New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 7.0.1.1 is available. Changes include:

1. When an ingredient is right-clicked on the main recipe window there is a new menu item, View/Update ingredient. Selecting the item will open the manage ingredients window with the ingredient selected.

2. Added a button on the current inventory window to allow the inventory to be filtered to show only the ingredients that you have in stock.

3. Added a button on the menu strip of the main window to launch the current inventory window.

4. Added some additional edits when importing ingredients from Excel. This will prevent exceptions from being thrown when erroneous values are attempted to be imported.

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
Any way we can add a button (where highlighted) here to see which recipes the ingredient is in?

upload_2016-6-24_0-24-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-24_0-24-36.png
    upload_2016-6-24_0-24-36.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 26

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Any way we can add a button (where highlighted) here to see which recipes the ingredient is in?

View attachment 570031
I have added a dropdown list showing all of the recipes that the ingredient is being used in. It won't be until next weekend that I can make the release available.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Not trying to suck-up-to the creator... just tossed another measly dollar or two their way though... after the months and months of use, if I didn't use the calculator for nothing else other than a database for recipes it would be worth it, but if you even attempt to add in all the changes that keeps going into this... well... thanks for the program

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Not trying to suck-up-to the creator... just tossed another measly dollar or two their way though... after the months and months of use, if I didn't use the calculator for nothing else other than a database for recipes it would be worth it, but if you even attempt to add in all the changes that keeps going into this... well... thanks for the program

Thank you Tutor, it's always nice to hear positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    Hi @HotRod19579
    Haven't talked to you in a while - it looks like things are going well!

Anyway - I need to adjust the nicotine level of a juice (up) and the calculator maxes out at 100mg for the nic base being used. I have a 300mg base that I'm planning on using. Is there a workaround? I guess I could just decrease the original juice amount to 33% of it's original volume and use the 100mg base info, but it's still a workaround, not a fix.

Thanks!

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Hi @HotRod19579
    Haven't talked to you in a while - it looks like things are going well!

Anyway - I need to adjust the nicotine level of a juice (up) and the calculator maxes out at 100mg for the nic base being used. I have a 300mg base that I'm planning on using. Is there a workaround? I guess I could just decrease the original juice amount to 33% of it's original volume and use the 100mg base info, but it's still a workaround, not a fix.

Thanks!

I will provide an update later today increasing the 100mg limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrazyChef

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Version 7.0.1.3 is available. Changes include:

1. Increased the maximum level for nicotine levels in the calculator.
    2. Added a "Make recipe" button on the main window. When clicked the "Last made on" date for the recipe is updated and the inventory for all ingredients in the recipe is reduced.

CrazyChef, I learned that there were several areas in the calculator where the maximum nicotine level was set to 100mg. I updated all of the areas that I identified, let me know if I missed the area that you are working with.

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    CrazyChef, I learned that there were several areas in the calculator where the maximum nicotine level was set to 100mg. I updated all of the areas that I identified, let me know if I missed the area that you are working with.
    Wow, that was fast - thanks!

Any news yet on possibly adding tiered costs for the same ingredient from the same vendor?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    I just wanted to clarify. The new Make a recipe button has the same function as adjust inventory correct? All it adds is update the last made date right? I like the function I just don't want to mess anything up
    Yes (almost). The adjust inventory will prompt you if you want to reduce or increase your inventory by the ingredient amounts in the recipe. The make recipe, as you stated, decreases the inventory and adds the update to the last made date.

Angelo87

Jun 17, 2016
    Hi Hotrod19579 thanks for making those changes. Appreciate it.

I have another suggestion if you don't mind..

When adding a new ingredient to a recipe, if the ingredients are sorted using the folder name feature you can't search in the dropdown list by simply typing an ingredient name anymore, you have to point & click with the mouse through the folder hierarchy. Could this be fixed to allow both?

Not sure if this one is possible but will try to describe it best I can. Loving the highlighted recipes in red in the dropdown list, very useful. I have a couple of suggestions for this. Not sure if you'll like them but might as well get them out there.

1. The recipes in red would be useful if you could append an indicator of total available ingredients for that recipe at the end of the name like Apple Cookie (3/7)

2. I think it would be awesome, if say I had a recipe that was missing a few key ingredients that it could be highlighted in blue or something to display that you have other ingredients with an identical name that could be subbed.
    If this is possible it could even be extended further not only by having identical ingredient names but using regex to search the ingredient in the recipie against your inventory for possible subs that have similar names. I.e. say my recipe called for Cotton Candy and I have Blueberry Cotton Candy that the regex would pick that up. I realise it wouldn't work for a recipe that had Blueberry Cotton Candy in it & searching for Cotton Candy. But could be kind of useful.

I started using this program, entering all my data adhoc, i.e. putting the manufacturer name in the ingredient name, then realising I didn't have to do that. One thing I have noticed, there have been a couple of occasions when I have been doing some data maintenance that I come back to a specific recipe and an ingredient has changed, that I don't remember changing. It could be something I have done, so I am unsure. But when I've noticed stuff like this happening I've been doing certain operations like renaming an ingredient, deleting an ingredient. Searching an ingredient for a value and removing the search value from the ingredient name etc. There has been a couple of times when doing stuff like this the program throws out an exception and crashes. Sorry I haven't took note of any of the logs to send to you. I am using Window 10 x64 though, if that helps at all. If i happens again I'll take note of what I did.

Cheers Thanks Again :D

Kingdomcome

Jul 6, 2016
    I want to start off by saying this is an awesome program. The layout is very clear and easy to use. The inventory and shopping list features are extremely useful. Ingredient details and defaults are easily customized. And on and on. I almost registered a couple weeks ago to suggest a "Make Recipe" button but I got distracted by life.

I have found a bug with the "Make Recipe" button though. It does not appear to be reducing the inventory of my base ingredients. Nic, PG, and VG are unchanged; but all of the flavors are reduced per the recipe.

I also have a feature request for the ingredient default options: a default alarm threshold. That is one setting that I manually change when adding new ingredients.

Thanks again for the program and the effort you put into keeping it updated and responding to bugs and request.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread