipe
  • See resulting amounts to add (drops, ML’s, grams) and total cost of the recipe

Modify an existing mix
Have you ever created a mix and would like to change the nicotine level, increase or decrease a flavor percentage, change the PG/VG ratio or add additional ingredients while maintaining the same ratios of your other ingredients? The “Modify recipe” option will do this. After making your changes you will be informed how much of each ingredient to add to bring your existing mixture to the new levels.

Build a recipe by entering ingredient amounts
Have you ever mixed something up by throwing together several ingredients and wanted to create a repeatable recipe by specifying the amount of each ingredient added? The “Build recipe” option will do this. Enter the amount of each ingredient added and then save the new recipe.

Includes a calculator to “Dilute nicotine” to a different mg/ml level and dilute to obtain a different PG/VG ratio.

Export your recipe(s) and ingredients to Excel.

Import your existing recipes from other popular calculators.

Search your existing recipes to find recipes that contain one or more of the ingredients specified.

Before you start using the calculator, make sure you setup your preferences on how the calculator operates by going to the “Options” window.

Screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
It is the medium size default Win 7 font, and clear type is on. here are a couple of screen shots. might mention this is 1680x1050 res. as well. it isn't bad, actually, some programs are so bad buttons are totally hidden, and I have to switch to default font size to make them usable.

size.jpg fontsize.jpg

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
It is the medium size default Win 7 font, and clear type is on. here are a couple of screen shots. might mention this is 1680x1050 res. as well. it isn't bad, actually, some programs are so bad buttons are totally hidden, and I have to switch to default font size to make them usable.

View attachment 262804 View attachment 262805

I will investigate. I tried the large fonts and the buttons resized and worked. I will try again with your settings and try to resolve.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

View attachment 262804 View attachment 262805

ccwaters,

Another version just posted. See if this resolves the issue you were seeing. I changed my font size and got close to your resolution and seen some issues. I updates several Windows and it resolved the issues that I seen at my resolution setting. Hopefully it resolved it for your specific resolution.

Reactions: David Wolf

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Reactions: Opinionated

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
Love this calculator!
It took a while to set up the ingredients list, but once I did it is so easy to use. I especially like that the cost is calculated too!

The only thing that I would prefer is if you could just save individual recipes. I like to categorize by folders (keepers, ready to mix, rejects, etc.) instead of having multiple recipes in one file, but I can live with that for the other advantages.

Another thing that would be nice is if the notes field was included in the print out. That way you have your notes on hand at your mixing station.

Thank you so much HotRod19579 for your work on this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinionated

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
ccwaters,

Another version just posted. See if this resolves the issue you were seeing. I changed my font size and got close to your resolution and seen some issues. I updates several Windows and it resolved the issues that I seen at my resolution setting. Hopefully it resolved it for your specific resolution.

Thank you very much, the cropped box is fixed for my settings, Nice work!

Reactions: Slots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread