New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Loving the integrated label functionality but hating on the default date format.

I need YYYY/MM/DD on my labels but changing to this format under Tools, Options, Print Defaults does not seem to be working.

Great work on this juice calculator, it's my favorite one so far!
The "Print label advanced" option will use the format specified in the Tools->Options. I also just made a change so that the "Print label" option will use the format from the options window. I will make a new version available this weekend that will included the change.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hey there HR!! Been seeing links to this thread so finally decided to say hi especially considering we're all trying to get ready for the you know what. :rolleyes:
Question- can this calc be used on a Chromebook?

I am not familiar with a Chromebook but I don't believe that it will. The app requires .NET version 4.0 and Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT5A

Feb 12, 2016
uk
Hi loving the program,Thank you for the work you put into this.

just starting to work my way through this thread so sorry if this has already been covered .

when i import recipe from text it gives me the option to add to my shopping list , can I configure it to only add ingredients to the shopping list If they are not in the inventory already

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi loving the program,Thank you for the work you put into this.

just starting to work my way through this thread so sorry if this has already been covered .

when i import recipe from text it gives me the option to add to my shopping list , can I configure it to only add ingredients to the shopping list If they are not in the inventory already
On the import window there is a checkbox labeled "Add imported ingredients to shopping list". If this is checked;
During the import if the ingredient is not found in your list of ingredients, the ingredient will be added and it will also be added to your shopping list.
If the ingredient is found in your list of ingredients and the amount that you have in inventory is 0 it will be added to your shopping list.
If the ingredient is found and the amount you have in inventory is > 0, it will not be added to the shopping list.

xXxLEONIDASxXx

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Charleston SC
Thanks for a great program HotRod, I've been using it for over a year now and it's awesome. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and while the program still functions properly I can't find my old recipes in "windows.old" folder. I can find the original download and a couple of recipes that I saved in a specific location. I can't find the other 100+ recipes though. When saving a recipe what extension is used? I need something to search for so I can try and recover please.

TIA

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks for a great program HotRod, I've been using it for over a year now and it's awesome. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and while the program still functions properly I can't find my old recipes in "windows.old" folder. I can find the original download and a couple of recipes that I saved in a specific location. I can't find the other 100+ recipes though. When saving a recipe what extension is used? I need something to search for so I can try and recover please.

TIA

The files (and backups) are saved as .xml. Your computer will likely have tons of xml files though. I don't recall the default folder locations as I set mine up to save/backup to my dropbox folder to be sure I never lose them in event of hardware/OS issues.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

TIA

Unless you specified a specific directory, the default directory is in your Documents folder and is in a sub directory called EJuiceCalculator. The extension will be .xml

xXxLEONIDASxXx

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Charleston SC
Unless you specified a specific directory, the default directory is in your Documents folder and is in a sub directory called EJuiceCalculator. The extension will be .xml

Thanks, I have that folder but it only shows 4 recipes. Are all the recipes included in one XML or is that a single recipe? I guess I'll just add them and figure it out.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks, I have that folder but it only shows 4 recipes. Are all the recipes included in one XML or is that a single recipe? I guess I'll just add them and figure it out.

All recipes and ingredients are in a single file however you can create multiple files, each containing different recipes and ingredients.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It took me a while to understand that. I was making a new file for each recipe at first. Now I just save as... occasionally and name it by date so I have plenty of backup files in addition to the actual auto backups. Storage space is cheap. Better to have too many backups/copies than not enough. I know all too well that xml files can corrupt for no apparent reason.

xXxLEONIDASxXx

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Charleston SC
All recipes and ingredients are in a single file however you can create multiple files, each containing different recipes and ingredients.

Got it, thanks a lot and keep up the good work on the program!

It took me a while to understand that. I was making a new file for each recipe at first. Now I just save as... occasionally and name it by date so I have plenty of backup files in addition to the actual auto backups. Storage space is cheap. Better to have too many backups/copies than not enough. I know all too well that xml files can corrupt for no apparent reason.

I never opened the ones that were saved because they were from when I just started out and wasn't interested in them any more lol

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

I never opened the ones that were saved because they were from when I just started out and wasn't interested in them any more lol

Going forward I would suggest you just do a save as... periodically so you have periodic backups. And turn on the auto backup feature and set it (and your normal files) to save in a custom path on a drive separate from windows (preferably sync'd to a dropbox or googledrive type cloud service). I pay $10/mo for a TB of dropbox storage. No worries about running out of storage or losing all my files due to hardware failure, if my house got robbed (had this happen a long time ago, awful) or went up in flames.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 7.0.1.5 is available. This version includes 2 changes:

1. Under certain circumstances and exception was being thrown when creating a flavor base. Fixed.

2. The "File->Print label" option was not using the date format specified in the "Tools->Options" print defaults tab. Updated to use the specified format.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
A few months back I started a thread about a new calculator that was available. Since that post I have received a lot of good input and have made several updates and added new features. I encourage you to download and try out the latest version. All feedback is welcome.

Download links:
Juice Calculator

View attachment 262394

.......n. What a ton of work you put into this. Thank you, kind sir.

Reactions: IDJoel

VapLama

Aug 15, 2014
Montreal
Hotrod, said it before but I'll say it again, thank you 1000 times for the best juice software ever IMHO
My best ever just became unstable. I installed W10 2 weeks ago and now the calculator just stops and closes often when I add a ingredient to the recipe. Not every time but pretty often.
Now every add I make I save or else all is lost. Am I alone or was this observed before?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hotrod, said it before but I'll say it again, thank you 1000 times for the best juice software ever IMHO
My best ever just became unstable. I installed W10 2 weeks ago and now the calculator just stops and closes often when I add a ingredient to the recipe. Not every time but pretty often.
Now every add I make I save or else all is lost. Am I alone or was this observed before?
I am on win 10 and have no issues like that but only started using it a week or two ago. You updated the juice calc and set it to run as admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread