This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

New Calculator to try

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by HotRod19579, Oct 16, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bunnomatic

bunnomatic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Conway,SC
    FA is Italian but with a good reputation. God only knows where all these companies are getting their ingredients to make all this stuff tho lol.

2. bunnomatic

Mar 10, 2013
    Conway,SC
    I'll have to watch them for a sale or my wife will cut me off lol. ive been getting my stuff from Bull City Flavors but they don't carry RF yet. They have some of the best prices I have found. That is a very low flavor total. I thought FA was low at 6-8% lol

3. bunnomatic

Mar 10, 2013
    Conway,SC
    Was nice chatting with you! My dog is looking at me like if I don't tke him out he is going to do something that I won't be happy about lol! Have a great night!

Burnie likes this.
  4. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    some people mix them higher and I plan on trying some of my 3.5% recipes scaled up to see if it makes a difference but so far I have no complaints with their stuff at 3.5% using no sweetener or just 0.25% of pyure in the fruit mixes. I have done a lot of single flavor testing at 0.5% - 2% with their flavors (67 flavors in the stash, I think? some I tested higher based on what I read on the forums.) and like other vendors it can vary from flavor to flavor but total flavor percent for a recipe I have yet to go over 4% - 4.5% combined total percent using all RF flavors.

5. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    And now we return you to your regularly scheduled topic;):

Good work-around! Thanks for sharing!!:thumbs:

Fozzy71 likes this.
  6. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I hope the OP is still OK but the thread and software is pretty much dead at this point.

7. skineedog

skineedog Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2015
    Usually from ECX but lately, last several orders have come from BCF. I like that BCF offers bottle sizes for most flavors that ECX doesn't. Capella for instance, ECX it's 4oz or 13mls, thats it. Well, maybe I'd rather have 30mls.... BCF offers several sizes to choose from on most brands and flavors. ECX on the other hand has, with codes and 'loyalty' credits, ever so slightly cheaper prices.

8. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The software isn't dead; it is still a great calculator. We have just been spoiled with near weekly updates in the past. And, the thread isn't dead as long as people are still seeking help, and others are here to offer it.:D

28if, OlderNDirt, Ed Sause and 3 others like this.
  9. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    dead = not being updated imo (note: I work for a software company full time doing remote/tech support) but I agree that I will be using this until I can't use it any longer for whatever reason

10. penguiness

penguiness Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Nashville, TN, USA
    Far from dead. I use calculator regularly and it provides all the features I could possibly want even a year ago.

Hoggy, 28if, Ed Sause and 2 others like this.
  11. Joseph Tyree

Joseph Tyree Full Member

Mar 23, 2015
    flagstaff, AZ
    Hi everyone, I've been using the calculator for a while but a few weeks ago my juice file became corrupt. I know it is an .xml file and I have run it through an online xml validator which reports:
    An error appears near line 89 column 16048:
    undefined.
    Does anyone have any resources or knowledge that could help me repair the error. Thanks for any ideas.

IDJoel likes this.
  12. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I am hoping someone that is XML savvy will chime in here; because that does NOT describe me.:(

Any chance you had the automatic backups turned on?

28if likes this.
  13. Joseph Tyree

Joseph Tyree Full Member

Mar 23, 2015
    flagstaff, AZ
    Unfortunately, I did not. I had moved the xml file to my NAS so that I could access it from several computers and I didn't have the auto backup turned on. Not a mistake I will make again.

14. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    :(Bummer!:(
    Hopefully, someone will be along, with some helpful info... soon.:blush:

28if likes this.
  15. squee

squee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Central CT
    How to Unlock a Corrupt & Unreadable .XML File | eHow

28if likes this.
  16. Joseph Tyree

Joseph Tyree Full Member

Mar 23, 2015
    flagstaff, AZ
    I used an online validator and It told me where the error is, but...even though I know where the error is I can't seem to figure out "what" it is. the validator says the error is at the end of this line: DefaultVGPercentage<> there is a long line of text before that but for some reason I can't paste it here.
    I have tried removing the > and the < which doesn't help. So it seems I am missing something. but looking at the ends of other lines hasn't helped me as they look the same. So I'm stuck.

17. squee

squee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Central CT
    If you want to upload the xml, i can take a look at it but without that, there isn't much else I can tell you

28if likes this.
  18. Joseph Tyree

Joseph Tyree Full Member

Mar 23, 2015
    flagstaff, AZ
    should I just cut and paste it into a reply. or would it be better to put it on dropbox and post the link?

19. Joseph Tyree

Joseph Tyree Full Member

Mar 23, 2015
    flagstaff, AZ
    here is the link. Dropbox - all my juice recipes.xml

Thank you so much for looking at it. link dropped. :/
    ok, no link then. I will paste it, though it is quite long.
    paste is too long. :/

20. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Any chance you can post a screen shot of the entire error message, and also one of the section containing the error (including a bit before, and after)? Then maybe we can offer you some extra sets of eyes to help you identify the problem.
    Also, and please keep in mind that this is coming from one who professes his own ignorance, but...
    from what I was able to glean from the link @squee shared, there should be some sort of a value between the two arrows (the "<" and ">") that defines what the default VG percentage should be (such as "<50>", instead of the empty "<>", but I am only guessing!).

28if likes this.