New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Error (of the extra pages) have been corrected... thanks, I'll have to play with those settings a bit (column widths) but I think having that word doc will be much nicer than opening up the ingredient window checking my stash all the time.
One thing I also have been doing... I'm not making a suggestion, just tossing this out here for others that might also like this:
In the Recipe main window currently there is a "Category" drop down, I assumed it was so you could place in it... Cream, Fruit, Spice etc for what type of a recipe it was. For me (personally) I didn't really use it because frankly, I knew what the recipe it was. So I had started putting different things in that area i.e. To mix, To Mix/test, ADV, Steeping, and one or two other things. Helped/helps me plan my mixing days, I place things into the category and it lets me know what I have steeping or what I had planned on mixing quickly by filtering via the "Recipe category" right above it.

zachsid

Aug 24, 2016
Hi I just started using your program and love it. When I try to print it gives me the following error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Font "Harlow Solid Italic" does not support style "Regular"

I try to change the font in options but it gives the exact same error when I click on change fonts.
I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I have provided 3 templates that you can use as examples. The templates are stored in the installation directory of the calculator. By default on a Windows 10 64-bit system the directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)\EJuiceCalculator. The template names are "AllIngredientsTemplate.docx", "AllRecipesTemplate.docx" and "RecipeTemplate.docx". The filenames correspond with the "File->Generate custom report" options. When you select one of the generate report options it will prompt you for a file to open. Choose the template that I referenced above which matches the generate report option that you selected.

I do not have any of those files on my system. Searched C: and D: found nothing.
They were not in the install dir so I searched the entire machine.

Maybe I should save my data and reinstall.

zachsid

Aug 24, 2016
Did you set the Harlow font? I don't know where the calculator would have got it from. But yes, change the font the font to something like Ariel and see if it prints. The fonts are set in Tools->Options, Print Defaults.

When I go to tools-options-print tab and click on "change font" the error pops up . so I have no way to change the default font. Should I just reinstall?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I do not have any of those files on my system. Searched C: and D: found nothing.
They were not in the install dir so I searched the entire machine.

Maybe I should save my data and reinstall.
I am running Windows 10 (Home?; whatever the basic version is) but this is the path I found the templates on my machine (note I used the default locations when I installed the calculator):
C:\Program Files (x86)\EJuiceCalculator
And it looks like this in File Explorer:
upload_2016-8-24_21-26-6.png

When I opened the EJuiceCalculator file in File Explorer I cliked on the "Type" tap highlighted near the top to rearrange the order of the file by file type. This placed the 3 template files on the first screen you see highlighted in blue.
I hope this helps.

Tode33

May 31, 2015
I'm having some issues printing labels with my dymo 450 turbo label printer. I'm not sure what option I'm getting wrong, but whenever I try to print, it is only printing the first few characters across the beginning of the label. I've tried using the preset Dymo 30330 and creating my own for 30252.

Attachments

• 2016-08-25 07.34.14.jpg
    2016-08-25 07.34.14.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 29
  • label settings.jpg
    label settings.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 27

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I am running Windows 10 (Home?; whatever the basic version is) but this is the path I found the templates on my machine (note I used the default locations when I installed the calculator):
C:\Program Files (x86)\EJuiceCalculator
And it looks like this in File Explorer:

When I opened the EJuiceCalculator file in File Explorer I cliked on the "Type" tap highlighted near the top to rearrange the order of the file by file type. This placed the 3 template files on the first screen you see highlighted in blue.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the guidance.
I looked there and when I didn't find them searched the entire machine. Those files don't exist on my computer.
I'll just uninstall and reinstall, it is easy to do.

Tode33

May 31, 2015
Are you doing print preview?

On print preview it looks fine in portrait layout (still prints off though,) when I change to landscape though the preview looks like it does on the labels (only printing a portion.) It seems like it thinks I'm printing an entire sheet of labels through a normal printer instead of just one through the label writer, regardless of the settings I pick.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
On print preview it looks fine in portrait layout (still prints off though,) when I change to landscape though the preview looks like it does on the labels (only printing a portion.) It seems like it thinks I'm printing an entire sheet of labels through a normal printer instead of just one through the label writer, regardless of the settings I pick.
Try leaving Juice Calculator's settings alone but change to landscape in the printer settings when the Windows print dialog comes up at the time of printing.

Tode33

May 31, 2015
Try leaving Juice Calculator's settings alone but change to landscape in the printer settings when the Windows print dialog comes up at the time of printing.

That seems to have fixed it, I unchecked "Use printer/landscape defined in Options" and it's printing normally now.

Unfortunately now I've run into a non-printing problem: while I was messing around in the options I used the import recipes and ingredients from starter kit. Now the program slows down to a crawl every time I change the recipe, to the point where windows thinks it stops responding. Is there just too much in the recipe file now that it's slowing things down when trying to load ingredients?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread