New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are trying to do something like this;
1. Concentrate file:
a. create multiple flavor concentrates.
b. transfer those concentrates to juice file.
c. reduce inventory for individual flavor concentrates.
d. track amounts of flavor concentrates.
e. *track amounts of VG, PG, and Nic.

2. juice file:
a. use only mixed flavor concentrates, VG, PG, and Nic to develope finished juice.
b. track amounts of mixed concentrates.
c. track amounts of VG, PG, and Nic.

Is that correct? If so then it should all work out.

Depending on where you want to add VG, PG, and Nic. They can be in the Concentrate or the Juice side, but not both.

The Concentrate side would have all of the individual flavor concentrates and the Juice side would have all of you mixed flavor bases.

The two files would not cross on their inventory but would serve the same function.
How would you go about setting something like that up?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

He is referring to the "Create flavor base from recipe" option found at Edit->Create flavor base from recipe...:
upload_2017-3-14_20-23-40.png

This is best for recipes that you make frequently and/or like to use as the "core" of multiple recipes and then like to riff on with other secondary ingredients (like a custard base that you like to add different fruits, tobaccos, and whatever else to). These are often referred to as "stone" recipes (such as "I made a creamy peach danish the other day using my peach stone."). I explained it in more detail earlier in the thread here: New Calculator to try

Reactions: ShowerHead

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
@IDJoel You are a lifesaver, really you are.

I understand the principle of what to do, but I can't exactly figure out the mechanics of it. For posterity of information, I'll reiterate what I'm trying to do, and I've screen capped an abomination I was attempting to create. Thus, we shall bring forth more information to the masses! So, on with the show, I suppose.

----------
All my recipes start out as this, as I am sure all others do as well:
ksNyLlN.png

I then make:
RUb551X.png

AND:
40cTqVo.png

Having those created and thinking I'm a gift to the world, I delete the original recipe (d'oh). Now I want to rebuild the original base from the Concentrate recipe.

So, @IDJoel those are the numbers to work with, so I can at least understand the math behind it and hopefully, will be able to get back to the base and adjusting the overall profile.

Again, I thank you and everyone else in this thread that do nothing but try to help. You guys are amazing.

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S

It's really an amazing feature. This whole calculator is, actually.

I wouldn't want to imagine life without it, all the other ones fall extremely short in terms of features and support.

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
@IDJoel I THINK I GOT IT!

With the link to your concentrate explanation, I think I understand how to reverse engineer and using the recipe I listed above, I was able to backtrack to the original percentages from the recipe.

I don't think I can ever thank you enough.

From the math, with the total percentage of flavor being 19% and pv/vg/nic is 81%, that breaks to 19 parts (per your explanation), so I took each concentrate percentage and multiplied it by 19, and moved the decimal twice for percentage conversion. Which means:

Blueberry breaks to 5.5, Bilberry breaks to 3, Cheesecake breaks to 4.5, Sweet Cream breaks to 3, Marshmallow breaks to 2, Pomegranate breaks to 1.

I refused to look at the real base recipe, so I wouldn't accidentally give it away to myself and upon going back to the base after math, the numbers matched!

Thank you for your wonderful explanation on Flavor Bases, without it being so well though out, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@IDJoel I THINK I GOT IT!
Nicely done! You certainly did.

You are right that the magic to reverse-engineering the numbers is to know that the total flavor percentage was 19%. This was given in your screenshot #1 and confirmed by the mixing percentage of your screenshot #3.

Because we know we were taking 19 parts (of 100 parts total) and making them behave as 100 parts we know to take 100 and divide it by 19 (100/19=5.2632) which gives us a result of 5.26315789.... That number gives us our multiplier for maintaining our correct ratios when making a flavor base (concentrate), and our divisor for reverse engineering the concentrate back to its original recipe form.
I am glad you got it figured out. :toast:

Yerba

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Margate, FL
sorry if this is an issue already talked about but its been a while since I read this thread for the last time. At some point, in the various upgrades made to the calculator, it stopped decreasing the amount of flavoring used in my recipes from my flavor stock. Last night found out I have 1ml of certain flavor, while the calculator showed I should have 10ml. After checking my 200+ flavors, there were several bottles with way less liquid than what's showing in the calculator. Had to manually decrease quantity.
If someone can point me in the right direction to what's changed or how to fix it, I'll be very grateful.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
sorry if this is an issue already talked about but its been a while since I read this thread for the last time. At some point, in the various upgrades made to the calculator, it stopped decreasing the amount of flavoring used in my recipes from my flavor stock. Last night found out I have 1ml of certain flavor, while the calculator showed I should have 10ml. After checking my 200+ flavors, there were several bottles with way less liquid than what's showing in the calculator. Had to manually decrease quantity.
If someone can point me in the right direction to what's changed or how to fix it, I'll be very grateful.
Hi @Yerba,
No apologies necessary; that is what this thread is for.

Because you mentioned it has been a while since you have kept up with the thread, I will start by saying that @HotRod19579 has been temporarily laid up (recovering from surgery) which prevents him from typing, so the rest of us have been trying to fill the void as best we can. I will try to give it my best shot, but please keep in mind you are getting a second-stringer's answer, and not the author's.:)

I have only been using Juice Calculator since November 2015 so I am not familiar with how it behaved prior to that. I can not recall anyone mentioning a problem with inventory adjustment/management.

As of now, there are four basic ways to adjust your inventory:
  1. Click the "Make recipe" tab found on the Recipe (Home) screen. Clicking on this will automatically deduct all ingredients of the recipe AND update the "Last made on" date.
    upload_2017-3-26_13-24-23.png
  2. Click on the "+/- Adjust inventory" tab found on the Recipe (Home) screen. Clicking this will open a pop-up window that allows you to select all ingredients, or only certain ingredients, and the either deduct them from inventory, or add them back into inventory. Using this tab does not adjust the "Last made on" date.
    upload_2017-3-26_13-33-40.png
  3. IF the option is activated in the Options menu; clicking on the "Print Label Advanced..." will deduct all ingredients:
    upload_2017-3-26_14-10-47.png
    upload_2017-3-26_14-13-27.png
  4. There is another "Print" option, which will deduct inventory, that can be turned on and off via a check box found in Tools->Options->Recipe Defaults. I confess I do not understand this one. I don't know if this pertains to printing labels (which seems redundant to #3 above), or if this refers to printing the recipe itself (e.g. recipe card or page). I am afraid I don't use the calculator's print features so I am ignorant on this one. Perhaps someone who uses this feature can educate us both. :D
    upload_2017-3-26_14-28-36.png
In perusing the calc's Help file, looking for an answer to #4, I did run across an update note for 7.0.1.4 that did mention an error correction for the "Make recipe;" but that read (to me) as a display issue and not an actual inventory issue:
"Version 7.0.1.4 is available. Changes include:

1. When clicking the "Make recipe" button the inventory amounts displayed in the selected recipe were not being updated. Fixed." (Post #2265)(emphasis mine)

As always, if anyone else has any other ideas, I hope they will share! :thumbs:

Yerba

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Margate, FL
@IDJoel, that was a more than complete answer to my question!!. I really appreciate the time you took to reply.
Sorry to hear about @HotRod19579, hope he recover from surgery soon.
Since starting using this calculator the management of inventory was done automatically, I've never touched any option and always worked perfectly that way.
I'll give a try to all the possible solutions you gave me. Even if I can't fix it, I'll still be using this calculator. Is the best out there.
Once again, THANKS buddy.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Sorry to hear about @HotRod19579, hope he recover from surgery soon.
It was something planned (vs. emergency) so hopefully he will be back to 100% and with us once again before long. I am sure he appreciates the kind thoughts.

I only mentioned it because many of us have become spoiled by having HotRod quickly reply to all of our questions and requests. Since you mentioned you have been away for awhile I didn't want you feeling like your question was being ignored by our fearless leader.;)
Since starting using this calculator the management of inventory was done automatically, I've never touched any option and always worked perfectly that way. I'll give a try to all the possible solutions you gave me.
I am not familiar with this ever having a totally automatic deduction, but again, I am still relatively new to this calculator (only about 15 months). I know there are plenty of folks with much more experience than I have. Maybe they can shed some additional light. :)

All 4 ways I described currently work. Just choose whichever one looks like it will work best for you. I, and I think most others who do not utilize the printing features of the calculator, like method #1 best for its simple 1 click ease. Those that do take advantage of the printing functions seem to like #3 best. But again; you must decide what is best for you.
Even if I can't fix it, I'll still be using this calculator. Is the best out there.
Nothing to fix (other than correcting the few inventory items that are out of wack). Just a touch of new learning.:thumb:
And I am in total agreement that it is the best that I have found. I used three others before finding the Juice Calculator. Once I found it, saw how easy it was to use, all the great help offered by HotRod and everyone else in this thread, I was sold! I haven't bothered to look at another one since.
Once again, THANKS buddy.
I'm happy to my friend. It makes me feel good when I can pass on a little of all the help that so many have already given, and continue to give, to me. Please sing out if you have any further questions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread