New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
This doesn't seem to take into account the actual/existing last made on date if it was made in the past for all recipes. It did for the Marshmallow Vanilla Swirl and the Western Menthol at the bottom of the list.

yrYYL1M.png

When adding to the steeping list I use the current date as the starting date for the steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
3. Added a new option in the "Tools->Options", Recipe defaults tab, "Add recipe to steeping recipe list when printed".
6. On the "Print label advanced" 3 checkboxes were added: 1) Reduce ingredient inventory 2) Add recipes to steeping list and 3) Update last made date.
Will this do it a second time? Meaning if i hit Make recipe and then print label. Will it adjust inventor twice?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Will this do it a second time? Meaning if i hit Make recipe and then print label. Will it adjust inventor twice?

Yes, my goal was to provide several methods to add to steeping list, adjust inventory and update last made. You will need to select which method works best for you.

Reactions: IDJoel

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

Yes, my goal was to provide several methods to add to steeping list, adjust inventory and update last made. You will need to select which method works best for you.

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa

Ok that is a really important thing to know. So heres my question... If i were to make a recipe and use the Make button (Which will adjust inventory and add to steeping list) and then go to print label. Your saying that it will adjust the inventory twice as well as add the recipe to steeping twice. correct?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Ok that is a really important thing to know. So heres my question... If i were to make a recipe and use the Make button (Which will adjust inventory and add to steeping list) and then go to print label. Your saying that it will adjust the inventory twice as well as add the recipe to steeping twice. correct?

Sorry for the multiple post, Tapatalk.

If you have the checkboxes checked when you print a label it will perform the action associated with the checkbox.

Tyler Smith

Sep 5, 2016
I would use this if it was for MAC. I tried using it on my PC Laptop but my laptop is so messed up. Takes no lie 20 minutes to boot up. Yeah I know I could get a dual boot for my MAC, and I did except it took up too much hard drive space on my little SSD Mac book. Just wish all programs ran on MAC. They're so much quicker, smoother, and this program would be so amazing. I just have to stick with e-liquid-recipes one

Reactions: Diyguy

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

were those added to steep list when you clicked make recipe, or added today via the hotkey? The ones I made earlier this week have the proper date but all the ones I added today with the hotkey have today's date. no big deal going forward, only for the older recipes I made before the steeping list was introduced.

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
were those added to steep list when you clicked make recipe, or added today via the hotkey? The ones I made earlier this week have the proper date but all the ones I added today with the hotkey have today's date. no big deal going forward, only for the older recipes I made before the steeping list was introduced.

They were added previously. However I did notice by using the hot key it will input today's date even if the last me date is something else. I think that is a good thing even though it might be annoying for some

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
9. Allow the tab character to be used in the notes field of recipes and ingredients.
unintended bug?

If I am filtering thru all my recipes for misc review/editing (I was updating all of the recipes 'days to steep' and instead of clicking the 'days to steep with my mouse I decided to TAB over to it) and TAB after changing recipe to get to the days to steep field: once it hits the notes field/box the TAB button doesn't change to the next field but instead starts adding TAB characters to the 'Notes' field/box.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
unintended bug?

If I am filtering thru all my recipes for misc review/editing (I was updating all of the recipes 'days to steep' and instead of clicking the 'days to steep with my mouse I decided to TAB over to it) and TAB after changing recipe to get to the days to steep field: once it hits the notes field/box the TAB button doesn't change to the next field but instead starts adding TAB characters to the 'Notes' field/box.

That's actually a very welcomed feature. It now behaves like all other note taking software. But perhaps something could be done for folks that like to do what I think you're wanting, like maybe not inserting a TAB if the field has been TAB'ed into (without any cursor key or text input after being tabbed into) - or even a preference or something.

HR - One thing I still notice, at least on this machine, is that the main recipe window will lose its size and position if any of its edges are near the screen edges (or the taskbar) - like if it's within about 10 pixels or so. It does remember if it's maximized though, now

Thanks Hotrod for all that you keep doing! It's extremely appreciated.

Last edited:

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Just wish all programs ran on MAC. They're so much quicker, smoother, and this program would be so amazing. I just have to stick with e-liquid-recipes one

It would also help if you were comparing apples to apples - like if the Windows machine also had a SSD. One of the troubles with Macs is that everything is so damned proprietary (and pretentious). Like, one NEEDS the iChair, iDesk (or iLap iCooler interface), and the iCup/iMug in order for it to run. :p

Personally, I'd still be running Linux if it ran the software I wanted/needed - such as, Juice Calculator, Directory Opus (A HUGE, MASSIVE one), and Lightroom. But after trying to go without such software, I just had too much trouble getting along with it. So I just went back to Windows. ... I've always had a thing with supporting the underdogs, like Commodore (C64 & Amiga), and Microsoft. Crap, did I actually just say Microsoft was an underdog here?!? 8O

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
HR - One thing I still notice, at least on this machine, is that the main recipe window will lose its size and position if any of its edges are near the screen edges (or the taskbar) - like if it's within about 10 pixels or so. It does remember if it's maximized though, now

Thanks Hotrod for all that you keep doing! It's extremely appreciated.
If the last window position is not fully displayed on a monitor the window placement and size will go back to default values. The reason;
Over the years I have written many apps that remember the window placement and restore the placement on startup and I have learned to allow for scenarios that are not always obvious. When the size of a users desktop changes the last known position may not be visible on the new desktop. There are several things that can cause this but one might be that you are running a two monitor system and you have the application running on monitor 2. The next time you run the application the 2nd monitor is no longer available. If I place the window on at the prior location you will have no way of getting to the window. Killing the application and restarting generates the same condition. There are many scenarios that can cause this condition but the most obvious is switching from 2 monitors to 1 monitor. Another example is going from a docked laptop with an external monitor to an undocked laptop without the external monitor.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
If the last window position is not fully displayed on a monitor the window placement and size will go back to default values. The reason;
Over the years I have written many apps that remember the window placement and restore the placement on startup and I have learned to allow for scenarios that are not always obvious. When the size of a users desktop changes the last known position may not be visible on the new desktop. There are several things that can cause this but one might be that you are running a two monitor system and you have the application running on monitor 2. The next time you run the application the 2nd monitor is no longer available. If I place the window on at the prior location you will have no way of getting to the window. Killing the application and restarting generates the same condition. There are many scenarios that can cause this condition but the most obvious is switching from 2 monitors to 1 monitor. Another example is going from a docked laptop with an external monitor to an undocked laptop without the external monitor.

Ok, I can understand such a condition.. But I'm curious that if a program can know it's not being fully displayed (I'm guessing perhaps by detecting closeness to edges in some way??), then why isn't it able to also detect that is in, in fact, being fully displayed within a screen?

I have finally gotten it to stay on the top edge (perhaps I shouldn't mention that? :) ), and I'm not really wanting it to always be touching the bottom taskbar anyways (cause I usually like having it ~halfway above Cyberfox's bottom add-on bar, for popping up weather windows), nor the right side (for detaching the notes) - but it's kind of 'far'-ish away from touching the left edge before it defaults. And I'm also wondering why the other windows can get much closer before defaulting (at least to the left edge when testing the ingredient window)?

Please know I'm not trying to argue. I'm just wanting to understand. I've only ever been a dabbler in a couple programming languages - and that was long ago now, so I don't remember much of anything anymore. =)

As always, many thanks for your ever continuing patience!

Scouser

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 11, 2016
    Liverpool, UK
    It would also help if you were comparing apples to apples - like if the Windows machine also had a SSD. One of the troubles with Macs is that everything is so damned proprietary (and pretentious). Like, one NEEDS the iChair, iDesk (or iLap iCooler interface), and the iCup/iMug in order for it to run. :p

Personally, I'd still be running Linux if it ran the software I wanted/needed - such as, Juice Calculator, Directory Opus (A HUGE, MASSIVE one), and Lightroom. But after trying to go without such software, I just had too much trouble getting along with it. So I just went back to Windows. ... I've always had a thing with supporting the underdogs, like Commodore (C64 & Amiga), and Microsoft. Crap, did I actually just say Microsoft was an underdog here?!? 8O

Nah sorry that's pants. I have been running Linux since it started. If you knew me you would know why. Linux is incredible for the embedded world. No doubt about that but for the desktop? Sorry but my Mac L&F cant be beat. Even Window's L&F is better than Linux! Under the hood on the Mac it's Unix. You can still get a shell prompt. Also there is macports which brings in the entire Open Source infrastructure if you want it. Hell you can even run Gnome on the Mac if that's what you like.

Back to the topic. I am running JC on my Mac under WInebottler. It works about 95%. There are some niggly bugs but it really does not bother me and I get around them in order to use this brilliant software from HR. BTW, the bugs are NOT from HR's programming. They are to do with the underlying Wine implementation.....and yes....they persist similarly on Linux.

Reactions: Diyguy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread